In the console wars, so do we ever bring up the controller?

#11assassin10133Posted 10/16/2013 7:45:32 AM
Ya the general consensus has been that the X360 controller was better than the DS3, however the DS4 does seem to be hugely improved and from what I've seen of reviews/opinions it seems this gen will be close to a 50/50 split so it should be safe to assume they are both on par now, about even. It's all personal preference anyway. I'll definitely check it out with my cousin's as he's getting PS4 and compare to my XB1 controller, I think they'll both be good, still don't like analog stick placement on DS4 though, prefer offset.
#12MrSpaM111Posted 10/16/2013 7:56:08 AM
Personally, the 360 controller gives me cramps in my thumbs if I play for extended periods, I don't get that from the dualshock though. It's just whatever your used to.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#13Special-EddPosted 10/16/2013 8:16:07 AM
maheo30 posted...
specialed1583 posted...
People always bring up the controller in console wars. In general people seem to enjoy the 360 controller more than the DS3 but in terms of actual quality of the controller I say the DS3 has it beat.

Controller design and functionality 360>PS3.

Build quality and durability PS3>360.

I am an xbox guy, but that is one issue I've had over the years. The quality of their controllers is awful. I'm not hard on my xbox controllers either. I don't throw them or anything like that. I try and take good care of them. That is something I hope they improve upon with the X1.

Me too. I love the way the new controller looks but I definitely hope I don't need to worry about opening them up to replace an analog stick that starts drifting or adjust the bumper buttons so that they make better contact with the casing.

If they really spent so much money on improvements to the controller I don't think it will be as big of an issue this time around.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#14SunDevil77Posted 10/16/2013 8:22:06 AM
Dang boy, you are big. What'd you eat?!
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#15AlexanaxelaPosted 10/16/2013 8:38:53 AM
people always say ''the xbox controller has the sticks in a better location'' and then i say ''but the most popular xbox genre is fps, and in a fps your right thumb is on the right stick in the lower position a majority of the time which is exactly what you complain about with the playstation controller...'' Then they never respond
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.
#16Special-EddPosted 10/16/2013 8:53:12 AM(edited)
Alexanaxela posted...
people always say ''the xbox controller has the sticks in a better location'' and then i say ''but the most popular xbox genre is fps, and in a fps your right thumb is on the right stick in the lower position a majority of the time which is exactly what you complain about with the playstation controller...'' Then they never respond

The 360 controller's sticks are further apart from one another which feels better while moving and aiming at the same time. Also the triggers on the 360 controller feel better than the L1 and R1 shoulder buttons for shooting games.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
#17DjnarduPosted 10/16/2013 8:51:32 AM
specialed1583 posted...
Alexanaxela posted...

The 360 controller's sticks are further apart from one another which feels better while moving and aiming at the same time. Also the triggers on the 360 controller feel better than the L and R shoulder buttons for shooting games.

Distance makes a difference but it really has to do with the concave design of the DS3 which makes you feel like your fingers are sitting on the stick instead of in them. "less control"

And the height of the DS3 sticks. The higher sticks make the analogs feel loose and unprecise
---
i7 3700k 4.8GHz, 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1900Mhz, GTX 690
#18Special-EddPosted 10/16/2013 8:53:28 AM(edited)
Djnardu posted...
specialed1583 posted...
Alexanaxela posted...

The 360 controller's sticks are further apart from one another which feels better while moving and aiming at the same time. Also the triggers on the 360 controller feel better than the L1 and R1 shoulder buttons for shooting games.

Distance makes a difference but it really has to do with the concave design of the DS3 which makes you feel like your fingers are sitting on the stick instead of in them. "less control"

And the height of the DS3 sticks. The higher sticks make the analogs feel loose and unprecise

Both good points as well.
---
#19VanderZooPosted 10/16/2013 9:08:18 AM
Djnardu posted...
specialed1583 posted...
Alexanaxela posted...

The 360 controller's sticks are further apart from one another which feels better while moving and aiming at the same time. Also the triggers on the 360 controller feel better than the L and R shoulder buttons for shooting games.

But you're pushing your thumb against the sticks, so it's good that they're convex because you have something to push against. With concave sticks you're only pushing against the rim.

Actually for FPS games I think the Wii U pro controller is the best because the right analogue stick is on the same level as the left.
---
Oi, Aussies! Shop at ozziegameshop.com or dungeoncrawl.com
#20AlexanaxelaPosted 10/16/2013 9:10:24 AM
specialed1583 posted...
Alexanaxela posted...

neither of these has anything to do with the stick layout. Also you can press a button faster than you can pull a trigger
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.