I am ashamed to admit this but a major reason I am buying the Xbox One is...

#21Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/15/2013 9:16:12 AM
vivalabuck92 posted...
Troll_Directory posted...
vivalabuck92 posted...
Dev0311 posted...
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
Trophies >>>>> Achievements.

An arbitrary number is never better than a pseudo-tangible trophy.

Both are worthless

I have what people call a high Gamerscore and I approve this message.
nope, gamerscore earns money now.

Do they? I know they give rebate on purchases for high GS but there is actual profit now?
several things earn credit now with new rewards program. even gamerscore. it all adds up.
#22Reflex-ArcPosted 10/15/2013 9:18:06 AM
No need to be ashamed. It's just as valid a reason as any other despite what the peanut gallery may think.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#23adonfrazPosted 10/15/2013 9:20:27 AM
Well I'm sorta of in the same boat. I've been an Xbox gamer from the beginning and my gamerscore displays all the games I've played over the course of this gen. If I switched to the PS4 next gen, my online identity would be wiped clean.
---
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst
PSN ID: Loyal_Catalyst 3DS FC: (Loyal) 0533-4535-6191
#24ACx7Posted 10/15/2013 10:33:43 AM
Dont listen to the haters. Play what you want to play for your own reasons.
#25RybalPosted 10/15/2013 11:04:25 AM
ejay8320 posted...
As for trophies being worthless, wasn't there some sort of auction for goodies using ones trophies(you don't lose em) as the way to buy some goodies?

Yeah - there was an auction a couple months ago. Everything was going for crazy amounts, though.
---
Brand loyalty is most evident in Apple acolytes - the Applytes - that most rabid of fan bases who will buy a brand new device with every minor upgrade
#26ILikesCheesePosted 10/17/2013 11:46:21 AM
I still say its all about the AVATARS!

(I'm serious.)

:)
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#27Sniper_BrosefPosted 10/17/2013 11:55:17 AM
gray_fox_00 posted...
You know Sony does a trophy system right?

I'm just not sure why this is a deciding factor. Then again I don't get achievements or trophies in general, so what do I know really?

What is there not to get about achievements?
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#28triple sPosted 10/17/2013 11:59:18 AM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Oh boy more MS brainwashing, love it.

There is literally no difference between Achievements and Trophies in terms of what you described as reasons for Achievements being better.

Oh gosh, someone who doesn't know how to use the term "literally" in the right way again....
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#29HowatizerPosted 10/17/2013 3:12:33 PM
I am going to end up with all 3 next gen systems (if you can count Wii U as one), bought the Wii U... the only indecision I had was whether I was buying a PS 4 or X1 first.

The rabid nature of the Sony fanboys on this board have secured my first purchase being an X1 over the PS 4. They are just so pathetically relentless they have managed to succeed in giving me a general distaste for Sony altogether.

Fanboys and Console Wars are the cancer of gaming I swear.
---
If you hack/mod/exploit/dupe in online games or are in support such things, you are the literal scum of gaming. Only a moron would argue otherwise.
#30Satchmo25Posted 10/17/2013 3:19:55 PM
interesting, so achievements and trophies are basically the same thing except that gamerscore actually net you rebates, actual money, meaning achievements are inherently and categorically superior to trophies.
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.