Forza 5 looks...bad?

#91Aone1987Posted 10/16/2013 10:55:06 AM
It actually looks kind of bad. How are the mountains so muddy?
#92SonyPonyTonyPosted 10/16/2013 3:14:18 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
It's understandable for a launch title, stop getting so upset over small details.

Launch titles never utilize the full potential of the new console, true. But many for the most part at least show a substantial jump in quality from the previous level of quality of games on the former system.

Super Mario Brothers -> Super Mario World -> Mario 64
Project Gotham Racing 2 -> Project Gotham Racing 3
Dead Rising 2 -> Dead Rising 3 (If what I remember from E3 is accurate, if that was not a PC demo, and if the game can produce those visuals on the Xbox One.)

Others on this forum are throwing up arguments that have nothing to do with the topic because there isn't much of a defense to be made on the issue without looking incompetent. This isn't about PS4 vs Xbox One, this isn't about Killzone or exclusives. This is about a specific game.

And that game, Forza 5, simply does not look like a next generation title to me.

/

That's true: the improvement in Forza5 compared to Forza 4 is minimal.

It is indeed funny o see how hard they try and deflect this obviously legitimate criticism by posting stuff about the PS4, which is completely unrelated and shows that this is actually something that strikes a nerve.

How telling your projections are. You're here all the time trolling the Xbox One, it must really strike a nerve with you then, thats not funny though, it's sad.
#93SoulTrapperPosted 10/17/2013 5:48:24 AM
SonyPonyTony posted...

How telling your projections are. You're here all the time trolling the Xbox One, it must really strike a nerve with you then, thats not funny though, it's sad.

chrish909 posted...

Why do you still come here?

Forza 5 is the best looking next gen game, get over it. You can nitpick the graphics but its still better than any trash you name from ps4 lineup.

Exactly what I mean: instead of trying to prove that the game doesn't look mediocre, people try to derail it with all sorts of other unrelated crap.

Thanks for proving my point, guys.

Now this is an actual good reply and on topic:

assassin10133 posted...

I haven't seen the game in person, not sure how many here have so I'm not going to try to say it looks way better than last gen or not. Online videos never do games justice, I've seen vidoes that look great, ones that don't, people who've played it saying it looks phenomenal and vice versa. Most of the journalistic articles I've read say it looks really good but I'll have to wait until I get it launch day to see for myself before passing final judgement. The only thing most seem to agree on is that the cars themselves look fantastic.

I haven't seen the game in person either, but from the videos and what some none paid people have said, it's really not that impressive.

The cars do seem to look good in some of the preview videos, but in others they don't.
Which makes it hard to tell what is actual in game gameplay footage and what is simply pre-rendered.

Time will tell if it will look as good as some people claim.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#94chrish909Posted 10/17/2013 5:55:56 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
SonyPonyTony posted...

chrish909 posted...

Why do you still come here?

Forza 5 is the best looking next gen game, get over it. You can nitpick the graphics but its still better than any trash you name from ps4 lineup.

Exactly what I mean: instead of trying to prove that the game doesn't look mediocre, people try to derail it with all sorts of other unrelated crap.

Thanks for proving my point, guys.

Now this is an actual good reply and on topic:

assassin10133 posted...

I haven't seen the game in person, not sure how many here have so I'm not going to try to say it looks way better than last gen or not. Online videos never do games justice, I've seen vidoes that look great, ones that don't, people who've played it saying it looks phenomenal and vice versa. Most of the journalistic articles I've read say it looks really good but I'll have to wait until I get it launch day to see for myself before passing final judgement. The only thing most seem to agree on is that the cars themselves look fantastic.

I haven't seen the game in person either, but from the videos and what some none paid people have said, it's really not that impressive.

The cars do seem to look good in some of the preview videos, but in others they don't.
Which makes it hard to tell what is actual in game gameplay footage and what is simply pre-rendered.

Time will tell if it will look as good as some people claim.

So basically you want someone to write in text how the gfx are better. Its a racing games, the cars move fast, the backround is going to be blurrly as the cars move fast.

Time will tell, so how about you hold in your desperate trolling until the game is released.
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#95SoulTrapperPosted 10/17/2013 5:59:42 AM
chrish909 posted...

So basically you want someone to write in text how the gfx are better. Its a racing games, the cars move fast, the backround is going to be blurrly as the cars move fast.

Time will tell, so how about you hold in your desperate trolling until the game is released.

Oh no, I don't expect you to do any of that, since you're not actually here for anything but making his place even worse.

It's pretty obvious that the graphics aren't a big improvement over Forza4.

http://i.imgur.com/BsCZz4x.jpg

Especially when you take into account that one was made for 7 year old hardware and the other for relatively new hardware.
---
#96schmarkenheimerPosted 10/17/2013 6:05:14 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
chrish909 posted...

Oh no, I don't expect you to do any of that, since you're not actually here for anything but making his place even worse.

Especially when you take into account that one was made for 7 year old hardware and the other for relatively new hardware.

There's more aliasing on the bottom one and that's the X1? I know the image quality isn't perfect but waiting years for that?
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#97SoulTrapperPosted 10/17/2013 6:22:58 AM
schmarkenheimer posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
chrish909 posted...

There's more aliasing on the bottom one and that's the X1? I know the image quality isn't perfect but waiting years for that?

Yup, bottom pic is X1.

Now Forza 4 was a pretty good looking game, but the improvement in forza 5 is just not that great, especially not when you consider this is next gen compared to current gen.
---
#98SinisterSlayPosted 10/17/2013 6:53:10 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
schmarkenheimer posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
chrish909 posted...

Yup, bottom pic is X1.

Now Forza 4 was a pretty good looking game, but the improvement in forza 5 is just not that great, especially not when you consider this is next gen compared to current gen.

Wow I thought the top one was, since the road textures were higher resolution.

That's pathetic...
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#99Ch3wyPosted 10/17/2013 7:33:43 AM
They're not low res textures, it's called motion blur.

Way too much aliasing though.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#100SinisterSlayPosted 10/17/2013 7:56:28 AM
Ch3wy posted...
They're not low res textures, it's called motion blur.

Way too much aliasing though.

Oh, that's what the crap is, I turn that off, it's too unrealistic.

I've driven at 130mph, there is no motion blur like that. In fact, you tend to see better since your focusing harder.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence