Why the double standard? Forza 5 vs. Graphics don't matter.

#1LICKWIDPAlNPosted 10/16/2013 5:14:53 AM
Ok, so why are people blasted on here saying most of PS4s games are 1080p and XBone's is a mix(a typical rebuttal is graphics dont matter) and yet when people talk about graphical fidelity between certain games, folks say Forza 5 is the best looking game? (Despite having awesome car models in a sterile undynamic background and being a subjective statement)?

Jusy curiois as to why saying one thing is ok as opposed to the other. Can yoi guys clarify?
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#2DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/16/2013 5:32:20 AM(edited)
Who says graphics don't matter? I rarely see this ever except on the PS4 boards when the PC trolls come out. Thats when the Sony people say "lol, console gamers don't care about graphics, its about gameplay!". Around here, people are pretty clear that we are trading some graphical power for Kinect, better OS features, HDMI passthrough and a vastly superior online service that won't leave even their triple A exclusives on P2P systems. Oh and a decent list of launch exclusives is nice.

There is a lot of things you give up for a graphics boost there.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#3DyingPancakePosted 10/16/2013 5:35:05 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Who says graphics don't matter? I rarely see this ever except on the PS4 boards when the PC trolls come out. Thats when the Sony people say "lol, console gamers don't care about graphics, its about gameplay!". Around here, people are pretty clear that we are trading some graphical power for Kinect, better OS features, HDMI passthrough and a vastly superior online service that won't leave even their triple A exclusives on P2P systems. Oh and a decent list of launch exclusives is nice.

This.

And I'm sure it will be the same thing as this gen. 99% of multiplatform games look exactly the same on both consoles and PS 4 exclusives will probably look a little better than X1 exclusives. Just as most PS 3 exclusives looked slightly better than 360 ones
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#4BadLuckIncPosted 10/16/2013 5:36:21 AM
The games still look great. The new X1 features look great. The console as a whole looks great. This next gen looks GREAT. Graphics are a good thing, but I'm more excited for other things such as the performance upgrade and RAM so we have so much more chaos going on, on the screen. Laugh at Cloud all you want, but I'm interested to see where it takes this generation =)
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~
Xbox 360: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#5DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/16/2013 5:37:38 AM
I think the graphics gap will be larger this time around. However, considering I played plenty of multiplats on PS3/Xbox rather than PC, it is certainly not the end all, be all concern of gamers.
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#6LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 5:40:20 AM(edited)
DyingPancake posted...

This.

And I'm sure it will be the same thing as this gen. 99% of multiplatform games look exactly the same on both consoles and PS 4 exclusives will probably look a little better than X1 exclusives. Just as most PS 3 exclusives looked slightly better than 360 ones

Ps3 games only looked slightly better because the Cell was a pain to code for. It's a Lil different now. But to the previous poster, hey man, its just an observation I see here. Graphics and specs dont matter unless FORZA 5.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#7reincarnator07Posted 10/16/2013 5:39:39 AM
Who says graphics don't matter? I rarely see this ever except on the PS4 boards when the PC trolls come out. Around here, people are pretty clear that we are trading some graphical power for Kinect, better OS features, HDMI passthrough and a vastly superior online service that won't leave even their triple A exclusives on P2P systems. Oh and a decent list of launch exclusives is nice.

Define better OS features. The launch exclusives are pretty subjective, I personally don't care for anything for the X1 aside from Titanfall, which I'll pick up on PC. Also, Sony had more titles with dedicated servers last gen. Past success doesn't determine the future, otherwise the PS3 would have outsold the Wii and 360 combined.

As for who says graphics don't matter, fanboys of both consoles whenever a more powerful system is brought up. 360 fanboys have always gloated about better performance in multiplats this last gen. The PS4 fanboys always gloat when trolling X1 fans, but then revert to "graphics don't matter!" whenever someone brings up PC.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#8LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 5:43:51 AM
I think it's a little different between the PC and PS crowd. I own both so it think its because the Playstation has top notch games that PC does not have so there is a rift there. This is mainly between the PS4 and Xbone.
---
#9MrSpaM111Posted 10/16/2013 5:49:00 AM
It's pretty easy to make a driving game look good, due to the fact that cars and scenery are mostly just solid objects
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#10DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/16/2013 5:56:00 AM
reincarnator07 posted...
Who says graphics don't matter? I rarely see this ever except on the PS4 boards when the PC trolls come out. Around here, people are pretty clear that we are trading some graphical power for Kinect, better OS features, HDMI passthrough and a vastly superior online service that won't leave even their triple A exclusives on P2P systems. Oh and a decent list of launch exclusives is nice.

Define better OS features.

Facial recognition to sign in, autoscan redemption codes, runs 4 programs in the background, can simultaneously run two apps side by side, allowing to watch a movie and browse the internet or play a game and pull up a collectibles map beside it and so on, allows players to do things without open or navigating a menu through voice commands or gestures like stretching and so on. The OS department seems like quite a huge gap between these two systems.

The launch exclusives are pretty subjective, I personally don't care for anything for the X1 aside from Titanfall, which I'll pick up on PC.

Which is just fine for you. This is about people who prefer the XB1 and why they can easily prefer it despite inferior graphics. If people prefer the PS4 exclusives then its a reason to get a PS4 regardless of how many less exclusives they have. If you have a PC, there isn't much the PS4 offers either in terms of actual exclusives. In 2014, it seems the PS4 barely has anything thats not on PC as well compared to the X1 and X1 may have features in its multiplats that the PC does not because of Kinect.

And yeah, we pretty much know that MS is going to have more dedicated servers. History doesn't mean anything. XBO looked nothing like XBox 360 which looks nothing like Xbox One. The fact is, MS is putting Azure and nearly $10 billion dollars worth of server power to back up XBL Gold for dedicated servers and cloud gaming. Sony has no ability to match this just like MS has no ability to match their graphics.
---