I am ashamed to admit this but a major reason I am buying the Xbox One is...

#51khardbored(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 7:57:42 AM
It's really odd why people can make such in-depth assumptions about a person who likes achievements. I really don't understand it, at all.

And @deadmarv, you never insulted me, us. You simply said you didn't understand the mentality, which is perfectly fine. But being called "simple minded" because I enjoy achievements is just plain wrong.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#52LythirisPosted 10/22/2013 1:14:45 PM
In general, I am getting that GameFAQs hates achievements/trophies.
---
"I figured maybe a bullet in the back. Or a knife in the back. Maybe hit by a train."
"In the back?" "In the back, yeah."
#53singhellotakuPosted 10/22/2013 3:44:14 PM
gray_fox_00 posted...
You know Sony does a trophy system right?

I'm just not sure why this is a deciding factor. Then again I don't get achievements or trophies in general, so what do I know really?

trophy system never grabbed me like achievements though, don't know why
#54KanokarePosted 10/22/2013 3:55:53 PM
Don't let people bum you out on what you love TC.
---
XBL / PSN / VITA / Steam ID - Kanokare
http://www.youtube.com/user/SOTDgaming/videos
#55Shad0wCKPosted 10/23/2013 1:28:17 AM
khardbored posted...
I only game on the PS3 right now. I sold my 360 and games at GS August 28th for nearly 500 in store credit. No joke. I wanted to play all the PS3 exclusives I kept hearing about and I was NOT disappointed. Every exclusive I played, I loved. But the trophy system just doesn't do it for me. It seems like an afterthought, thrown in, no love. I realize it was added later in the PS3s cycle but meh, just doesn't do it for me.

And it's ONE of the deciding factors.

Unfortunately, every exclusive I have played on the PS3 was a huge disappointment. Every single one of them.

That's why I play the Xbox. Which don't disappoint.

Plus Trophy system is a dubbed down Achievement system.
---
It's true what they say, the grass is always greener, and you don't really know what it is you have, until it's gone...gone. Gone.
#56CapwnDPosted 10/23/2013 1:35:44 AM
Fordana posted...
people saying gamerscore is worthless are jealous of high gamerscores.

fact.

It's not even that.

They are just pissy ignorant trolls who would say that.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#57scoobydoobydontPosted 10/23/2013 3:00:16 AM
singhellotaku posted...
gray_fox_00 posted...
You know Sony does a trophy system right?

I'm just not sure why this is a deciding factor. Then again I don't get achievements or trophies in general, so what do I know really?

trophy system never grabbed me like achievements though, don't know why

---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#58_Elite_Bushido_Posted 10/23/2013 6:16:05 AM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Oh boy more MS brainwashing, love it.

There is literally no difference between Achievements and Trophies in terms of what you described as reasons for Achievements being better.

Besides it taking like 10 min just to load up one games trophies...
---
$ony Ponie$ and trolls- http://tinyurl.com/lalpn7d
FC: 0834-1795-7959
#59touyamizrahiPosted 10/23/2013 6:25:27 AM
Fordana posted...
people saying gamerscore is worthless are jealous of high gamerscores.

fact.

yeah....i'm jealous i didn't spend 150 hours on each game to get a 1000 score or platinum trophy....

Trophies and achievements are like the achievements in WoW. All it shows is how much time you're willing to waste on each game. I'm happy to play through the storyline and do the sidequests. So i didn't run to literally every single corner of every single map, there was no point to as i could see from the distance that there was nothing there...or that i didn't fight the final boss 100 times to get beat him in under 3 minutes on that 100th try. I play games for storyline.
This is obviously my opinion, but I don't need achievements or trophies to feel a sense of accomplishment, I have a house, car, job, etc that does that for me :P.
---
I try to raise the bar in quality posts on GF, but even I have my off days.
PSN: KatouKimiko
#60Ryan-06Posted 10/23/2013 6:38:54 AM
WestSdeNleVrus posted...
You should be ashamed....and shouldn't admit it....I'm not one for telling people they need to hide...but stay in the closet....

Concur.
---
http://i.imgur.com/40W5r.jpg -wisdom
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada.