Xbox One has won the OS, Controller, and Network battle...

#1eastofeastsidePosted 10/16/2013 7:20:16 AM
If the graphical differences between the two platforms doesn't translate to much, I fear it is all over for PS4 post-launch. Xbox One should have any easy time pulling PS4 in after it's initial launch hype as the platform is bogged down by a drought of exclusives while Xbox One explodes in mass appeal.
#2BadLuckIncPosted 10/16/2013 7:24:30 AM
I think many people will be surprised how well X1 is going to do. X1 really does have the better features. If graphics were all high and mighty, than the N64 should of stomped the PS1 and the Xbox, the PS2.

Nov 22nd is almost here! =)
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~
Xbox 360: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#3DjnarduPosted 10/16/2013 7:27:58 AM(edited)
Can't really compare anythings since neither is out yet....but

Sony's OS seems like its focused on Social Gaming- Pictures/ Videos/ Updates etc
MS's OS Seems focused on MEDIA- TV, Switching between inputs.

Controllers are subjective-
Having played with both I'll actually give an edge to the DS4

Network-
Absolutely no way of knowing how these will handle yet. Touting one as the winner already is just spouting BS
---
i7 3700k 4.8GHz, 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1900Mhz, GTX 690
#4CyberneticRatPosted 10/16/2013 7:33:31 AM
The thing that makes me want a PS4 are their developers but seeing how MS has pretty much announced that they have 4 new studios, the gap is getting pretty close. The higher hardware specs are nice but don't really mean much to a console gamer. If they wanted better graphics, why not just get a PC?

The thing I don't like about the PS4 is how it's trying to be a PC while the Xbox One is trying to be a console; its own thing that can do things PCs can't.

I think the reason why the console war has kind of heated up for the next gen is because how close these two consoles are to each other.

Overall though, I think both consoles will do well.
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#5DjnarduPosted 10/16/2013 7:36:58 AM
CyberneticRat posted...
The thing that makes me want a PS4 are their developers but seeing how MS has pretty much announced that they have 4 new studios, the gap is getting pretty close. The higher hardware specs are nice but don't really mean much to a console gamer. If they wanted better graphics, why not just get a PC?

The thing I don't like about the PS4 is how it's trying to be a PC while the Xbox One is trying to be a console; its own thing that can do things PCs can't.

I think the reason why the console war has kind of heated up for the next gen is because how close these two consoles are to each other.

Overall though, I think both consoles will do well.

Really?

I'm getting both systems but you can easily see that the PS4 is aiming more for the console gaming aspect while the One is trying to be a Media Box..
---
i7 3700k 4.8GHz, 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1900Mhz, GTX 690
#6MrImpatient35Posted 10/16/2013 7:37:13 AM
To make up the difference between the two consoles, PS4 would have to have a pretty noticeable upgrade in the graphics. From what I've been reading/hearing, the graphical differences wont be as great as you'd assume.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
#7KillerCabalPosted 10/16/2013 7:38:34 AM
eastofeastside posted...
If the graphical differences between the two platforms doesn't translate to much, I fear it is all over for PS4 post-launch. Xbox One should have any easy time pulling PS4 in after it's initial launch hype as the platform is bogged down by a drought of exclusives while Xbox One explodes in mass appeal.

OPINONS woooooo
#8VanderZooPosted 10/16/2013 7:45:01 AM
CyberneticRat posted...

Because we don't like PC gaming, we prefer consoles. Also a PC will cost more money to have better graphics, PS4 actually costs less than an XB1 and has better graphics, very important and big difference there.

And I don't see how PS4 is trying to be a PC other than the same architecture, but XB1 is doing that as well. If anything PC's are trying to be more like consoles (steambox, steam OS, steampad, big picture).
---
Oi, Aussies! Shop at ozziegameshop.com or dungeoncrawl.com
#9MrSpaM111Posted 10/16/2013 7:52:45 AM
Djnardu posted...
Can't really compare anythings since neither is out yet....but

Sony's OS seems like its focused on Social Gaming- Pictures/ Videos/ Updates etc
MS's OS Seems focused on MEDIA- TV, Switching between inputs.

Controllers are subjective-
Having played with both I'll actually give an edge to the DS4

Network-
Absolutely no way of knowing how these will handle yet. Touting one as the winner already is just spouting BS

This
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#10sexbonePosted 10/16/2013 7:53:46 AM
ps4 is trying to be a console with pc graphic
xbox one is trying to be a cable box with a forced camera and then, a console
---
sexbox one by micro&soft : always on, connected,and watching.Doesn't do 180.voice coms: sexbox turn on, sexbox watch AV, sexbox my home.Yes, i'm a sexboner.