I am ashamed to admit this but a major reason I am buying the Xbox One is...

#1khardboredPosted 10/15/2013 8:48:14 AM
Aside from really looking forward to the Kinect and all the games coming down the pipe in the coming years...another major reason (to me) has me pumped.

Achievements. I absolutely love them. They give games a lot more replay value as well as extra goals and a sense of accomplishment (Seriously?!!?).

If Microsoft did away with achievements I would more than likely still buy the console but I would be rather emo about it.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#2gray_fox_00Posted 10/15/2013 8:50:38 AM
You know Sony does a trophy system right?

I'm just not sure why this is a deciding factor. Then again I don't get achievements or trophies in general, so what do I know really?
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#3khardbored(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2013 8:58:40 AM
I only game on the PS3 right now. I sold my 360 and games at GS August 28th for nearly 500 in store credit. No joke. I wanted to play all the PS3 exclusives I kept hearing about and I was NOT disappointed. Every exclusive I played, I loved. But the trophy system just doesn't do it for me. It seems like an afterthought, thrown in, no love. I realize it was added later in the PS3s cycle but meh, just doesn't do it for me.

And it's ONE of the deciding factors.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#4WestSdeNleVrusPosted 10/15/2013 9:01:30 AM
You should be ashamed....and shouldn't admit it....I'm not one for telling people they need to hide...but stay in the closet....
#5ILikesCheesePosted 10/15/2013 9:03:03 AM
I like the Avatars.

If I ever decide to buy an Xbox One (when they lower the price and remove the Kinect), it will be because of the AVATARS.

:)
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#6RybalPosted 10/15/2013 9:09:22 AM
khardbored posted...
I only game on the PS3 right now. I sold my 360 and games at GS August 28th for nearly 500 in store credit. No joke. I wanted to play all the PS3 exclusives I kept hearing about and I was NOT disappointed. Every exclusive I played, I loved. But the trophy system just doesn't do it for me. It seems like an afterthought, thrown in, no love. I realize it was added later in the PS3s cycle but meh, just doesn't do it for me.

And it's ONE of the deciding factors.

Wait - so trophies for the exact same accomplishments are not enough? So what you really mean is you are excited for the gamerscore. Please correct me if I am misinterpreted that.

If I might ask, what about Kinect has you really excited? I'm always curious about that.
---
Brand loyalty is most evident in Apple acolytes - the Applytes - that most rabid of fan bases who will buy a brand new device with every minor upgrade
#7Nate_DihldorffPosted 10/15/2013 9:12:29 AM
Trophies >>>>> Achievements.

An arbitrary number is never better than a pseudo-tangible trophy.
---
Mexican Spanish to Spanish Spanish is like Ebonics to English. It sounds terrible and needs to be eradicated.
#8Dev0311Posted 10/15/2013 9:22:29 AM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
Trophies >>>>> Achievements.

An arbitrary number is never better than a pseudo-tangible trophy.

Both are worthless
#9rusty12000Posted 10/15/2013 9:24:52 AM
Ironically Kinect is one of the factors for me not buying Xbox one. Can't please everyone i guess.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#10kidwgmPosted 10/15/2013 9:25:23 AM
gray_fox_00 posted...
You know Sony does a trophy system right?

I'm just not sure why this is a deciding factor. Then again I don't get achievements or trophies in general, so what do I know really?

I'm not huge into achievements but do enjoy going for some in certain games. But trophy system is just terrible. I'm not sure why either. Just seems boring and meh.
---
GT: Kid Whimsical 3DS FC: 4811-7436-8881
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii and Wii U.)