Just to clarify...

#1xHughJasxPosted 10/15/2013 2:40:44 PM
I know some reports have come out regarding the dedicated servers for Xbox One games. However, I noticed that nothing was ever confirmed that every game would indeed have them. Well it's now been confirmed. This is MASSIVE for anyone who enjoys playing online games with no lag or black screens mid match because the host left. You will still have those moments constantly on the PS4, while you will NEVER have to experience it again on the Xbox One. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

http://n4g.com/news/1374226/penello-confirms-xbox-compute-resources-includes-dedicated-servers-for-all-xbox-one-games
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#2xHughJasx(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2013 5:35:22 PM
Bump just so people know.
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#3Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/15/2013 5:39:35 PM
that and more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti6UwRitOZU
#4SteelToothPosted 10/15/2013 7:41:28 PM
But this is something positive about the X1, there's no fun in b****Ing about good things.
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg
#5AlexanaxelaPosted 10/15/2013 7:56:34 PM
yes no more lag ever thx to dedicated servers!
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.
#6Spetsnaz420Posted 10/16/2013 2:50:11 AM
Lmao....no lag

But seriously...both systems seem to have dedicated servers for the games that benefit most from them
---
I don't conform to social convention
#7xHughJasx(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 7:26:03 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Lmao....no lag

But seriously...both systems seem to have dedicated servers for the games that benefit most from them

That is incorrect. There is also a very large difference between developer hosted servers and dedicated servers. Ps4 will mainly have player hosted and dev hosted servers. Nothing compares to true dedicated servers. Microsoft has over 300,000 sitting in a room waiting to be used. That's just an insane amount. Its gonna be awesome.
---
#8BadLuckIncPosted 10/16/2013 7:29:15 AM
This is why Xbox Live is my preferred online gaming service =)

http://news.xbox.com/~/media/Files/XboxOne_multiplayer_r7t3_ml%20(1).jpg
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~
Xbox 360: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#9RybalPosted 10/16/2013 10:17:29 AM
xHughJasx posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Lmao....no lag

That is incorrect. There is also a very large difference between developer hosted servers and dedicated servers. Ps4 will mainly have player hosted and dev hosted servers. Nothing compares to true dedicated servers. Microsoft has over 300,000 sitting in a room waiting to be used. That's just an insane amount. Its gonna be awesome.

Not to rain on your parade, but those 300,000 servers are NOT just for LIVE. A large portion of them will be used in MS's other Azure offerings.

However, because they will be dynamically assigned, it means that the risk of all of the servers being shut down a few years down the line should be negligible. It also suggests that instances of the servers being overwhelmed should be minimal, because they would theoretically be able to automatically shift resources as necessary.

Regardless of how many they will have, allowing free access to dedicated servers for all developers can only be seen as a good thing, especially if they are dynamically assigned. Hopefully, Penello's statement is true and not PR speak, but for now, I'm cautiously optimistic about this.
---
Brand loyalty is most evident in Apple acolytes - the Applytes - that most rabid of fan bases who will buy a brand new device with every minor upgrade
#10Exodus_PrimePosted 10/16/2013 10:20:22 AM
Sounds awesome finally not just one or two games in an entire generation to have dedi servers.

InBeforePS4willdodedicatedservers10timesbetter.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.