Proof that online connectivity is better on xbox live?

#71zephirrainesPosted 10/17/2013 1:01:38 PM
Is it just me or are the sony trolls just getting desperate now. Sony admits to not improving psn and MS is making their hands down superior service even better. That is the no brainer
#72Killah PriestPosted 10/17/2013 1:05:34 PM
If you're trying to include me as a sony troll, thats so laughable.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#73TrickyPonyPosted 10/17/2013 1:10:55 PM
I don't think he was. Your case appears to be a result of you moving closer to sony's servers. Stilll, on the whole, most people that post on gamefaqs live further from sony servers than they do ms servers for some strange reason.
#74Ultima GundamPosted 10/17/2013 1:26:34 PM
zephirraines posted...
Is it just me or are the sony trolls just getting desperate now. Sony admits to not improving psn and MS is making their hands down superior service even better. That is the no brainer

Calling your bluff on sony saying they arent updating psn at all.
#75CapwnDPosted 10/17/2013 1:35:15 PM(edited)
I don't think he was referring to you Killah Priest.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#76Killah PriestPosted 10/17/2013 1:44:09 PM
Guess I'm just so used to being called a troll or a fanboy every time I post.

Thats not to say I don't deserve it sometimes lol.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#77Theninja2004Posted 10/17/2013 3:38:08 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
Now that I've dealt with that silly poster above, this is what I have noticed about PSN vs XBL over the last few years with the Xbox 360 and PS3

- PSN FREE / can make up to 64 different accounts on each PS3; XBL $60 a year / Each new account must have its own $60 a year subscription to Gold to use XBL. Playstation 3 wins. This is no contest.

- Before the hack attack against Sony in 2011, downloading speeds for games, movies, etc were much slower over PSN than Xbox Live. Since then, the downloading speeds for PSN have increased to be on a par with XBL for the most part. I can in fact download a rental HD movie faster over PSN than over XBL. Games still seem much quicker to download over XBL though.

- Online gameplay is identical over both services. Anyone who says otherwise is either a fanboy or woefully misinformed.

- The PSN store at times can be slow. NOT, "OMG! This is taking forever!" slow, just somewhat slower in comparison to maneuvering through XBL.

- PSN does MANY more system updates than Xbox Live. It seems at least once a month. Spending 10 to 15 minutes in the update queue can be annoying if you just want to jump in and play a game online or rent a movie.

- Party Chat over XBL is obviously superior in all aspects. This is no contest.

So, unless mic chat or price is a concern for anyone, the services are basically comparable.

-

Wait so your comparisons right there, whether true or not cos psn store is really slow tbf and does get annoying at times and is slower at least i think for downloading, make it effectively 4 - 1 in favour of the Xbox yet you say its comparable? Uh don't think that's right maybe if it was 2 - 2 etc.
---
Gamertag : Slashingwind
#78ILikesCheesePosted 10/17/2013 5:59:05 PM
vashtricham posted...
Very true even the slim wireless is horrible. Always use wired on ps3.

Not true. I also have the Slim and wireless is as I stated in my above post. Perhaps though I should have mentioned that I live in a fairly large metropolitan area and have a high tier cable internet connection. Those who live in more rural areas may be farther from Sony (or Xbox) servers and thus experience slower connection speeds.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#79ILikesCheesePosted 10/17/2013 6:06:57 PM
Theninja2004 posted...
Wait so your comparisons right there, whether true or not cos psn store is really slow tbf and does get annoying at times and is slower at least i think for downloading, make it effectively 4 - 1 in favour of the Xbox yet you say its comparable? Uh don't think that's right maybe if it was 2 - 2 etc.

That's not hard to read at all. Very clear post there. (Sarcasm)

Take all of my points, mesh them together, and you have good and bad elements from both services that, yes, indeed make both services comparable. A major note that hasn't been mentioned much in this thread is that online gameplay is identical. Also, streaming works much better on PSN for me (whether through Netflix, Amazon or the PSN store) than it does over Xbox Live. I never stream on XBL anymore but download the videos because of this.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#80vashtrichamPosted 10/17/2013 6:45:33 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
vashtricham posted...
Very true even the slim wireless is horrible. Always use wired on ps3.

Not true. I also have the Slim and wireless is as I stated in my above post. Perhaps though I should have mentioned that I live in a fairly large metropolitan area and have a high tier cable internet connection. Those who live in more rural areas may be farther from Sony (or Xbox) servers and thus experience slower connection speeds.

I have a slim and a phat 60 gb both get the same very slow wireless speeds but normal wired. GTA took close to a hour to download wired on my phat but 8 hours wireless on my slim.
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam