Just preordered- advice on what games to get next year?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Just preordered- advice on what games to get next year?

User Info: FUsquarepants

FUsquarepants
3 years ago#1
Jumped on the best buy preorder today. First Xbox platform I'm buying at launch.

I was saving for ps4 but I'm more interested in dead rising 3, FORZA, crimson dragon and powerstar golf which I can get at launch.

My question is what else can I look forward to next year? Shooters are not my cup of tea so Titanfall does nothing for me. And I want to sell my 360- do we know for sure that backwards compatibility will not be done with Xbox 1? Ign wiki says they may do it in the 'near future'. Just want to know when I can sell 360 and make some room in my living room.

I'm getting excited more and more about these launch games. I still will be playing Mario 3d world first followed by the new zelda on 3ds on 11/22 but I'll make some time to try out this too!
I was at game 1 NBA FINALS 08, WMXX, WMXXV, WMXXVIII, WM XXIX, E3 06, 11. next up- E3 2013!
(message deleted)

User Info: RemakeMe

RemakeMe
3 years ago#3
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

User Info: BlazingxPaddles

BlazingxPaddles
3 years ago#4
Titanfall and Destiny next year. Halo 5 is in the works as well.

I can't say beyond those two. I'm sure there's more, but I'm not paying much attention past the launch line-up right now.

User Info: RemakeMe

RemakeMe
3 years ago#5
BlazingxPaddles posted...
Titanfall and Destiny next year. Halo 5 is in the works as well.

I can't say beyond those two. I'm sure there's more, but I'm not paying much attention past the launch line-up right now.

Guess you didn't read past the topic title.
"There's No absolutes in life. Only in Vodka"

FUsquarepants
3 years ago#6
Alright, that's fair. A lot of good stuff coming out on launch- I'm not going to complain. I can wait until e3 for some more good stuff.
I was at game 1 NBA FINALS 08, WMXX, WMXXV, WMXXVIII, WM XXIX, E3 06, 11. next up- E3 2013!

User Info: Millertime660

Millertime660
3 years ago#7
Quantum Break should be interesting. Remedy can tell a killer story!

User Info: zerooo0

zerooo0
3 years ago#8
If you don't like shooters then the Xbox may/may not be the best platform for you lol.(I personally love FPS/TPS games so it's my personal favorite)

Minecraft, Project Spark are the 2 main titles that I would recommend in looking at, & any Cross-Gen game I would recommend getting on the X1. Project Spark would definitely be worth a look at as it can literally be 1000+ games into one.
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.

FUsquarepants
3 years ago#9
i tried project spark at e3, it was ok. it reminds me of little big planet. it can be good if a lot of people get into it and come up with some creative content.

as for minecraft, never played it. i'm not into self/user created games but i have been meaning to try it out. but it's not coming out on x1 launch? if i get ps4 at launch, i may get it.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Just preordered- advice on what games to get next year?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived