#rysefact got devs feeling some type of way

#1yanksfan4247Posted 10/16/2013 9:13:22 AM
So we all know clutch time crunch time whatever you wanna call it, is the worst time for devs, coders etc. Well everyone except whoever runs the Ryse twitter account.

They sent a tweet saying How many free dinners they will hand out to crunchtime workers. Devs werent too thrilled with that tweet.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/202444/Developers_react_The_RyseFacts_hashtag_and_the_war_on_crunch.php
---
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer
#2Combo626Posted 10/16/2013 9:31:45 AM
Oh look, another "Cynical Microsoft" topic. Those never get old.

/sarcasm
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE!
#3chrish909Posted 10/16/2013 9:33:18 AM
Its not devs responding to ryseteam its sony fanboys. They continue to make themselves look worse everyday. The developers of ryse are proud of their work and trying to make the game flawless as possible only to be insulted by jealous fanboys on twitter. People wrote that chruchtime hours are disgusting and the devs cant see their families. They say it as if chruchtime hours are mandatory. The studio is offering more hours and the dev team is dedicated enough to do them, only to be barraged with insults on twitter. The more I encounter sony fanboys, the less I want any ps product.

From trolling message boards, to threatening boycotts if a game doesnt stay exclusive, to making toysrus.com accounts just to racially insult kids, to being in denial about flaws in their console of choice, to insultong developers out of jealousy, I want nothing do to with them. They are digging their own grave.
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#4khardboredPosted 10/16/2013 9:35:03 AM
Yeah, I read about this lastnight. Crunch time here in the US really isn't that bad. They are getting paid for their extra time as well as the type of work isn't physically demanding. I remember when I was in charge of a 40+PC Minix cluster and had to track down a sendmail type problem. I was stuck there for 19 hours. This happened multiple times but I was more than happy to do it. I had a job and was getting "fat stacks yoh".
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#5yanksfan4247(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 9:52:13 AM
Is this real life?

I've never heard anyone speak positively about crunchtime. Even CliffyB said it wasnt cool. You know the guy who was supporting the X1 from launch.
---
#6chrish909Posted 10/16/2013 9:59:18 AM
yanksfan4247 posted...
Is this real life?

I've never heard anyone speak positively about crunchtime. Even CliffyB said it wasnt cool. You know the guy who was supporting the X1 from launch.

Its not like they are being held at gunpoint, the boss says who wants to stay overtime this week. You get paid time and a half for overtime(maybe more depending on the company) and the holidays are coming, so its a pretty good deal. Do you work tc? Having the option of more hours and pay is a good thing.

I imagine you may be confusing ryse dev team with a japanese dev team.
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#7yanksfan4247(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 10:07:40 AM
chrish909 posted...

Its not like they are being held at gunpoint,
boss says who wants to stay overtime this week. You get paid time and a half for overtime(maybe more depending on the company) and the holidays are coming, so its a pretty good deal. Do you work tc? Having the option of more hours and pay is a good thing.

I haven't heard a single person in the industry say a crunching is anywhere near just working overtime at a regular job.
---
#8Ch3wyPosted 10/16/2013 10:09:32 AM
chrish909 posted...
yanksfan4247 posted...
Is this real life?

Its not like they are being held at gunpoint, the boss says who wants to stay overtime this week. You get paid time and a half for overtime(maybe more depending on the company) and the holidays are coming, so its a pretty good deal. Do you work tc? Having the option of more hours and pay is a good thing.

That's not usually how it works in development, or most salaried positions really.

I've never seen an extra cent in my paycheck for working late.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#9Joey-ZazaPosted 10/16/2013 10:11:28 AM
Yeah time and a half? Maybe at McDonald's. Not on an actual salary job.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#10Bikes-Posted 10/16/2013 10:14:56 AM
yanksfan4247 posted...
Is this real life?

Wouldn't that make them cool then? Cliffy's opinions have been pretty stupid recently xD
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265