Why can't people just choose the console they like? Console wars are just stupid

#11TwinmoldPosted 10/15/2013 10:32:55 AM
Pituitar posted...
gray_fox_00 posted...
Pituitar posted...
Because it is instinctual for humans to seek conflict no matter how stupid the reason.

You're wrong!

well whatever that's just my opinion anyway. throw whatever thought you wish.

What's it like being the president of Wrongville!? If I say you're wrong, that means I'm right, and my massive insecurities are sated for a moment!
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#12regsantotomasPosted 10/15/2013 10:33:16 AM
I agree with your sentiment. It shouldn't matter what our personal choices are regarding inanimate pieces of plastic for our own entertainment.

Unfortunately, when you combine an open forum with anonymity; these are the type of behavior that results especially when exacerbated by poor moderation.

Instead of positive discussion or even constructive criticism; you get primarily the vitriol that you have outlined and entitled proselytizing.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#13MRL3G3NDPosted 10/15/2013 10:34:21 AM
Apparently there are rabid forth grade fanboys on each side.

I am for gaming period...I don't own any stock in either company...at this point neither has given me a reason to go "next gen", so I will stick with my 3 y/o PC which is more powerful than both combined at this moment smh
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#14Demon_AckerPosted 10/15/2013 10:34:22 AM
It's always like that on Gamefaqs. You'll see people bashing games just because they're not on their "console of choice". It's pretty ridiculous.
#15HorridhalPosted 10/15/2013 10:45:19 AM
I agree with the sentiment TC, however there is one small addition I would like to make.

Not every post that doesn't agree with you or your arguments blindly is fanboyism, trolling, whatever. I have seen many legitimate arguments and points completely ignored or shunted into that bailiwick solely because they disagreed.
---
Analogy of gamefaqs: Islands of logic floating in a sea of idiocy and childishness.
Have a real point please. Don't use personal attacks or emotions.
#16Aadrian1234(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2013 11:32:53 AM
Horridhal posted...
I agree with the sentiment TC, however there is one small addition I would like to make.

Not every post that doesn't agree with you or your arguments blindly is fanboyism, trolling, whatever. I have seen many legitimate arguments and points completely ignored or shunted into that bailiwick solely because they disagreed.

I'm talking about the topics where everyone seems to have the intelligence of a fourth grader. Those are atrocious.
---
"This...sentence...is...false!"
"Umm... True, I pick true. See? Not hard at all"
#17Thewinner14Posted 10/15/2013 11:53:29 AM
Horridhal posted...

It's an epidemic that has pervaded modern societies consciousness as a whole. There's no longer room for legitimate discussion, it's all "you're wrong and I'm right. End of discussion." opposing opinions and points of view are met with "lalalala I'm not listening" instead of respectful discourse. Somehow people's right to having their own opinion has morphed into people's "right" to being right.

The console wars are really just a microcosm of a much bigger problem.
---
6 Bible translations, 1 app: http://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/
#18JohnHalo343Posted 10/15/2013 12:06:44 PM
Console Wars are stupid, I agree. I just find it funny how people treat it like professional wrestling.

"Make a topic proclaiming 'X' is better than 'Y' and will win console war because *insert made-up reasons here*. "

You have an instant 10+ page thread. You don't even need to post to keep it going. Stupid people love drama.
---
Official Voice of the Xbox One Community
#19jrr18Posted 10/15/2013 12:11:58 PM
Twinmold posted...
Pituitar posted...
gray_fox_00 posted...
Pituitar posted...
Because it is instinctual for humans to seek conflict no matter how stupid the reason.

You're wrong!

well whatever that's just my opinion anyway. throw whatever thought you wish.

What's it like being the president of Wrongville!? If I say you're wrong, that means I'm right, and my massive insecurities are sated for a moment!

see conflict for stupid reasons.
---
the world did end in 2012 it's just taking a bit to kick in.
PSN/steam jrr101