It was a wasted opportunity to not make a new Riddick game

#1Hucast9Posted 10/16/2013 7:51:31 AM
Starbreeze should've made a new Riddick game loosely based on that last movie. They could've explored Riddick's time with the Necromongers as the Necromonger king. One idea that I have is that the Necromongers forced Riddick to go to a planet to prove himself as a rite of passage before becoming the king. It's a wasted opportunity since all the other Riddick games have been great.
#2khardboredPosted 10/16/2013 7:53:33 AM
Yes, yes. Didn't VD create his own, new gaming studio? Tyger something or other? Anyway, I would love a new game that is similar to the first.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#3Hucast9(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 7:55:18 AM
khardbored posted...
Yes, yes. Didn't VD create his own, new gaming studio? Tyger something or other? Anyway, I would love a new game that is similar to the first.

This would've been absolutely perfect for a next gen game. I would rather have a new Riddick game than something like Mad Max, Ryse, or plenty of other games.
#4LaManoNeraIIPosted 10/16/2013 8:55:52 AM
That original team IS making a new Riddick game. Vin Diesel announced it a month ago.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#5FoppePosted 10/16/2013 9:04:22 AM
LaManoNeraII posted...
That original team IS making a new Riddick game. Vin Diesel announced it a month ago.

Which turned out to be Riddick: The Merc Files, a IOS game.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#6LaManoNeraIIPosted 10/16/2013 9:38:39 AM
Foppe posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...

No, the Riddick game this team is working on is the third installment of the Butcher Bay series
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#7FoppePosted 10/16/2013 10:26:55 AM
LaManoNeraII posted...
Foppe posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...

No, the Riddick game this team is working on is the third installment of the Butcher Bay series

http://kotaku.com/a-new-riddick-game-is-coming-to-ios-1337080564
So unless the same team was working on two different games that were announced at the same time and Kotaku seems to have missed the second game, it was the IOS game.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#8shads3055Posted 10/16/2013 2:06:35 PM
it was a waste of studio money to make the Riddick movie also. that new one that came out a few weeks ago ro last month was so bad it was bad
#9Joey-ZazaPosted 10/16/2013 2:09:50 PM
It was better than Chronicles, IMO.

I liked the darker feeling from Pitch Black.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#10Foxx3kPosted 10/16/2013 5:09:47 PM
The other Riddick games did not age gracefully at all.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]