In the console wars, so do we ever bring up the controller?

#1drclaeysPosted 10/16/2013 7:25:00 AM
Friends,

I just bought a 360 two weeks back. To play rpgs, that I missed on my ps3. I have to say the controller seems better fitted to my hands. I am a big guy, like 6 foot 4 and 260 pounds. so maybe its just me. But the controller seems to have longer handles. and it seems heavier... which is a good thing.

Better for throwing, when you nerd rage, but it just seems better to use. and the thing seems to be designed around my thumbs. not just a random nice looking design.

I just wanted to bring this up. I have been playing playstation for over 10 years, but this controller seems to really fit my hands. I think this is a plus for the xbox that no one ever mentions.

Thank you and good luck.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
Got a Xbox a few days ago, Now playing: Fable 3. . . . . . . . . Blame Republicans for the government shutdown.
#2BadLuckIncPosted 10/16/2013 7:27:27 AM
A lot of people prefer the Xbox 360 controller over the Playstations. Not to say the Playstations is terrible, but I prefer the 360's. The X1's controller is building off its predecessor with some cool new features =)
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~
Xbox 360: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#3MrImpatient35Posted 10/16/2013 7:29:40 AM
BadLuckInc posted...
A lot of people prefer the Xbox 360 controller over the Playstations. Not to say the Playstations is terrible, but I prefer the 360's. The X1's controller is building off its predecessor with some cool new features =)

Most people prefer the X360 controller, and the X1 controller improves upon it. Even though the PS4 controller looks much improved, I couldn't imagine liking it more than I LOVED my X360 controller. My friend is buying PS4, so I'll try it out.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
#4DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/16/2013 7:30:04 AM
Well the PS4 controller is going to be larger than even the Xbox 360 controller so think about that.

The only major difference is that the PS4 controller has a touchpad on it while the Xbox One features rumble/feedback for the triggers.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#5Special-EddPosted 10/16/2013 7:32:13 AM
People always bring up the controller in console wars. In general people seem to enjoy the 360 controller more than the DS3 but in terms of actual quality of the controller I say the DS3 has it beat.

Controller design and functionality 360>PS3.

Build quality and durability PS3>360.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#6Ch3wyPosted 10/16/2013 7:33:16 AM
Because it's not really debatable.

The Xbox controller is objectively superior to the PS controller. It has been proven by science.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#7Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 10/16/2013 7:35:26 AM
I've never liked the sticks(they suck) on the PS controller.
#8DjnarduPosted 10/16/2013 8:12:57 AM
If Sony had kept the same design for the DS4 as the DS3 I would have said it would make a difference between the consoles.

But after holding both controllers I can certainly say the Dualshock 4 feels amazing..

IMO MS made the One controller worse. I hate the new size as it feels cramped in my hands. The weight also bugged me as it now feels too light.

In terms of new features the feedback trigger seem like a neat (gimmicky) but neat feature.

The touch pad could become a big factor is utilized by developers correctly.
---
i7 3700k 4.8GHz, 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1900Mhz, GTX 690
#9maheo30Posted 10/16/2013 8:22:33 AM
specialed1583 posted...
People always bring up the controller in console wars. In general people seem to enjoy the 360 controller more than the DS3 but in terms of actual quality of the controller I say the DS3 has it beat.

Controller design and functionality 360>PS3.

Build quality and durability PS3>360.

I am an xbox guy, but that is one issue I've had over the years. The quality of their controllers is awful. I'm not hard on my xbox controllers either. I don't throw them or anything like that. I try and take good care of them. That is something I hope they improve upon with the X1.
---
The world should realize with increased clearness that Evangelicalism stands or falls with Calvinism. (Dr. B.B. Warfield)
#10Evel138Posted 10/16/2013 8:29:30 AM
I'm actually really excited to get a feel for the new PS controller. It seems like they got a clue from the 360 controller this gen.

The form factor on the grips, the triggers that are actual triggers now (though let's hope that ADS/fire in mapped to L2/R2 or custom controls is the norm), etc.

The analogs are still in the wrong spot, but hey....at least they spaced them out a bit so your thumbs don't start to cramp up if your hands are any larger than that of a 10 year old girl.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y