So is a converter cable coming for current gen headsets?

#1BTM4444Posted 10/14/2013 5:26:30 PM
I remember there was some talk going on about this but I don't remember whether it was confirmed or not.

I'm thinking about buying one of the top of the line headsets to use with the Xbox one on release day. So I obviously want to know if I will be able to use it or just be wasting money.

Any info would be great! Thanks
#2SVT52986Posted 10/14/2013 6:49:23 PM
The adapter was mentioned a few months ago so that you could use current headsets on the One and have chat functionality. I have heard nothing recent in regards to a price or actual release date. I am almost betting that it wont be out before November 22nd so those people that want a headset will buy either the two coming from Turtle Beach or the new one from Polk Audio. I mean if the adapter came out before the 22nd it would pretty much kill any sales of those headsets. Not many people would buy a headset designed for only a single console when you could buy a current model that works on various platforms. Since I want a headset day one that will work for audio and chat I preordered the Turtle Beach XO7 model.
#3BTM4444(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 7:21:11 PM
SVT52986 posted...
The adapter was mentioned a few months ago so that you could use current headsets on the One and have chat functionality. I have heard nothing recent in regards to a price or actual release date. I am almost betting that it wont be out before November 22nd so those people that want a headset will buy either the two coming from Turtle Beach or the new one from Polk Audio. I mean if the adapter came out before the 22nd it would pretty much kill any sales of those headsets. Not many people would buy a headset designed for only a single console when you could buy a current model that works on various platforms. Since I want a headset day one that will work for audio and chat I preordered the Turtle Beach XO7 model.

Thanks, I thought it was confirmed but I wish they would come out and say whether it will be available at release

I currently have the turtle beach xp400's and wondering if I should upgrade