Do You Think Microsoft Will Reverse The DRM Again In The Future?

#1TigercmlPosted 10/16/2013 12:35:22 PM
Do You Think Microsoft Will Reverse The DRM Policy Back To Their Original Plan Sometime In The Future? - Results (123 votes)
Yes
73.17% (90 votes)
No
26.83% (33 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Do you think Microsoft will 180 again on their DRM policy sometime in the future?
#2SinisterSlayPosted 10/16/2013 12:37:33 PM
No, they will come up with a new version.

Hopefully a hybrid of digital games require 24 hour checkin, disc games do not.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#3Tigercml(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 12:43:42 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
No, they will come up with a new version.

Hopefully a hybrid of digital games require 24 hour checkin, disc games do not.

That's certainly plausible.
#4Hucast9Posted 10/16/2013 1:01:39 PM(edited)
Anyone who votes yes is either not rational or yet another fanboy who votes everything negative when it comes to Microsoft. If you vote yes you're basically saying that Microsoft is trying to trap us into buying the console only to impliment the drm later after they have your purchase.

Here's what may happen. They may choose to have Xbox One owners opt in for the original drm at a later date. Once you opt in for that, you can have your precious family plan where you can download whatever is on your account from anywhere if you have the user name and password. This would be optional, and not forced as was originally intended. Obviously theyre not going to say anything about this right now because this is an extremely sensitive topic.

The current model where you can use any disc in your disc drive will not be removed at any point next gen. You see, it would be suicide for Microsoft to all of a sudden impliment an on-line only plan at a later date. This is just plain common sense.
#5regsantotomasPosted 10/16/2013 12:59:56 PM
Going back to the original plan is impossible now that they have allowed offline gaming using discs.

I agree that it will likely be a hybrid model that can be opted into with digital delivery purchases but not disc based ones.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#6LICKWIDPAlNPosted 10/16/2013 1:48:37 PM
They have repeatedly said it will come back in some way shape or form.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#7LICKWIDPAlNPosted 10/16/2013 1:50:23 PM
Hucast9 posted...
Anyone who votes yes is either not rational or yet another fanboy who votes everything negative when it comes to Microsoft. If you vote yes you're basically saying that Microsoft is trying to trap us into buying the console only to impliment the drm later after they have your purchase.

Here's what may happen. They may choose to have Xbox One owners opt in for the original drm at a later date. Once you opt in for that, you can have your precious family plan where you can download whatever is on your account from anywhere if you have the user name and password. This would be optional, and not forced as was originally intended. Obviously theyre not going to say anything about this right now because this is an extremely sensitive topic.

The current model where you can use any disc in your disc drive will not be removed at any point next gen. You see, it would be suicide for Microsoft to all of a sudden impliment an on-line only plan at a later date. This is just plain common sense.

Your first paragraph is exactly what will happen if and when the get a decent install base.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#8khardboredPosted 10/16/2013 1:52:42 PM
You really think that will happen LICKWID? I mean honestly? I don't see MS waiting for a massive amount of users and then BAM, switching back to the old policies. It would be suicide. And they are not that dumb.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#9Joey-ZazaPosted 10/16/2013 1:57:41 PM
Why is it that there are so many paranoid people who post on gamefaqs? It's disturbing. It's like where all the socially inept and weird people go to voice their 'concerns' which if they told their shrink, would probably contact the police and just 'let them know' that they could very well be a danger to themselves and others.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#10LICKWIDPAlNPosted 10/16/2013 2:01:30 PM
khardbored posted...
You really think that will happen LICKWID? I mean honestly? I don't see MS waiting for a massive amount of users and then BAM, switching back to the old policies. It would be suicide. And they are not that dumb.

Of course it won't be as switch like as what you just said which is why I said "in some way shape or form"but anyone who pays attention when MS speaks knows they want and intend to bring it back.

If your understand the amount of money MS can make off of it then I can see how it's easy to wait till 10 or 20 million are in homes.

All jokes aside I do firmly believe it's coming back not because I hate MS but because I simply take heed when they speak. Their TOS alone leaves the door wide ooen for a reimplimentation.
---