App designed to make you better at Madden.

#1Cowboy082288Posted 10/16/2013 7:53:44 AM
Interesting new app for Madden 25 on X1.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/10/08/coach-glass-preview/

Finally the defensive side of the ball is getting some love from EA.

Would like to see this sort of thing applied to different genres as well. An app that tells you player tendencies on certain maps for FPS games might be a good idea. I posted this in the X box one forum because it seems to be exclusive for that console so I thought it was relevant.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni
#2userfrigginamePosted 10/16/2013 8:04:44 AM
It's cool. But really, a good player would be figuring out the opposition's tendencies on their own. It'd be cooler if they could let you draw up a play on a 2nd screen. More advanced players would like that sort of feature.
#3Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 1:58:54 PM
userfrigginame posted...
It's cool. But really, a good player would be figuring out the opposition's tendencies on their own. It'd be cooler if they could let you draw up a play on a 2nd screen. More advanced players would like that sort of feature.

I kinda gotta disagree with ya there. Even coordinators in the NFL have staff that track percentages and tendencies. No one can really be expected to just off hand know the exact numbers.

What I found appealing about it, is that it suggest a defense to beat certain plays the opponent has used a lot. Anyone who has played madden a lot knows the frustration when an opponent is using 2-4 plays over and over, and you have to use a bunch of defense plays getting beat until you finally find the play that stops them.
---
#4crucialPosted 10/16/2013 2:06:03 PM
^^^ just like real football,in the nfl they will use the same plays and go for the same DB until you adjust to it,or run the same draw play that is eating you're DL up,great idea by the way.
#5Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 2:40:50 PM
crucial posted...
^^^ just like real football,in the nfl they will use the same plays and go for the same DB until you adjust to it,or run the same draw play that is eating you're DL up,great idea by the way.

Yeah that is definitely true. My problem with madden when playing defense is that a lot of time you know what kind of D you want but its hard to find. So you end up calling 5+ D plays until you finally find the play that say puts your MLB in the right zone area to stop shallow cross routes. Crossing routes are heavily abused in Madden :)) Thats why I use it as an example.

The problem I guess is the description of the play in the play book. It says 4-3 (2 deep zone). You look at the diagram and it looks like the MLB zone covers about 4-7 yards off the line of scrimmage. Then when you run the play you find out that the MLB actually drops back about 4-5 yards from his original position before he starts covering. Thereby giving up the underneath cross route. So then you go back to the D playbook hunting and searching again for the right play.

With this app I'm guessing it just says 'hey here is 3 D plays that stop that offensive play'. This of course is closer to the real thing. D coordinators in the NFL don't have to look all threw the playbook trying to find what play will work. They already know what plays they have worked on for different offensive looks.

I really hope in the future EA does more things to help defenses out. Madden in my opinion has been favoring the offense (specifically passing the ball) for far to long.
---
#6khardboredPosted 10/16/2013 2:41:53 PM
I don't do sports games but I think this is a very awesome idea.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */