Do You Think Microsoft Will Reverse The DRM Again In The Future?

#11LICKWIDPAlNPosted 10/16/2013 2:03:55 PM
Follow the money. That's it. No paranoia, no trolling... Just follow the money. You do that, it becomes clear as day.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#12Joey-ZazaPosted 10/16/2013 2:07:34 PM
You seem to lack faith that people wouldn't blindly follow such a poor business practice.

Here's a great example: Surface.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#13LICKWIDPAlNPosted 10/16/2013 2:14:36 PM
I never said people would blindly accept it as a whole but with the amount of apathy that gamers have, it's a real possibility. Just look at some stout defenders of it.
BUT, I will say this. There will be at least one other attempt before this gen is over. You can mark my words in that. As sure as I sit here typing this to you and all console bias aside, MS will re attempt a DRM strategy before its all said and done.

There is simply too much money to be made.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#14Joey-ZazaPosted 10/16/2013 2:15:53 PM
Well, then if that happens, they lose my business, and I'll let you gloat and tell me 'i told you so'.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#15LICKWIDPAlNPosted 10/16/2013 2:19:21 PM(edited)
Joey-Zaza posted...
Well, then if that happens, they lose my business, and I'll let you gloat and tell me 'i told you so'.

It's not even about gloating. I just don't want them to destroy my favorite past time in some blind pursuit of money.

Well there it is. You have unearthed the source of my massive distrust if MS. I don't want them killin my games.
---
#16SilentS89Posted 10/16/2013 2:18:59 PM
khardbored posted...
It would be suicide. And they are not that dumb.

That is literally the argument I heard back in April when people claimed Microsoft wouldn't adopt draconian DRM in the first place.

Microsoft IS that dumb. They have proven they are that dumb.
#17LICKWIDPAlNPosted 10/16/2013 2:21:29 PM
Honestly tho, DRM as it stood IS going to happen. MS just got abit ahead of themselves. It will be a slower process but... it will get there.

Im not gonna just roll over though.
---
#18LICKWIDPAlNPosted 10/16/2013 2:23:53 PM
SilentS89 posted...
khardbored posted...
It would be suicide. And they are not that dumb.

That is literally the argument I heard back in April when people claimed Microsoft wouldn't adopt draconian DRM in the first place.

Microsoft IS that dumb. They have proven they are that dumb.

3 years ago people would have said you are on drugs if a company would just blatantly do it like thatbut look where we are now. It might take 5 or 10 more years but it will happen. We just gotta hold out for as long as possible
---
#19Tigercml(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 2:30:41 PM(edited)
It's nice to see some nice civil posts. I really hope they don't bring back any type of DRM but part of me feels like they might. The DRM policies they had really wouldn't have even affected me because I buy physical only, don't sell/trade games, and my internet never goes out unless the power goes out and in that case I couldn't play the system anyway. It's the backpedaling that really makes me distrust Microsoft because they shouldn't have had to do it in the first place. I just hope they learned from their mistakes.
#20bob15xPosted 10/16/2013 2:28:09 PM
look at that, 41 ignorant clueless people