Xbox Live 48% More Popular Than PlayStation Network in the USA

#221CapwnDPosted 10/19/2013 3:30:04 PM
hak145 posted...
capwned why dont you actually respond to whats hes saying about first party dedicated support instead of continuously bringing it back to what he said about only 3 games on xbox 360 have dedicated support? this is not how a debate works. You shouldn't be so obsessive about how someone else is wrong on a point that isn't even relevant to the topic . Not too mention this thread clearly started out with respect to what microsoft and sony are offering or were offering. Third party shouldn't really be part of the discussion since those companies are offering there own servers because they want to. You are indeed playing the semantics game, which is just sapping your side of the argument of any strength it has. Fried lemon has been winning.

The topic was about why people prefer to play online on the Xbox 360. It then turned to dedicated servers offered to all developers on Xbox One. None of that has anything to do with first party vs 3rd party . The fact is, MS is offering that for free to third party developers and first party developers, even Indie developers.

Friedlemon said this:

FriedLemon posted...
Blizz87 posted...
Anyone that thinks PSN on ps4 will be better than XBL is kidding themselves. XBL on X1 has dedicated servers while Sony hasn't said anything about it on ps4. XBL has more features as well.

Fun fact, almost all PS3 first party games had dedicated servers while only around 3 games on the 360 had dedicated servers.

Quite hilarious MS is making such a big deal out of dedicated servers when Sony has been doing it all along, and for free.

I said this:

Well no, that's pretty much entirely wrong.

Both consoles had about the same number of dedicated servers. Almost all PS3 first party early games had dedicated servers, and hardly any after that. Of course Sony fanboys don't know that, they just think that most or all Sony First Party games have dedicated servers. that's just not true at all.

Many EA games that were never on PS3 had dedicated servers on the Xbox 360, and of course he Xbox 360 and PS3 shared many EA dedicated server multiplat titles.

Do math and look at facts, or just be wrong and post the same wrong crap Sony Ponies have been posting for years. It's your choice.

He said this:

Lol, to put it simply, no you're wrong and you're pulling rubbish outta your ass saying both consoles had about the same number of games that had dedicated servers.

Warhawk, Socom, and Killzone 2 and 3 all had dedicated servers. Name 4 MS first party games on 360 that had dedicated servers.

"Many" EA games that were never on PS3 had dedicated servers on 360? Name them.

Gotta love that ignorance.

Edit: Oh yes, I also left out Resistance 1 & 2 and MAG. Same number of games that had dedicated servers...rofl.

Now stop right here. Because this is where the argument is done. He claimed that I was wrong, and he then tried to change it to 1st party only. He clearly didn't know about any of the EA games on the 360 and challenged me to name them. And I did. He has shown right here that he was not talking about 1st party only.

So I proceeded to list 90 games with dedicated servers on the 360. (actually listed 30 IIRC, and we estimated that another 60 were multiplat games on both PS3 and 360)

It's clear as day that he had no idea that there were more than "3" games on the xbox 360 with dedicated servers.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#222chrish909Posted 10/19/2013 6:27:15 PM
The sony fanboy desperation is deep in this topic.
---
Playstation 4. Home of Killzone Shadow FaIl.lol
#223Advent_SignPosted 10/19/2013 6:38:53 PM
Gingarito posted...
Xbox Live >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PSN

thats why

I have to agree that Xbox Live is better...but then again Microsoft is a computer company so they have had experience in dealing with networking. I imagine Sony will have to play catch up a bit more to be on the same grounds.as Microsoft. The Wii U I think is too far behind to play the catch up game...sticking with local coop would work well for Nintendo as long as the other big companies don't try going for local coop games as well.

But yeah:

Xbox Live>PSN>Nintendo network thing.
#224FriedLemonPosted 10/19/2013 6:45:38 PM(edited)
CapwnD posted...
The topic was about why people prefer to play online on the Xbox 360.

The topic was about why it's hilarious that MS is making a big deal out of dedicated servers when Sony has been doing it all along, and for free. That has everything to do with first party dedicated servers because 3rd party servers have nothing to do with Sony or MS.

FriedLemon posted...
Again quoting out of context. Some people just can't be taught. If you're gonna quote, quote the entire thing.

FriedLemon posted...
Lol, to put it simply, no you're wrong and you're pulling rubbish outta your ass saying both consoles had about the same number of games that had dedicated servers.

Warhawk, Socom, and Killzone 2 and 3 all had dedicated servers. Name 4 MS first party games on 360 that had dedicated servers.

"Many" EA games that were never on PS3 had dedicated servers on 360? Name them.

Gotta love that ignorance.

Edit: Oh yes, I also left out Resistance 1 & 2 and MAG. Same number of games that had dedicated servers...rofl.

Notice how I only listed PS3 first party games with dedicated servers. I was consistently referencing first party games. Also notice that I told you specifically to Name 4 MS first party games on 360 that had dedicated servers.

Also notice (and I know context is a hard concept for you so pay attention) the followup post from you.

CapwnD posted...
What's with First Party?(Right here, you either missed the point or this is your first attempt to try to take things out of context) You said there were only 3 on the Xbox 360, and you're wrong.

