IF i'm buying both the consoles,xb1 at launch is a smarter choice then?

#11nishanth12Posted 10/17/2013 11:21:05 PM
At this point even if all the people here at gamefaqs decided to buy xbox, that wouldn't even make up for how many ps4 have been pre ordered in US alone. Imagine worldwide

Now that really disappointing, I think the more the xbox one sells at this point, the better for gaming industry as a whole. We really dont need Sony to be the only one's rolling the dice people
#12JohnWall32Posted 10/17/2013 11:24:48 PM
i think that's the smart choice for those who can't afford both consoles at launch..ps4 is a must buy though...let's make that clear...just not right now
#13streamjumperPosted 10/18/2013 12:19:05 AM
userfrigginame posted...
IF u buy both at launch, ur not making a choice between the two.

However, getting both at launch as well as some games may make it a choice between buying them both and little things like eating, being able to drive to work, pay for the internet service to use them with, etc...

I don't think the PS4 is going anywhere. It can wait just as patiently in the store as on your shelf til the exclusives start rolling in.

TC, my vote is for buying the XB1 at launch and having fun with it til the PS4 situation hits must-have-now status in your eyes...
---
Darwin, set the Wayback Machine...
#14CapwnDPosted 10/18/2013 12:46:08 AM
Alexanaxela posted...
do a flip

do a barrel roll
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#15iSkadooshPosted 10/18/2013 2:38:36 AM
If you have to have one of the consoles at launch the PS4 is the smarter choice, since sony are far more competent at building hardware. As far as exclusives go, unless you're the type of person who literally does nothing but play video games all day the PS4 has plenty to offer to keep you occupied for a few months at least. I'll personally wait to pick up an Xbone to ensure RROD 2.0 doesn't occur.
---
Not upset at all, just annoyed that there's absolutely no point in people like you to be on these boards other than to troll your little hearts out. - triple s
#16BirgitteSilverPosted 10/18/2013 2:59:32 AM
Epic_Bear_Guy posted...
XBone gets KH3 and FF15. 360 had LO last gen and star ocean as a timed exclusive for a year. If you want quality RPG's then xboxone will probably be better.

Wow. How can anyone believe this?

If there is one category where the PS3 completely destroyed the 360 it was in JRPGs. One game and one timed exclusive does not change this.

Western RPGs will be on both PS4 and the One. JRPGs will be almost completely on the PS4. If you are going for RPGs there is no contest, and the One isn't the winner.
#17Epic_Bear_GuyPosted 10/18/2013 1:06:46 PM(edited)
BirgitteSilver posted...
Epic_Bear_Guy posted...
XBone gets KH3 and FF15. 360 had LO last gen and star ocean as a timed exclusive for a year. If you want quality RPG's then xboxone will probably be better.

Wow. How can anyone believe this?

If there is one category where the PS3 completely destroyed the 360 it was in JRPGs. One game and one timed exclusive does not change this.

Western RPGs will be on both PS4 and the One. JRPGs will be almost completely on the PS4. If you are going for RPGs there is no contest, and the One isn't the winner.

what did sony have last gen?

PS3 JRPGs:
White knight chronicles
ni no kuni
Tales of Xillia
Star ocean 4 (eventually got it)
Tales of Vesperia (eventually got it)
Final Fantasy 13

Xbox 360:
Lost Odyssey
Blue Dragon
MagnaCarta 2
Star ocean 4 (timed exclusive for a year)
Tales of Vesperia (timed exclusive for a long time)
Final Fantasy 13

I may have missed a couple on both sides but TC check all of those games out, and you decide which JRPG's you'd prefer playing. Then get the system you desire based on that.
#18zeekcruz425Posted 10/18/2013 1:11:24 PM
i was in the same position as you TC, until i took a look at the games i actually enjoy playing and i decided to preorder xbox 1 and wait on ps4 until further notice. The games that swayed me aside form the xbox being a rather attractive piece of tech was games like halo 5, forza 5 from what i can see they are going to look amazing. Also seeing the trailer to Titanfall leaves me speechless every single time, i cannot wait!!!
---
GT MERK uNd HeaD
God is love.
#19sworderPosted 10/18/2013 1:21:57 PM
Epic_Bear_Guy posted...
I may have missed a couple on both sides but TC check all of those games out, and you decide which JRPG's you'd prefer playing. Then get the system you desire based on that.

Xbox did have decent games, but notice how those were at the beginning of the console's cycle and Microsoft never touched JRPGs again. They really tried to get the Japanese audience but failed. None of those games will get sequels.

PS4 will still continue getting the big majority of Tales games and if Persona 5 is exclusive for anyone, it'll be exclusive for Sony
#20UtterMoonPosted 10/18/2013 1:26:30 PM
If you're buying both..then I would go with the Xbone. But..I wouldn't want to get multiplatform games on the Xbone, and one would assume that you're going to be playing more than exclusives.