Xbox Live 48% More Popular Than PlayStation Network in the USA

#231FriedLemonPosted 10/19/2013 6:53:34 PM(edited)
CapwnD posted...
You should really learn what those words mean before using them FriedLemon.

You should really educate yourself and stop using fallacies.

FriedLemon posted...
CapwnD posted...
omg dude. You were completely wrong, got shown, you used an alt to try to agree with yourself, got called out on it, and you keep posting the same block of nothing over and over.

Are you ok? Did I break something in your brain?

Again with your tin foil hat rhetoric about alts? Just like how you're calling everyone saying negative things about MS a Sony fanboy? Ok I haven't addressed this pathetic attempt at an argument so far because I don't usually respond to moronic rhetoric but looks like I'm going to have to teach you something about fallacies again.

Lets pretend for a moment that I am a Sony fanboy and I used an alt to agree with myself. So what? What does that have to do with the argument at hand? What does that have to do with my original statement and your continued attempts to take things out of context? Pay attention here because I'm educating you. You're using the straw man fallacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

You know I'm sorry but it's quite pathetic how all your attempts at arguments are based on fallacies.

omg dude. You were completely wrong, got shown, and you have nothing left but try to accuse me of using an alt to agree with myself, and you keep denying facts and evidence when it has been repeated to you over and over.

Are you ok? Is your brain that dense?

The fact that you can continue to be in denial in the face of facts and evidence is somehow beautiful, yet sad at the same time.

....Nope I was wrong, it's just plain sad.
#232CapwnDPosted 10/19/2013 7:23:26 PM
Did you just learn those words? Because you're using them wrong.

You said "hey der is only 3 games on Xbox with dedicated servers" and you were off by 87. That is what happened.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#233FriedLemonPosted 10/19/2013 7:48:59 PM(edited)
CapwnD posted...
Did you just learn those words? Because you're using them wrong.

You said "hey der is only 3 games on Xbox with dedicated servers" and you were off by 87. That is what happened.

Do you not know how to read? Because what you did are textbook examples of straw man.

You said "hey first party xbox games dun matter" and you completely missed the point and tried to quote me out of context. That is what happened.

FriedLemon posted...
Again with your tin foil hat rhetoric about alts? Just like how you're calling everyone saying negative things about MS a Sony fanboy? Ok I haven't addressed this pathetic attempt at an argument so far because I don't usually respond to moronic rhetoric but looks like I'm going to have to teach you something about fallacies again.

Lets pretend for a moment that I am a Sony fanboy and I used an alt to agree with myself. So what? What does that have to do with the argument at hand? What does that have to do with my original statement and your continued attempts to take things out of context? Pay attention here because I'm educating you. You're using the straw man fallacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

You know I'm sorry but it's quite pathetic how all your attempts at arguments are based on fallacies.

Inventing a fictitious persona with actions or beliefs which are then criticized, implying that the person represents a group of whom the speaker is critical.
#234FriedLemonPosted 10/19/2013 7:56:01 PM(edited)
FriedLemon posted...
Nope, try again, that was my original statement. Apparently, making connections between 2 sentences is too hard for you.

FriedLemon posted...
Fun fact, almost all PS3 first party games had dedicated servers while only around 3 games on the 360 had dedicated servers.

Quite hilarious MS is making such a big deal out of dedicated servers when Sony has been doing it all along, and for free.

I did ask you to name the EA games which had dedicated server support, what you conveniently left out was I asked you to Name 4 MS first party games on 360 that had dedicated servers. first.

All you are doing is taking things out of context. Quite sad how you have to resort to this kind of fallacy to initiate an argument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_quoting_out_of_context

Go educate yourself.

So you can either admit you missed the point, or admit you're deliberately taking things out of context.

But we both know you'll be in denial and post the usual "nu uh, i am right and u are wrong" crap.

Edit: The fact that you still think "like being 1st party or 3rd party makes a difference" when I've pointed out so many times that it does when you're discussing Sony and MS pretty much proves how ignorant you are and that you just see what you want to see. How many times have I told you already? 3rd party dedicated server support has nothing to do with Sony or MS.

So there's 0 first party games on the 360 with dedicated server support? Then it's quite hilarious MS is making such a big deal out of dedicated servers when Sony has been doing it all along, and for free.

You see how that works? You see how your rubbish about 3rd party servers have nothing to do with that original statement?

Come to think of it, you did it again here.

You then told me to prove this, which I did. And you shove your fingers in your ears and say "LA LA LA LA LA NO I ASK YOU THIS WHAT 1st PARTY GAMES LA LA LA" like being 1st party or 3rd party makes a difference.

Conveniently left out the part where I told you to Name 4 MS first party games on 360 that had dedicated servers. first didn't you? It's clear now all you're doing is taking things out of context, then initiating a poor excuse of an argument based on a fallacy.

Person 1 has position X.

