One day online gaming will kill gaming as a whole

#1shotymePosted 10/16/2013 1:44:01 PM
It will happen..or at least I think.
---
Games: Dragon's Crown, Borderlands 2, NBA2k14, GTA5/Want: Watchdogs, Persona 5, Beyond, Guilty Gear Xrd
Sports: Titans, Oregon Ducks, NY Knicks, STL Cards
#2locky723Posted 10/16/2013 1:44:20 PM
How?
#3Joey-ZazaPosted 10/16/2013 1:45:22 PM
I've been asking everyone to PROVE IT. Prove what I said was wrong. Just PROVE IT.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#4shotyme(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 1:50:48 PM
locky723 posted...
How?

I just feel as it'll come to a point where every developer will adopt the online only approach and will eventually forget about other things that make a game standout such as things like: immersing you in it's world, unique gameplay, great writing and memorable characters, the music at times, and etc. Look at GTA5 as an example...most only cared for the online. I know not everyone cares for GTA but for those that do...who ever played GTA for it's online?
---
Games: Dragon's Crown, Borderlands 2, NBA2k14, GTA5/Want: Watchdogs, Persona 5, Beyond, Guilty Gear Xrd
Sports: Titans, Oregon Ducks, NY Knicks, STL Cards
#5lilj812Posted 10/16/2013 1:57:24 PM
shotyme posted...
locky723 posted...
How?

I just feel as it'll come to a point where every developer will adopt the online only approach and will eventually forget about other things that make a game standout such as things like: immersing you in it's world, unique gameplay, great writing and memorable characters, the music at times, and etc. Look at GTA5 as an example...most only cared for the online. I know not everyone cares for GTA but for those that do...who ever played GTA for it's online?

Single player gaming will always exist as long as gaming is possible.
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#6billsfanno1Posted 10/16/2013 1:58:26 PM
shotyme posted...
It will happen..or at least I think.

Probably, at least from a GenX perspective. A generation ago arcade gamers probably thought "one day home consoles will kill gaming as a whole". Gaming must evolve to stay relevant. While I don't care for most online games, my kids have no interest in single player campaigns.
#7Joey-ZazaPosted 10/16/2013 1:59:02 PM
Well with each passing generation with decreasing work ethic, the boom is over and gaming is dying.

Eventually we'll all be dead, rotting in the ground. Forgotten in the wind.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-