Thinking about getting surface 2 or pro surface 2 (not sure yet)

#11billsfanno1Posted 10/16/2013 2:30:29 AM
You would be better off going to wpcentral.com forums to ask questions about Surface. Good user community.

I have Surface after owning 3 iPads. Surface is a great productivity tool, iPad is a great toy. Surface will integrate better with XB1 as it shares native services. Surface Pro is still a couple of processor generations away from being a mainstream tablet, by then Windows7 compatibility may not be as important as it seems today.
#12TheolaHaloPosted 10/16/2013 2:52:12 AM
The Surface Pros is essentially a high end laptop or ultrabook in tablet form.
Theyre pretty nice.
We use them at work.

We use the old ones though, not the 2s.
#13yanksfan4247Posted 10/16/2013 3:16:43 AM
Surface 2 looks to be great. Only problem is the app situation, but the more people using W8 the more apps will come.
---
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer
#14amicone9987Posted 10/16/2013 8:53:25 AM
Go with a surface 2 RT, you can be productive on it, also it will be 1080p, cheaper then an iPad and work great with smartglass, DO NOT get a pro, if you do that buy a Lenovo Yoga at that price.
#15M_TollitsonPosted 10/16/2013 9:04:49 AM
I have a Surface RT and its a great piece of kit. Would never go back to using an apple product now.
#16Ironman06Posted 10/16/2013 9:47:49 AM
M_Tollitson posted...
I have a Surface RT and its a great piece of kit. Would never go back to using an apple product now.

I also purchased a surface rt a few months ago. The only thing I dislike about it is a lack of apps, however, it seems to have all the major apps that I want (netflix, hulu, solitare). IMO once you get used to the interface, it's a step up from the ipad. I've never owned an android tablet so I really can't speak to that.
#17DarthvadePosted 10/16/2013 10:15:44 AM
I have a Surface Pro, I love the thing, if you are going to do more than web/netflix/office it will be the better solution (if you are thinking web,netflix, office only then go RT).

I will admit that the app store is still playing catch up if you are on a Pro it is irrelevant. Its still Windows 8.1 which means you can run anything a PC can run, An example is there is no Amazon Instant video app (or wasnt when i signed up). RT that would have been an issue, the Pro on the other hand i just opened Firefox and went to Amazon.

Also can run development apps, and games, Cant play Skyrim on an iPad.

The hardware is not that bad, as for the suggestion to get a win 7 tablet. You could if you really hated win 8 /8.1 then you could wipe the thing and install win 7 if it is a surface pro.

PS if price is a issue you can get a Surface PRO/RT G1 on the cheap as the new version is commng.
---
- Everybody Lies -
#18Masterchief5525Posted 10/16/2013 10:29:04 AM
There's nothing wrong with the surface tablets don't listen to those which are just hating on probably because MS makes it. If you want a full fledged PC on a tablet get the Pro version.
#19Sniper_BrosefPosted 10/16/2013 10:31:34 AM
RedZaku posted...
Trigx posted...
RedZaku posted...
Surface is awful... If you really refuse to buy something Apple makes then go with a Samsung Tablet running Windows 7.

Well I do have Iphone 4GS at the moment and it's pretty cool to be honest thought maybe i'll get something different, perhaps just a normal touchscreen with or without laptop or a tablet with pc think ipad 4 is pretty good compared to the surface?

Surface is one of the worst devices ever created, pretty much anything is better. But if you want to use SD cards and USB ports then you go for a Samsung Tablet like I said.

I really hope you're trolling because the Surface and especially the Surface Pro are among, if not the most capable tablets on the market.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#20PhoenixPrincePosted 10/16/2013 10:32:22 AM
My friend has a Surface Pro, it's awesome. It is a full WIndows PC with a tablet form factor. To quote what he said to another friend of ours, "Your iPad runs Angry Birds, my Surface runs Left 4 Dead"
---
I tell it how I see it. Controversial and I don't care.
3DS FC: 4596-9684-4261