sony has ps+ "free games" whats micro's plan for xbone?

#1campersniperPosted 10/14/2013 1:26:56 PM
well we have to pay for online gaming one ps4 and xbone. im still not sure which console i want tbh. i know how ps+ games work. but how does this work on xbox live? new game to d/l for free every month? do they expire?
---
@ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
If guns kill people, then spoons make people fat.
#2khardboredPosted 10/14/2013 1:27:52 PM
Currently we get 2 games a month. They never expire. I believe this ends on the Ones launch where a new program -MAY- be implemented.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#3ACx7Posted 10/14/2013 1:29:16 PM
No plans to offer free game rentals like PS+ for the Xbox One right now.
#4campersniper(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 1:30:32 PM
that new program may determine which console i get. ps+ and its expiring games don't appeal to me.
---
@ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
If guns kill people, then spoons make people fat.
#5khardboredPosted 10/14/2013 1:34:39 PM
We really don't know what the plans are for Microsoft after launch. They could very well scrap the entire thing and never do it again. Problem is, what games will they offer for the Xbox One? Obviously they won't offer any free games for a long time due to losing out on sales. I doubt they will offer 360 games on the One because they claim it lacks backward compatibility. So we really don't know right now. The same can be said for the PS4 as well.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#6HENTAIDOJIPosted 10/14/2013 1:41:10 PM
khardbored posted...
Currently we get 2 games a month. They never expire. I believe this ends on the Ones launch where a new program -MAY- be implemented.

That. Alternatively. 26 million gamers pay for gold. Less than 1 million pay for PSN+. Who really needs to convince CoDdies next gen?
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#7calibus11Posted 10/14/2013 1:51:30 PM
We actually don't know Sony's exact plans after launch either...Are they going to give away brand new retail PS4 games? Somehow I don't think they will.

I think they will continue to offer benefits for PS+ until a larger PS4 library is available to allow for game giveaways...

...and that's good for everyone because it forces MS to offer specials and giveaways too.
#8khardboredPosted 10/14/2013 1:54:00 PM
calibus11 posted...
We actually don't know Sony's exact plans after launch either...Are they going to give away brand new retail PS4 games? Somehow I don't think they will.

I think they will continue to offer benefits for PS+ until a larger PS4 library is available to allow for game giveaways...

...and that's good for everyone because it forces MS to offer specials and giveaways too.

It took Microsoft years to actually start giving free games. It won't force them to do it. I'd love it if they did...but I am not holding my breath.
---
#9PorungaPosted 10/14/2013 2:03:01 PM
calibus11 posted...

Yes, actually sony is giving ps4 games free with playstation plus. The first ps+ ps4 game will be a special "plus edition" of driveclub, which is most of the full game.. it is missing a few cars and a track or two, and a indie game or two.
#10uptown710Posted 10/14/2013 2:06:28 PM
I thought this free game deal was ending with 2013?
---
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal