Why the double standard? Forza 5 vs. Graphics don't matter.

#11LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 6:59:01 AM
DesperateMonkey, you gave me an idea for a new poll. It will be up later on.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#12DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/16/2013 7:06:18 AM
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
I think it's a little different between the PC and PS crowd. I own both so it think its because the Playstation has top notch games that PC does not have so there is a rift there. This is mainly between the PS4 and Xbone.

So your argument is that graphics don't matter because PS4 has better exclusives. However the general consensus is by far that the XB1 has better exclusives... so you kind of answered your own question there. *facepalm*

Do you think PC gamers would be jealous of Killzone SF, Driveclub, Infamous: Second Son, The Order 1886 and Knack?

Or would they be more jealous of Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Crimson Dragon, Forza 5, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Halo 5, the big Black Tusk exclusive, Fable Legends, Kinect Sports Rivals and D4?

You are really a delusional fanboy. I guess you are going to use the "game preferences are subjective" against the XB1 and to PC gamers you will say "well PS4 exclusives are more popular" without acknowledging that XB1 exclusives right now are generally considered far more exciting.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#13LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 7:34:28 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
I think it's a little different between the PC and PS crowd. I own both so it think its because the Playstation has top notch games that PC does not have so there is a rift there. This is mainly between the PS4 and Xbone.

So your argument is that graphics don't matter because PS4 has better exclusives. However the general consensus is by far that the XB1 has better exclusives... so you kind of answered your own question there. *facepalm*

Do you think PC gamers would be jealous of Killzone SF, Driveclub, Infamous: Second Son, The Order 1886 and Knack?

Or would they be more jealous of Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Crimson Dragon, Forza 5, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Halo 5, the big Black Tusk exclusive, Fable Legends, Kinect Sports Rivals and D4?

You are really a delusional fanboy. I guess you are going to use the "game preferences are subjective" against the XB1 and to PC gamers you will say "well PS4 exclusives are more popular" without acknowledging that XB1 exclusives right now are generally considered far more exciting.

You must have failed reading comprehension. Playstation 3 had games that the PC community did not have. That is fact. And on a side note, the only Xbone game that is so called exclusive that looks good to me is TF which will be in my PC.

Lrn2reed
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#14DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/16/2013 7:45:53 AM
Like I said, you use silly logic. All the PC people can easily say "the only exclusive I liked on any Sony console ever was Journey! loolllooollolol" but apparently you are an exception and your preference is real unlike PC gamers. How are PC gamers bashing the PS4 jealous of PS3 games which it cannot play? Just bad logic all around and trying to speak for unknown and undeclared aspects of peoples arguments. Most of the PC elitists are there because their are console gamers dumb enough to post things like this on the PS4 board:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67354571/759298734

A lot of people think the PS4 is actually a good PC just because its a bit stronger than XB1 and is cheaper... In reality, its very much as much of a joke compared to midrange and high end PCs as an XB1 is. Its like XB1 and PS4 are in first grade and one scores a 60% and another scores 90% on their math test and so now the person who scored 90% thinks he's ready for calculus because he almost aced simple addition and subtraction.
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#15sworderPosted 10/16/2013 8:05:21 AM
Like I said, you use silly logic. All the PC people can easily say "the only exclusive I liked on any Sony console ever was Journey! loolllooollolol" but apparently you are an exception and your preference is real unlike PC gamers. How are PC gamers bashing the PS4 jealous of PS3 games which it cannot play? Just bad logic all around and trying to speak for unknown and undeclared aspects of peoples arguments. Most of the PC elitists are there because their are console gamers dumb enough to post things like this on the PS4 board:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67354571/759298734

A lot of people think the PS4 is actually a good PC just because its a bit stronger than XB1 and is cheaper... In reality, its very much as much of a joke compared to midrange and high end PCs as an XB1 is. Its like XB1 and PS4 are in first grade and one scores a 60% and another scores 90% on their math test and so now the person who scored 90% thinks he's ready for calculus because he almost aced simple addition and subtraction.

You are crazy bro

Consoles >>>>>>>>>>>>> mid range computers

A mid range PC will become obsolete in 3 years. My console will last me a decade
#16DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/16/2013 9:39:42 AM(edited)
Its that kind of ignorance that invites the PC elitists. Consoles are also obsolete in the same amount of time. In fact, consoles are obsolete compared to PCs the day they launch. Both the PS4 and XB1 look like garbage compared to a mid range PC and at no point will optimization help them surpass it. A PC running off of a GTS 8600 could run DMC4 max settings at 1080p with 60 frames. The PS3 version ran at medium settings, 720p and unstable frames on top of longer load times.

The only thing "obsolete" means for hardware is that it is no longer the standard. But for PC gamers, the standard has been higher than what the consoles can deliver quite awhile ago. The PS4 is a significantly weaker console in relation to the time it released as well. This year, its the performance of a budget PC. Next year, its going to be about the performance of mediocre laptops.

Basically, if you console game, you need to just accept the reality that you get what you pay for.
---
#17chrish909Posted 10/16/2013 9:54:21 AM
Driveclub is time trials only, so when comparing the 2 its only fair to make it about gfx only. Comparing forza gameplay to driveclub gameplay(seems more like a demo to me) is just not right.
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#18YeomanlyPosted 10/16/2013 9:58:17 AM
Show me another next gen title that runs 1080p at a constant 60FPS with 16 cars on track that looks anything near as good as Forza 5.

Anyone can make a interactive tech demo with no AI at 30FPS and call it a game. :/
#19Exodus_PrimePosted 10/16/2013 10:24:51 AM
Yeomanly posted...
Show me another next gen title that runs 1080p at a constant 60FPS with 16 cars on track that looks anything near as good as Forza 5.

Anyone can make a interactive tech demo with no AI at 30FPS and call it a game. :/

But..but..but GT5 is on PS3 and it looks ten times better than Forza 5..doonnn"t you get it man...but DriveClub is better because PS4...Freeee gammesss.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#20assassin10133Posted 10/16/2013 10:31:47 AM
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
DyingPancake posted...
Who says graphics don't matter? I rarely see this ever except on the PS4 boards when the PC trolls come out. Thats when the Sony people say "lol, console gamers don't care about graphics, its about gameplay!". Around here, people are pretty clear that we are trading some graphical power for Kinect, better OS features, HDMI passthrough and a vastly superior online service that won't leave even their triple A exclusives on P2P systems. Oh and a decent list of launch exclusives is nice.

There is a lot of things you give up for a graphics boost there.

This.

And I'm sure it will be the same thing as this gen. 99% of multiplatform games look exactly the same on both consoles and PS 4 exclusives will probably look a little better than X1 exclusives. Just as most PS 3 exclusives looked slightly better than 360 ones

Ps3 games only looked slightly better because the Cell was a pain to code for. It's a Lil different now. But to the previous poster, hey man, its just an observation I see here. Graphics and specs dont matter unless FORZA 5.

I think with Forza 5 the thing that causes the most argument is when people say it doesn't look better than F4, or only marginally better. I haven't seen F5 in person so I can't say, but when I do get it i'll probably pop F4 in my 360 and F5 in my XB1 and run the same car on the same track back to back just to see because of all this. lol