Battlefield 2 (along with all the other battlefield games including BC, BC2, 1943, and Battlefield 3 but those other Battlefield games were also on PS3, so they cancel out), Chromehounds, Frontlines Fuel of War, L4D, L4D2, all those EA games from 2005 to 2006 and 2007 that never came to PS3 such as FIFA 06 and 07, Madden 06 Need for Speed: Most Wanted, LOTR Battle for Middle Earth 2 and Rise of the Witch, NBA 2006, NBA2007, FIFA World Cup 2006, Tiger Woods 2006, NHL07, NCAA March Maddness 07.

That's more then 3. Now do math, compare all those EA games to your handful of Sony first party games that had dedicated servers when Sony still was focusing on dedicated servers at launch (and later seemed to favor peer to peer). It's about the same number, maybe more on Xbox 360.

Amazing how you can continue to try to take things out of context after being proven you're wrong.

Also you're clearly ignorant to ask "why is first party games relevant" when I've answered it like 10 times already.

Now stop right here. Because this is where the argument was done. He clearly missed the point, and then tried to quote me out of context. He clearly missed the part where it specifically told him to name 4 MS first party games first, missed the context where only first party Sony games were referenced, asked "What's with the first party?", his continued refusal to answer the question, and going on a rant about how it's only about all server support even though 3rd party servers have nothing to do with Sony or MS. He was shown right here that he has no concept of what context is.

So I proceeded to teach him what context is (actually I tried to teach him what context means, and we both know that even though it has been pointed out to him so many times he's clearly in denial)
#225chrish909Posted 10/19/2013 6:47:30 PM
Friedlemon, are you ok? I just read the entire topic and you are incredibly desperate and delusional. You got owned ridiculously bad. Do you like embarrassing yourself? Is this some sort of fetish?
---
#226FriedLemonPosted 10/19/2013 6:54:43 PM(edited)
CapwnD posted...
omg dude. You were completely wrong, got shown, you used an alt to try to agree with yourself, got called out on it, and you keep posting the same block of nothing over and over.

Are you ok? Did I break something in your brain?

Again with your tin foil hat rhetoric about alts? Just like how you're calling everyone saying negative things about MS a Sony fanboy? Ok I haven't addressed this pathetic attempt at an argument so far because I don't usually respond to moronic rhetoric but looks like I'm going to have to teach you something about fallacies again.

Lets pretend for a moment that I am a Sony fanboy and I used an alt to agree with myself. So what? What does that have to do with the argument at hand? What does that have to do with my original statement and your continued attempts to take things out of context? Pay attention here because I'm educating you. You're using the straw man fallacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

You know I'm sorry but it's quite pathetic how all your attempts at arguments are based on fallacies.

omg dude. You were completely wrong, got shown, and you have nothing left but try to accuse me of using an alt to agree with myself, and you keep denying facts and evidence when it has been repeated to you over and over.

Are you ok? Is your brain that dense?

Edit: Oh what is that annoying sound? sounds like a pathetic little troll trying to get my attention, hold on let me get my troll swatter, ignored, have a nice day :)
#227CapwnDPosted 10/19/2013 7:00:36 PM
It would have been funny if you would have used your alt to say that.

The fact that you had to use an alt shows that the only person who didn't see how bad you failed was you.
---
#228FriedLemonPosted 10/19/2013 7:42:00 PM(edited)
CapwnD posted...

The fact that you had to use an alt shows that the only person who didn't see how bad you failed was you.

It would have been funny if you were actually educated because you're in denial again.

The fact that you deny you're using the straw man fallacy when it has been clearly demonstrated for you, just like quoting out of context, shows how bad you have failed.

FriedLemon posted...
Again with your tin foil hat rhetoric about alts? Just like how you're calling everyone saying negative things about MS a Sony fanboy? Ok I haven't addressed this pathetic attempt at an argument so far because I don't usually respond to moronic rhetoric but looks like I'm going to have to teach you something about fallacies again.

Lets pretend for a moment that I am a Sony fanboy and I used an alt to agree with myself. So what? What does that have to do with the argument at hand? What does that have to do with my original statement and your continued attempts to take things out of context? Pay attention here because I'm educating you. You're using the straw man fallacy.

You know I'm sorry but it's quite pathetic how all your attempts at arguments are based on fallacies.

Keep it coming, that hole is getting mighty deep there <3

Edit: Come to think of it, aren't you using a combination of quoting out of context and straw man? You quote me out of context, then go on to fixate on 3rd party support when the original statement was clearly centered around first party support. Lmao this is just sad.
#229chrish909Posted 10/19/2013 7:39:23 PM
FriedLemon posted...
CapwnD posted...

It would have been funny if you were actually educated because you're in denial again.

The fact that you deny you're using the straw man fallacy when it has been clearly demonstrated for you, just like quoting out of context, shows how bad you have failed.

FriedLemon posted...

Keep it coming, that hole is getting mighty deep there <3

Just stop posting, you are making a fool of yourself.
---
#230CapwnDPosted 10/19/2013 7:46:58 PM
You should really learn what those words mean before using them FriedLemon.
---