Microsoft To Have Dedicated Servers For All Xbox One Multiplayer Games

#61ILikesCheesePosted 10/17/2013 10:44:42 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Azure ramps up on demand. It allocates servers based on need. If Halo 6 sucked and halo fans returned en masse to Halo 5 there would be no unused Halo 6 servers.

The way you describe the Xbox One servers as working is a good thing - IF those servers work as promised. What if a game has been dead for years (like say Culdcept Saga) and then suddenly only TWO people wanted to play a round. Would the online servers for that game spring to life then?

Can no one answer that?
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#62PsychoGatesPosted 10/17/2013 10:50:29 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
OandA_Pest posted...
I love all the PS4 fanboys who are coming in here

There you go again, throwing out the term "PS4 fanboy" even when it isn't all PS fans in here.

Who said it was all PS4 fanboys?

Desperate Monkey...are you feeling okay? All the cylinders working properly? Elevator going all the way to the top floor?

I've put the addressed responses in bold but I think you may need a little extra help.

Desperate Monkey "I love all the PS4 fanboys who are coming in here"
Desperate Monkey "Who said it was all PS4 fanboys"

Wow man. Are you running a temperature perhaps? Early onset Alzheimer's maybe?

looks like someone doesn't understand how the english language works...
#63MRL3G3NDPosted 10/17/2013 11:00:06 AM
good and bad
good, great connections guaranteed
bad, they can shut the servers down whenever they want and you will no longer be able to play the game

bad, no more hosting clan matches and controlling your own lobby
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#64sworderPosted 10/17/2013 11:01:43 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
Can no one answer that?

If the game is entirely dead then Microsoft will stop supporting it
#65RedZakuPosted 10/17/2013 11:42:29 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
OandA_Pest posted...

There you go again, throwing out the term "PS4 fanboy" even when it isn't all PS fans in here.

Desperate Monkey...are you feeling okay? All the cylinders working properly? Elevator going all the way to the top floor?

I've put the addressed responses in bold but I think you may need a little extra help.

You're in trouble. He's going to argue semantics with you. Semantically his statement doesn't imply everyone saying negative things about Dedicated servers are PS fanboy's even if he is the one throwing around the term.
---
-PSN: SeigZeon
Your logic fails more than the shields of the U. S. S. Enterprise.
#66Talk2DaHandPosted 10/17/2013 12:40:55 PM
PsychoGates posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
Which just means Microsoft can choose to shut down a game's multiplayer.

And the Sony Pony desperation continues...

i know rite
---
http://www.northernsun.com/images/thumb/2214.jpg
#67DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/17/2013 2:06:30 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
OandA_Pest posted...

Wow, you really should check your quote. You confused my point about all the ps4 fanboys with the statement that everyone saying something negative is a ps4 fanboy. This is some major facepalm...
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#68DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/17/2013 2:10:19 PM
RedZaku posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
OandA_Pest posted...

You're in trouble. He's going to argue semantics with you. Semantically his statement doesn't imply everyone saying negative things about Dedicated servers are PS fanboy's even if he is the one throwing around the term.

ITT: correcting someone who has a poor grasp of english while insulting u about intelligence based on their own misunderstanding = semantics. Poor english is a common tool for All trolls i see.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#69RedZakuPosted 10/17/2013 3:06:19 PM(edited)

ITT: correcting someone who has a poor grasp of english while insulting u about intelligence based on their own misunderstanding = semantics. Poor english is a common tool for All trolls i see.

First I sincerely doubt I have a poor grasp of English because I pointed out the semantics of your statement does not imply what he thought it did. Slinging an insult my way just because you have a problem with me pointing out your rebuttal will still be nothing but nitpicking semantics, is just juvenile. Even if the quoted sentence semantically doesn't imply what he's claiming clear by the overall tone of your first post you were implying everyone who disagreed with the power of cloud servers was a Sony Troll. That's why I called you out for the reply I knew you'd make.

And next you will argue tone doesn't exist in text, you're wrong however, literary tone is dictated by the Author's word choice and sentence structure as well as the arguments he crafts. Tonality in writing has existed since the birth of literature, but please go ahead and try to argue the semantics of a single sentence as if it out weighs the tone of your entire post. Or simply claim you disagree with me about the tone so you can further try and discredit posters based on what is at this point sincere desperation to simply be right.
---
-PSN: SeigZeon
Your logic fails more than the shields of the U. S. S. Enterprise.
#70JeffandhisbanjoPosted 10/17/2013 3:59:18 PM
Desperate monkey is exactly what his name is