Any solid info on how cloud saves will work?

#1n64guyPosted 10/14/2013 5:21:21 PM
I know there was some news floating around a while back that Xbox One would have "unlimited cloud storage" but I believe that was referring to the fact that you could make unlimited purchases and re-download them from "the cloud" via any machine you are signed in on (just like PS3 and 360...).

Is there any hard information on how game saves (i.e. files created by the game, not available as a download from the marketplace) work with regards to cloud storage?

On 360 the solution was underwhelming. Not enough storage and not automatic. You had to manage it manually as though it was just another storage device on your system. My expectation for Xbox One this whole time has been that ALL game saves will be automatically synced with cloud storage and available for use when signed in elsewhere. i.e. as long as I'm signed in I can seamlessly continue my progress on any other Xbox One console.

But maybe that's an expectation I've taken for granted? I can't seem to find confirmation of this anywhere.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
Live/PSN/Steam: DarkAetherPrime
#2BTM4444Posted 10/14/2013 5:29:24 PM
n64guy posted...
I know there was some news floating around a while back that Xbox One would have "unlimited cloud storage" but I believe that was referring to the fact that you could make unlimited purchases and re-download them from "the cloud" via any machine you are signed in on (just like PS3 and 360...).

Is there any hard information on how game saves (i.e. files created by the game, not available as a download from the marketplace) work with regards to cloud storage?

On 360 the solution was underwhelming. Not enough storage and not automatic. You had to manage it manually as though it was just another storage device on your system. My expectation for Xbox One this whole time has been that ALL game saves will be automatically synced with cloud storage and available for use when signed in elsewhere. i.e. as long as I'm signed in I can seamlessly continue my progress on any other Xbox One console.

But maybe that's an expectation I've taken for granted? I can't seem to find confirmation of this anywhere.

The way Microsoft has been pushing the cloud and saying how great it is, I think your expectations are pretty accurate.