Should Microsoft discontinue Kinect ?

#1kyncaniPosted 10/15/2013 2:05:59 PM
Do you want Kinect games ? - Results (89 votes)
I'm getting a Xbox One and I hope Xbox One exclusives will be Kinect games
15.73% (14 votes)
I'm getting a Xbox One and I hope Xbox One exclusives won't be Kinect games
24.72% (22 votes)
I'm not getting a Xbox One and I hope Xbox One exclusives will be Kinect games
17.98% (16 votes)
I'm not getting a Xbox One and I hope Xbox One exclusives won't be Kinect games
41.57% (37 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Should Microsoft discontinue Kinect already ?
#2PolishCockatielPosted 10/15/2013 2:11:13 PM
It depends on the general reception of the consumer demographic in general. I'd like an SKU that does not include kinect. At the same time I don't think it should be discontinued altogether as there is a demographic that is interested in it.

Just because one does not like a piece of hardware does not mean that piece of hardware has no value. My little cousin and her friends always have a ton of fun with the Kinect afterall.
#3regsantotomasPosted 10/15/2013 2:13:22 PM
None of the above.

I am getting an Xbox One and I hope that Kinect is integrated where it makes sense whether it is the primary control, a supplement, or not at all depending on each game.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#4Killah PriestPosted 10/15/2013 2:17:49 PM
I'm ok with kinect.

I'm not OK with having kinect shoved down my throat.

If it was as successful as they claimed they shouldn't need to shove it down peoples throats.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#5kyncani(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2013 2:21:48 PM
PolishCockatiel posted...
It depends on the general reception of the consumer demographic in general. I'd like an SKU that does not include kinect. At the same time I don't think it should be discontinued altogether as there is a demographic that is interested in it.

Just because one does not like a piece of hardware does not mean that piece of hardware has no value. My little cousin and her friends always have a ton of fun with the Kinect afterall.

Yeah, so they should release just the Xbox One and eventually sell Kinect separately.
That's what they should have done from the beginning but the sooner the better I guess :)
It certainly would have prevented a lot of hate : no more television focus, no more privacy issues, no more mandatory online, no more advertisements all over the place, no more paying more for a lesser console, ...
#6MetroidFan9999Posted 10/15/2013 2:22:42 PM
OF COURSE!

Holy cow the main thing they are using it for is advertisements, it's a joke. Be done with it and forget about the motion control fad, it's over.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#7straymatterPosted 10/15/2013 3:27:04 PM
All they have to do is sell the Xboxes for $399, Kinect included at no addition, people would love it, everyone would be talking about how great it is and they would say what a great deal!
#80TiamaT0Posted 10/15/2013 3:46:33 PM
I had no interest in getting a PS4 until Microsoft insisted on pushing the stupid Kinect on us. I'm not going to buy a system that calls Kinect games "exclusive" in the face of games like Last of Us...
---
Myths, Lies and complete stupidity barely scratch the surface of your ignorance.
#9nietorpPosted 10/15/2013 3:49:42 PM
straymatter posted...
All they have to do is sell the Xboxes for $399, Kinect included at no addition, people would love it, everyone would be talking about how great it is and they would say what a great deal!

Wrong, for some it might be the price but for many it's also the issue of having a camera in your home that can be potentially used to spy on you. Hell, they're even saying they would like to collect data on you, I mean how obvious can you get.

That said, Kinect 1.0 pretty much proved that it isn't suited for gaming outside of dance and fitness stuff. I wouldn't want it to be discontinued though, just that it's more suited for other fields such as robotics and *gasp* surveillance.
#10userfrigginamePosted 10/15/2013 3:53:52 PM
You're asking two different questions.