Do You Think Microsoft Will Reverse The DRM Again In The Future?

#21regsantotomasPosted 10/16/2013 2:33:40 PM
Tigercml posted...
It's nice to see some nice civil posts. I really hope they don't bring back any type of DRM but part of me feels like they might. The DRM policies they had really wouldn't have even affected me because I buy physical only, don't sell/trade games, and my internet never goes out unless the power goes out and in that case I couldn't play the system anyway. It's the backpedaling that really makes me distrust Microsoft because they shouldn't have had to do it in the first place. I just hope they learned from their mistakes.

Again, they have already indicated that they are considering some portions of their original policy in various interviews but reverting completely back to all the original policies across the board won't happen for very obvious reasons.

The hybrid model, however, is all but a certainty.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#22TheApd_ReturnsPosted 10/16/2013 2:38:40 PM
bob15x posted...
look at that, 41 ignorant clueless people

The board is currently the stomping ground for the Gamefaqs *****-and-giggles squad, just as the Wii U board was. Don't expect logic or genuine opinions until months after launch, from either the defenders or the attackers.
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF4 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
#23Tigercml(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 2:41:08 PM
regsantotomas posted...
Tigercml posted...
It's nice to see some nice civil posts. I really hope they don't bring back any type of DRM but part of me feels like they might. The DRM policies they had really wouldn't have even affected me because I buy physical only, don't sell/trade games, and my internet never goes out unless the power goes out and in that case I couldn't play the system anyway. It's the backpedaling that really makes me distrust Microsoft because they shouldn't have had to do it in the first place. I just hope they learned from their mistakes.

Again, they have already indicated that they are considering some portions of their original policy in various interviews but reverting completely back to all the original policies across the board won't happen for very obvious reasons.

Let's just hope that all their doing is considering and not implementing.
#24LICKWIDPAlNPosted 10/16/2013 2:42:24 PM
Tigercml posted...
regsantotomas posted...
Tigercml posted...

Let's just hope that all their doing is considering and not implementing.

Its up to gamers to decide what actually happens.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#25TeraPatrick2008Posted 10/18/2013 5:10:12 AM
Yes, and they will try to sell it as a feature.
#26kyncaniPosted 10/19/2013 5:29:18 AM
All the DRMs are coming back at a later date, they've always been pretty clear on that point.