Forza 5 looks...bad?

#81MetroidFan9999Posted 10/16/2013 8:03:05 AM
Satchmo25 posted...
HemorrhoidFan9999 is getting mad

Someone is so butthurt they made a word play with the first thing they could think of!

How cute =D
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#82Pixx0Posted 10/16/2013 8:31:24 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
TheKing012 posted...
http://i.imgur.com/v8XBGcO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2qtJtsZ.jpg

Lots of 2D and low res textures.

2D I can understand, sacrificed for framerate.
But whats with the textures? Textures have a minimal impact on framerate.

and no anti-aliasing? I thought next-gen games were supposed to correct this gen's problems...screen tearing, low fps, aliasing...

looks amateurish...
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#83blitz_0623Posted 10/16/2013 8:38:57 AM(edited)
Exodus_Prime posted...
www.geek.com/games/red-line-ps4-overheats-at-sony-event-1573962/

Pathetic. What does this have to do with Forza? It doesn't matter if the topic is a troll topic, try harder and look for bad screens of Drive Club or something.

Oh yeah, you better change your sig cause you're not fooling anyone if you're claiming you're impartial between the 2 just because you're getting both.
---
The purpose of this signature is to allow me to post in ALL CAPS
#84El_ZaggyPosted 10/16/2013 8:49:39 AM
blitz_0623 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
www.geek.com/games/red-line-ps4-overheats-at-sony-event-1573962/

Pathetic. What does this have to do with Forza? It doesn't matter if the topic is a troll topic, try harder and look for bad screens of Drive Club or something.

Oh yeah, you better change your sig cause you're not fooling anyone if you're claiming you're impartial between the 2 just because you're getting both.

And also it was made up, its not even true, it was confirmed fake by several reliable sources.
#85SoulTrapperPosted 10/16/2013 8:49:45 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
It's understandable for a launch title, stop getting so upset over small details.

Launch titles never utilize the full potential of the new console, true. But many for the most part at least show a substantial jump in quality from the previous level of quality of games on the former system.

Super Mario Brothers -> Super Mario World -> Mario 64
Project Gotham Racing 2 -> Project Gotham Racing 3
Dead Rising 2 -> Dead Rising 3 (If what I remember from E3 is accurate, if that was not a PC demo, and if the game can produce those visuals on the Xbox One.)

Others on this forum are throwing up arguments that have nothing to do with the topic because there isn't much of a defense to be made on the issue without looking incompetent. This isn't about PS4 vs Xbox One, this isn't about Killzone or exclusives. This is about a specific game.

And that game, Forza 5, simply does not look like a next generation title to me.

/

That's true: the improvement in Forza5 compared to Forza 4 is minimal.

It is indeed funny o see how hard they try and deflect this obviously legitimate criticism by posting stuff about the PS4, which is completely unrelated and shows that this is actually something that strikes a nerve.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#86SinisterSlayPosted 10/16/2013 8:54:37 AM
Pixx0 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
TheKing012 posted...
http://i.imgur.com/v8XBGcO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2qtJtsZ.jpg

Lots of 2D and low res textures.

2D I can understand, sacrificed for framerate.
But whats with the textures? Textures have a minimal impact on framerate.

and no anti-aliasing? I thought next-gen games were supposed to correct this gen's problems...screen tearing, low fps, aliasing...

looks amateurish...

You wouldn't notice the aliasing on a TV at 1080, no need for anti aliasing.
We just see it because we are all sitting 2 feet away from our screens.
screen tearing, entirely possible because vsync adds input lag, and in a racer that is very noticeable. But I'd rather screen tearing than 120ms input delay.

This game looks like all the rendering power is going to the cars.
Nothing wrong with that, except that we spend more time looking at the track.

Like I said, there is no excuse for that texture quality. The console has plenty of memory for textures.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#87assassin10133Posted 10/16/2013 9:30:03 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
It's understandable for a launch title, stop getting so upset over small details.

Launch titles never utilize the full potential of the new console, true. But many for the most part at least show a substantial jump in quality from the previous level of quality of games on the former system.

Dead Rising 2 -> Dead Rising 3 (If what I remember from E3 is accurate, if that was not a PC demo, and if the game can produce those visuals on the Xbox One.)

Others on this forum are throwing up arguments that have nothing to do with the topic because there isn't much of a defense to be made on the issue without looking incompetent. This isn't about PS4 vs Xbox One, this isn't about Killzone or exclusives. This is about a specific game.

And that game, Forza 5, simply does not look like a next generation title to me.

/

It is indeed funny o see how hard they try and deflect this obviously legitimate criticism by posting stuff about the PS4, which is completely unrelated and shows that this is actually something that strikes a nerve.

I haven't seen the game in person, not sure how many here have so I'm not going to try to say it looks way better than last gen or not. Online videos never do games justice, I've seen vidoes that look great, ones that don't, people who've played it saying it looks phenomenal and vice versa. Most of the journalistic articles I've read say it looks really good but I'll have to wait until I get it launch day to see for myself before passing final judgement. The only thing most seem to agree on is that the cars themselves look fantastic.
#88chrish909Posted 10/16/2013 9:40:31 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

/

Why do you still come here?

Forza 5 is the best looking next gen game, get over it. You can nitpick the graphics but its still better than any trash you name from ps4 lineup.
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#89Pixx0Posted 10/16/2013 10:00:41 AM
SinisterSlay posted...

You wouldn't notice the aliasing on a TV at 1080, no need for anti aliasing..

eyes check time then

I play on consoles but on PC too, and all my games do run at 1080P, and I clearly see the difference between anti-aliasing and none applied. Actually, I can tell the difference between 2X and 4X in some games.

Sure playing 10 m away from your TV might help, but well, I'm on a 50' display, 3m away which works fine.

no need for anti-aliasing..heh. With this in mind, how about no 60 fps and no 1080p as a standard for next-gen games...

oh...wait....
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#90SinisterSlayPosted 10/16/2013 10:49:58 AM
Pixx0 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

You wouldn't notice the aliasing on a TV at 1080, no need for anti aliasing..

eyes check time then

I play on consoles but on PC too, and all my games do run at 1080P, and I clearly see the difference between anti-aliasing and none applied. Actually, I can tell the difference between 2X and 4X in some games.

Sure playing 10 m away from your TV might help, but well, I'm on a 50' display, 3m away which works fine.

no need for anti-aliasing..heh. With this in mind, how about no 60 fps and no 1080p as a standard for next-gen games...

oh...wait....

You'd rather a blurry fxaa?

I remember trying to play need for speed underground 1 on the PS2, that was such a blury stuttery mess. It was so much better on PC with all the blurring turned off. Even though my 5200fx could only play it with medium graphics, it was way better than the ps2 version.

I'd take the trade off of less graphics for higher framerate when playing a racing game.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence