The online console war is not a representation of the real world...

#1Epic_Bear_GuyPosted 10/15/2013 8:20:15 PM
The reason you are seeing positive articles about the Xbox One in the mainstream media is because, unlike gaming sites, they operate in the real world. Sites like NeoGAF and others s*** on the Xbox One all day long but none of that has any effect on actual real world consumer opinion. Hardcore gamers seem to think the entire video game industry revolves around them and time and time again they have been proven wrong. The average console consumer has no idea about all the drama happening online. They are going to base their console purchase on entirely different factors, mainly price and software availability.

Sony has the obvious advantage when it comes to price but suffers somewhat in comparison to the Xbox One's launch titles. Online features heavily both with the next gen and current gen consoles and most people aren't going to want to switch from Xbox Live to PSN or vice versa. I honestly don't see anything that would lure your average 360 gamer to the PS4 other than the price difference. Whether that is enough to help Sony next gen remains to be seen. And I don't see why a PS3 fan would want to switch to Xbox One.

The performance gap between the PS4 and Xbox One has been greatly exaggerated and you can see that in the games themselves too. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised/disappointed when those benchmarks come out and they have to explain why they've been making such wild claims about power gaps for months. You can already see this happening on places like NeoGAF with their moronic claims of games being "gimped" on the PS4 to not look better than the Xbox One versions.
#2TheMeanRockPosted 10/15/2013 8:35:51 PM
You realize this is just another reassurance thread right?

Just wait and see. There is nothing you or anyone else will say here that will change the minds of anyone.
---
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8059/8199250304_01370f5a4e_c.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8337/8207044795_85d12224dd_z.jpg
#3Epic_Bear_Guy(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2013 8:38:15 PM(edited)
TheMeanRock posted...

Just wait and see. There is nothing you or anyone else will say here that will change the minds of anyone.

I don't need to change minds. A large percentage of gamers don't go on message boards and they are getting the xbox one. Regardless of whether you like it or not.
#4LICKWIDPAlNPosted 10/15/2013 8:51:15 PM
TC has not heard the pre ordwr numbers yet
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#5MeaglesVPosted 10/15/2013 9:07:04 PM
A lot of my friends want the Xbox One and haven't even given the PS4 a thought. They don't even bother with specs or anything like that.

They just want the new Xbox and the new games it has. I think a pretty big group of people don't scour for info on these consoles.
#6Combo626Posted 10/15/2013 9:19:51 PM
Same here and a ton of my friends live in Japan. There goes the "People in Asia won't buy it" theory.
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE!
#7SilentS89Posted 10/15/2013 9:34:50 PM
You find uninformed consumers comforting?
#8Millertime660Posted 10/15/2013 9:36:20 PM
TheMeanRock posted...

How did I guess this would be the first post....
#9motoraptorPosted 10/15/2013 9:48:14 PM
LICKWIDPAlN posted...

Average consumer doesn't pre-order, they don't give a f***.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#10JWJW99Posted 10/15/2013 9:52:25 PM
motoraptor posted...
LICKWIDPAlN posted...

Average consumer doesn't pre-order, they don't give a f***.

Sounds like you should work in MS's PR department since they also dont care about the consumer....FOOOOOOOTBALLLLLLLL