New Xbox One Video Details Cloud Computing, SmartGlass, and Kinect Features

#1Dev445Posted 10/15/2013 8:26:41 PM
by Matt Helgeson

Microsoft has promised a lot with the Xbox One, and this new video give us a good look at some of the console's new features.

In this video, you'll hear about how Microsoft is leveraging cloud computing and Kinect in the new system. You can also see how SmartGlass is being used in Dead Rising 3 and Ryse.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/10/15/new-xbox-one-video-details-cloud-computing-smartglass-and-kinect-features.aspx
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#2zerooo0Posted 10/15/2013 9:02:41 PM
Interesting read, now that the Xbox One is built with these things in mind maybe they can be better implicated than the 360 counterparts.

I'm hoping Project Spark gets SmartGlass support on the X1. The E3 demo looked great for it.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#3Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 5:31:04 AM
zerooo0 posted...
Interesting read, now that the Xbox One is built with these things in mind maybe they can be better implicated than the 360 counterparts.

I'm hoping Project Spark gets SmartGlass support on the X1. The E3 demo looked great for it.

Me too I don't see why it wouldn't be added on
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#4scoobydoobydontPosted 10/16/2013 5:43:24 AM(edited)
Too much nodding for my taste. Also: outside of sims/pet games, I think MS is overestimating how interested gamers are in those remote SmartGlass features. "Whoa, Bob is totally killing dudes in Ryse on level whatever! I'm totally on the edge of my seat! I guess I'll change my skirt and look at my stats again for the fiftieth time until I can get home and play..."
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png