The online console war is not a representation of the real world...

#31Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 10/16/2013 2:02:19 PM
this is all just conjecture
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#32Epic_Bear_Guy(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 2:15:45 PM
82xeno posted...
Epic_Bear_Guy posted...
The reason you are seeing positive articles about the Xbox One in the mainstream media is because, unlike gaming sites, they operate in the real world. Sites like NeoGAF and others s*** on the Xbox One all day long but none of that has any effect on actual real world consumer opinion. Hardcore gamers seem to think the entire video game industry revolves around them and time and time again they have been proven wrong. The average console consumer has no idea about all the drama happening online. They are going to base their console purchase on entirely different factors, mainly price and software availability.

Sony has the obvious advantage when it comes to price but suffers somewhat in comparison to the Xbox One's launch titles. Online features heavily both with the next gen and current gen consoles and most people aren't going to want to switch from Xbox Live to PSN or vice versa. I honestly don't see anything that would lure your average 360 gamer to the PS4 other than the price difference. Whether that is enough to help Sony next gen remains to be seen. And I don't see why a PS3 fan would want to switch to Xbox One.

The performance gap between the PS4 and Xbox One has been greatly exaggerated and you can see that in the games themselves too. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised/disappointed when those benchmarks come out and they have to explain why they've been making such wild claims about power gaps for months. You can already see this happening on places like NeoGAF with their moronic claims of games being "gimped" on the PS4 to not look better than the Xbox One versions.

Ummmm.....no.

There is more pro-MS articles because the majority of "pro MS" articles come from US media outlets, which most are "pro MS" by default.

Seriously, you did not see IGN after MS let loose their initial policies? They were giving damage control to the tune of "Well, it won't matter, Sony will just follow suit!"

Sony didn't follow suit, they scrambled for good information from MS, and they just didn't get it....UNTIL MS start reversing their policies and they got those nice pro-MS articles like "Ask MS anything!" filled with marketing hoopla and the works.

Seriously, look at the sites you are reading these articles from....do actual research for once.

So these US media outlets are lying about the xbones enhancements and new capabilities then? I think microsoft would check them on that if they were. That wouldn't be good for business, especially after the controversy from their past policies.

As far as damage control goes, like i said, most of their consumers don't transverse IGN's boards/reviews/comment sections. Most don't go on gamefaqs, or any gaming forum in general.
#33JohnWall32Posted 10/16/2013 2:17:19 PM
i agree..like i said in the same thread on the ps4 board...if what people were saying online was a good indication of a console or games success..bf3 would have outsold cod by a large margin
#34Cowboy082288Posted 10/16/2013 2:21:43 PM
The truth is, both consoles will most likely do well. Will the PS4 ultimately outsell the X1 in 5 years? Maybe, I don't know. The price point will definitely help. We are talking about things like 'the PS4 sales 60 mill units and the X1 sales 52 mill' in 5 years...... neither system fails in that's the scenario.

The steam box is something I think could end up failing bad.... or succeeding in a major way. I'm really not sure what valves vision for all this is yet. The only system I see that looks in danger of actually failing, I mean like the parent company pulling the product off the shelves and shutting down support for it, is the Wii U. That consoles sales numbers are looking real bad, and they seriously got to pick the pace up.

The video game industry as a whole is still a young industry. In emerging industries you usually see a lot of new competitors that don't last. The auto manufacturing industry for example had over 2,000 manufactures in the USA at it's height. Now there is only 3 in US. Also the video game industry is really an off shoot of the Tech industry, which is also a new and very volatile thing. New technologies can completely change the paradigm.

Just my opinion, but the biggest thing I see potentially happening in the gaming industry is this. A controller that wireless syncs to a tablet (iPad), that tablet plugs into your TV, and you use the tablet as a 'console' to play a game on your TV. When you are done playing you unplug the tablet from your TV and go back to using it normally. Games for the 'console' are completely supported threw the app store.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni
#35HENTAIDOJIPosted 10/16/2013 3:07:43 PM
Hah. Obviously.

look at gamefaqs approvals rating of kinect before it became best selling entertainment product of all time (2010).

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/4024

85% said do not want.

polls lie. Traffic shows trends and gamefaqs tells us coddy squaddies are migrating to xbone. Whoever nets them wins the gen.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#36SirLemontPosted 10/16/2013 3:15:07 PM
Somehow, people still think that people who don't post on online forums will buy enough Xbox Ones to push it past PS4 sales.
#37Epic_Bear_Guy(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 3:43:03 PM
SirLemont posted...
Somehow, people still think that people who don't post on online forums will buy enough Xbox Ones to push it past PS4 sales.

Maybe not past but damn near close enough to the sales of the PS4, or enough to say that it was a success.
#38game freakozoidPosted 10/16/2013 3:43:18 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Hah. Obviously.

look at gamefaqs approvals rating of kinect before it became best selling entertainment product of all time (2010).

85% said do not want.

polls lie. Traffic shows trends and gamefaqs tells us coddy squaddies are migrating to xbone. Whoever nets them wins the gen.

Of course this blatantly ignore the fact that while Kinect sold well, it very quickly became unused for most people after Dance Party and collected dust. Its attachment rate was absolutely horrible. Thus now that the uninformed know what it is, and have the experience of the Kinect 1 in their mind, they aren't really likely to get the Kinect 2.0
#39Epic_Bear_Guy(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 3:47:23 PM
game freakozoid posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Hah. Obviously.

85% said do not want.

Of course this blatantly ignore the fact that while Kinect sold well, it very quickly became unused for most people after Dance Party and collected dust. Its attachment rate was absolutely horrible. Thus now that the uninformed know what it is, and have the experience of the Kinect 1 in their mind, they aren't really likely to get the Kinect 2.0

but are likely to get the xbox one that it comes with. All things considered they probably don't even realize that it's 500 bucks because of kinect 2.0.
#40HENTAIDOJIPosted 10/16/2013 4:26:56 PM
game freakozoid posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Hah. Obviously.

85% said do not want.

So? You think Kinect is bundled with Xbox One to take gaming forward? Ha! No. Its there beause lame ass gimmicks sell, especially hated ones. Combine that with the interest of a next gen console (which kinect didn't have) a non existant Nintendo presence, uncompetitive competitors and un unmatched marketing budget and this is gonna blow sky high.

or the industry wiill collapse under its own filth. The only questions is whos left at the end, xbox one on the throne or xbox 360 on the ashes.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg