Why can't people just choose the console they like? Console wars are just stupid

#1Aadrian1234Posted 10/15/2013 9:45:47 AM
I can't believe how much fanboyism i am seeing all over GameFAQ's. I don't care if you like your console more, you don't have to announce to the world why one is better than another. These "console wars" just end up with everyone calling each other gay and saying how their system sucks s**t. I don't care. I will do what I want, and you spouting about how good the X-One/ PS4 and calling the people who enjoy the other system names and pretty much harassing them over it. Over a piece of hardware. Really? You can't stand that someone has their own opinion, and have to harass them because you think that yelling names and obscenities will somehow convince them that your opinion is better. I'm out of here, after realizing how restricted both companies are, i'm switching to PC.

/endrant
---
"This...sentence...is...false!"
"Umm... True, I pick true. See? Not hard at all"
#2Mindwipe77Posted 10/15/2013 9:54:23 AM
i hear ya, just silly kids with nothing better to do then defend a console as if the company gave a crap about anything but their wallet lol. Im getting both x1 and ps4 next month, while the kiddies argue about their fake wars i'll be enjoying some good games on both machines.
---
Lightning Returns GOTY 2014
Day 1 buys- Ps4 and Xbox one, ready for next-gen!!
#3gray_fox_00Posted 10/15/2013 9:59:22 AM
Eh, I just learn to ignore anyone that uses terms like console wars, XBot, XBoner, Sony Pony, Nintendroid, etc. in a serious manner. They just really don't have anything worth listening to.

Just get what you want and enjoy. Hell, even if they do pick the "better console" it's not going to affect the enjoyment and fun that anyone else is going to get from their choice.

Most of the games I play are multiplatform, so I tend to get the console all my friends get first (then wait for a price drop to snag the other)
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#4Aadrian1234(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2013 10:01:53 AM
Mindwipe77 posted...
i hear ya, just silly kids with nothing better to do then defend a console as if the company gave a crap about anything but their wallet lol. Im getting both x1 and ps4 next month, while the kiddies argue about their fake wars i'll be enjoying some good games on both machines.

Yeah. Currently, i feel like both consoles are equal to eachother. The only thing setting them apart is the OS, and exclusives. I will be getting whatever my friends will get, which seems like the PS4 at the moment. It could change though, they all like Microsoft too
---
"This...sentence...is...false!"
"Umm... True, I pick true. See? Not hard at all"
#5Nate_DihldorffPosted 10/15/2013 10:07:27 AM
There's more to it than that. It has a lot to do with companies following stupid trends because stupid consumers will buy into it.

See:

Nosgoth

There's a reason why PS fans were happy when the PS Move flopped.
---
Mexican Spanish to Spanish Spanish is like Ebonics to English. It sounds terrible and needs to be eradicated.
#6gray_fox_00Posted 10/15/2013 10:19:44 AM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
There's more to it than that. It has a lot to do with companies following stupid trends because stupid consumers will buy into it.

See:

Nosgoth

There's a reason why PS fans were happy when the PS Move flopped.

Heh, my wife got some Move bundle from the PS House Party contests some company used to put on, and the only thing I really used it on was some mini-golf game. Heavy Rain utilized it well, but not too many other good games for it. The accuracy is there, but it never really moved passed a gimmick stages.

I really wish someone would've attempted a bushido blade style game or some other sword fighting game before it was left for dead.
---
#7PituitarPosted 10/15/2013 10:21:40 AM
Because it is instinctual for humans to seek conflict no matter how stupid the reason.
#8gray_fox_00Posted 10/15/2013 10:25:13 AM
Pituitar posted...
Because it is instinctual for humans to seek conflict no matter how stupid the reason.

You're wrong!
---
#9PituitarPosted 10/15/2013 10:27:08 AM
gray_fox_00 posted...
Pituitar posted...

You're wrong!

well whatever that's just my opinion anyway. throw whatever thought you wish.
#10EllesarienPosted 10/15/2013 10:27:52 AM
TC...It is a great question and I have no idea why people liking a X-1 creates such hate and vitriol....on the X-1 board.

Someone just posted a nice, calm thread about how he was looking forward to the dedicated servers the X-1 will have and was literally insulted and mocked by PS4 fans. Why? Just don't get it.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.