Just canceled my PS4 pre-order...

#1danl0134Posted 10/16/2013 5:14:23 PM
...And bought an Xbox One through Best Buy. I've never bought a system at launch, but now that I can afford one, I decided to pick one this season.

I had pre-ordered the PS4 through Amazon back in July but after seeing practically nothing in the release window that appealed to me, I decided to go for an XBox One instead. It seems like Microsoft is really trying to make good with consumers this fall after the debacle that was E3.

I preordered it with Dead Rising 3 and I'm sure I'll pick up a couple other games in December. Crimson Dragon and KI are both instant downloads for me as well.

I'm pretty happy with this decision. This generation I did not care for the PS3 for some reason. I loved some of the exclusives it offered (The Last of Us, Uncharted, some Japanese games, etc.) but overall I was much more 360-centric. I'll pick up a PS4 later down the line, as it does look like an amazing piece of hardware, but really it just seems like a spec upgrade from the PS3 and doesn't seem to offer anything that says "Next Gen". The Kinect is sort of gimmicky, but Microsoft will be sure to innovate with their UI as they did this gen with the 360.

I'm not a brand loyalist at all but I'm much happier with my decision to go with the Xbox instead of Playstation first, slower/more dated hardware be damned. I use multimedia functions as much, if not more than gaming so this was also a factor.

Did anyone else on these boards do something similar? I'll be joining some discussions on this board from here on out. Hi Xbox One board!
---
Great job!
PSN - CameraManDan, XBL - CameraManDanXBL
#2Gamer4e4Posted 10/16/2013 5:18:33 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3s2goodPosted 10/16/2013 5:22:19 PM
I've got both paid for and pre ordered.

But I don't believe your story at all.
---
PSN = Dragon--Punch Gamertag = Sonic B0000M
PS4 & Xbox One Pre Ordered
#4chrish909Posted 10/16/2013 5:22:56 PM
Honestly I think alot of people will be cancelling their preorders this month. I want a ps4, but im not a fan of killzone(its trash imo). And Im not going to drop 400 on a console to play original ips that look very dull (knack and driveclub).

Alot of people arent fans of killzone, look at its sales. I think alot of peolple preordered expecting a bigger lineup.
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#5regsantotomasPosted 10/16/2013 5:23:21 PM
Welcome to the boards.

I actually had both PS4 and Xbox One pre-ordered within minutes of them being available on Amazon.

I cancelled my PS4 order only because there wasn't really anything at launch that was particularly compelling on that console though I know that I will eventually pick one up when enough exclusives are available that I want to play.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#6ironmaidenfan70Posted 10/16/2013 5:24:51 PM
s2good posted...

Have both also,and dont believe tc story,its just coming off trollie.

Cool story bro.
---
I used to do drugs. I still do drugs. But I used to, too.-Mitch Hedberg
#7danl0134(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 5:29:19 PM
s2good posted...

...okay? Why wouldn't you believe it? Xbox is simply more appealing to me right now. Definitely not trolling. Hopefully my pre-order for the PS4 can become available to someone else who'd like to get it at launch.
---
Great job!
#8danl0134(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 5:31:34 PM
chrish909 posted...
Honestly I think alot of people will be cancelling their preorders this month. I want a ps4, but im not a fan of killzone(its trash imo). And Im not going to drop 400 on a console to play original ips that look very dull (knack and driveclub).

Alot of people arent fans of killzone, look at its sales. I think alot of peolple preordered expecting a bigger lineup.

Yeah, I had the Killzone bundle pre-ordered. I've never played one before, and I'm a moderate fan of FPS games, but there's just something about it that I couldn't find appealing. The gameplay vids seem to showcase the best graphics of any game for any system at launch though, IMO.
---
Great job!
#9triple sPosted 10/16/2013 5:37:20 PM
danl0134 posted...
...And bought an Xbox One through Best Buy. I've never bought a system at launch, but now that I can afford one, I decided to pick one this season.

I had pre-ordered the PS4 through Amazon back in July but after seeing practically nothing in the release window that appealed to me, I decided to go for an XBox One instead. It seems like Microsoft is really trying to make good with consumers this fall after the debacle that was E3.

I preordered it with Dead Rising 3 and I'm sure I'll pick up a couple other games in December. Crimson Dragon and KI are both instant downloads for me as well.

I'm pretty happy with this decision. This generation I did not care for the PS3 for some reason. I loved some of the exclusives it offered (The Last of Us, Uncharted, some Japanese games, etc.) but overall I was much more 360-centric. I'll pick up a PS4 later down the line, as it does look like an amazing piece of hardware, but really it just seems like a spec upgrade from the PS3 and doesn't seem to offer anything that says "Next Gen". The Kinect is sort of gimmicky, but Microsoft will be sure to innovate with their UI as they did this gen with the 360.

I'm not a brand loyalist at all but I'm much happier with my decision to go with the Xbox instead of Playstation first, slower/more dated hardware be damned. I use multimedia functions as much, if not more than gaming so this was also a factor.

Did anyone else on these boards do something similar? I'll be joining some discussions on this board from here on out. Hi Xbox One board!

You actually sound a lot like me.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#10triple sPosted 10/16/2013 5:39:21 PM
Only on the Xbox One board can you be called a troll for going with the Xbox One instead of a PS4....
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22