Person 2 disregards certain key points of X and instead presents the superficially similar position Y.
The position Y is a distorted version of X and can be set up in several ways, including:

Quoting an opponent's words out of context—i.e., choosing quotations that misrepresent the opponent's actual intentions

You've just been completely destroyed, demolished, wrecked, shattered, *insert synonym here*

Thank you, come again.
#235CapwnDPosted 10/19/2013 8:29:05 PM
Person 1: Is wrong
Person 2: Corrects person 1
Person 1: Pretends that he's not wrong, and then tries to make it about something it's not.
Person 2: Laughs
Person 1: Uses alt to pretend to be person 3
Person 2: Now ROFL
Person 1: Looses it
Person 2: Getting bored
---
#2361_DerPosted 10/19/2013 8:50:24 PM
lol the obvious difference of psn allowing u too play your games online for free & xbox live not is y the paid service of xbox is "more popular".

wow...
---
Master Gamer.
#237FriedLemonPosted 10/19/2013 10:46:37 PM(edited)
CapwnD posted...
Person 1: Pretends that he's not wrong, and then tries to make it about something it's not.
Person 1: Uses alt to pretend to be person 3
Person 1: Looses it
Person 2: Getting bored

Person 1: In a pathetic straw man attempt accuses person 2 of using an alt because he's getting completely wrecked
Person 1: "Looses" It
Person 2: Loving Person 1 showing everyone how ignorant he is

That denial in the face of facts and evidence. I'm lovin it!

You've just been completely destroyed, demolished, wrecked, shattered, *insert synonym here*

Thank you, come again.
#238CapwnDPosted 10/19/2013 11:02:00 PM
I'm starting to be embarrassed for you.

It's OK that you were wrong, you don't have to freak out about it.
---
#239FriedLemonPosted 10/19/2013 11:09:34 PM(edited)
I'm starting to be embarrassed for you.

It's OK that you were wrong, you don't have to freak out about it and go into denial in the face of facts and evidence.

FriedLemon posted...
FriedLemon posted...
Nope, try again, that was my original statement. Apparently, making connections between 2 sentences is too hard for you.

FriedLemon posted...
Fun fact, almost all PS3 first party games had dedicated servers while only around 3 games on the 360 had dedicated servers.

Quite hilarious MS is making such a big deal out of dedicated servers when Sony has been doing it all along, and for free.

I did ask you to name the EA games which had dedicated server support, what you conveniently left out was I asked you to Name 4 MS first party games on 360 that had dedicated servers. first.

All you are doing is taking things out of context. Quite sad how you have to resort to this kind of fallacy to initiate an argument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_quoting_out_of_context

Go educate yourself.

So you can either admit you missed the point, or admit you're deliberately taking things out of context.

But we both know you'll be in denial and post the usual "nu uh, i am right and u are wrong" crap.

Edit: The fact that you still think "like being 1st party or 3rd party makes a difference" when I've pointed out so many times that it does when you're discussing Sony and MS pretty much proves how ignorant you are and that you just see what you want to see. How many times have I told you already? 3rd party dedicated server support has nothing to do with Sony or MS.

So there's 0 first party games on the 360 with dedicated server support? Then it's quite hilarious MS is making such a big deal out of dedicated servers when Sony has been doing it all along, and for free.

You see how that works? You see how your rubbish about 3rd party servers have nothing to do with that original statement?

Come to think of it, you did it again here.

You then told me to prove this, which I did. And you shove your fingers in your ears and say "LA LA LA LA LA NO I ASK YOU THIS WHAT 1st PARTY GAMES LA LA LA" like being 1st party or 3rd party makes a difference.

Conveniently left out the part where I told you to Name 4 MS first party games on 360 that had dedicated servers. first didn't you? It's clear now all you're doing is taking things out of context, then initiating a poor excuse of an argument based on a fallacy.

Do you not know how to read? Because what you did are textbook examples of straw man.

You said "hey first party xbox games dun matter" and you completely missed the point and tried to quote me out of context. That is what happened.

Person 1 has position X.

Person 2 disregards certain key points of X and instead presents the superficially similar position Y.
The position Y is a distorted version of X and can be set up in several ways, including:

Quoting an opponent's words out of context—i.e., choosing quotations that misrepresent the opponent's actual intentions

Thank you, come again.
#240touyamizrahiPosted 10/24/2013 8:52:55 AM
You all do of course realize that MS and XBL are American made/owned products (not counting that like all systems are produced in China :P), so going by most people's need to "support local brands" then Americans will generally pick Xbox over PS.

The reverse to this is true as well. In Japan, PSN and Playstation itself are probably like 80%+ more popular than Ms and XBL, because Japanese people support Japanese products as well.

What should truly matter however, is which network (XBL or PSN) is more popular worldwide, counting every region. Find me those numbers if you want to impress me about what's more popular. Otherwise, this really is blatant trolling for stating an obvious fact in an obvious region to try and get people to argue about what's more popular. World stats are all that matters for popularity.
---
I try to raise the bar in quality posts on GF, but even I have my off days.
PSN: KatouKimiko