Just canceled my PS4 pre-order...

#71KillerCabalPosted 10/17/2013 5:42:10 AM
danl0134 posted...
...And bought an Xbox One through Best Buy. I've never bought a system at launch, but now that I can afford one, I decided to pick one this season.

I had pre-ordered the PS4 through Amazon back in July but after seeing practically nothing in the release window that appealed to me, I decided to go for an XBox One instead. It seems like Microsoft is really trying to make good with consumers this fall after the debacle that was E3.

I preordered it with Dead Rising 3 and I'm sure I'll pick up a couple other games in December. Crimson Dragon and KI are both instant downloads for me as well.

I'm pretty happy with this decision. This generation I did not care for the PS3 for some reason. I loved some of the exclusives it offered (The Last of Us, Uncharted, some Japanese games, etc.) but overall I was much more 360-centric. I'll pick up a PS4 later down the line, as it does look like an amazing piece of hardware, but really it just seems like a spec upgrade from the PS3 and doesn't seem to offer anything that says "Next Gen". The Kinect is sort of gimmicky, but Microsoft will be sure to innovate with their UI as they did this gen with the 360.

I'm not a brand loyalist at all but I'm much happier with my decision to go with the Xbox instead of Playstation first, slower/more dated hardware be damned. I use multimedia functions as much, if not more than gaming so this was also a factor.

Did anyone else on these boards do something similar? I'll be joining some discussions on this board from here on out. Hi Xbox One board!

Blogfaqs woowoo
#72chrish909Posted 10/17/2013 5:49:57 AM
Hey bushido, not too long ago you were trolling the x1 forum as a sony fanboy. Now it seems you switched sides, what happened?
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#73BloodyDove2vsPosted 10/17/2013 5:55:11 AM
Your shall be the first to see red.
---
(resistance is futile) Red light of Death 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#74TeraPatrick2008Posted 10/18/2013 4:31:11 AM
Again, I don't believe a word. Sounds like just another fake story writen by someone the M$ PR sent out to the forums.
#75danl0134(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 7:00:46 AM
TeraPatrick2008 posted...
Again, I don't believe a word. Sounds like just another fake story writen by someone the M$ PR sent out to the forums.

Yes, I obviously work for Microsoft since I've stated repeatedly that I'm getting both systems and that the PS4 will eventually be an amazing system.

Ugh. Why bother posting?
---
Great job!
PSN - CameraManDan, XBL - CameraManDanXBL
#76zeekcruz425Posted 10/18/2013 12:18:37 PM
I had both PS3 and 360 for a long time, i bought a 360 when it first came out and bought a ps3 like 3 years ago. i would go months without touching my ps3 waiting for a worth while game, although Killzone was hype it never stuck with me.. but one exclusive i tip my hat to on ps3 is The Last of Us. What an amazing game that was.. I loved it! i beat it and then i sold my ps3 because it was just taking up space on my TV stand... when the next gen consoles got announced i was excited the ps4 looks amazing but in all honesty im just xbox branded... i will eventually pick up a ps4 especially if they make anymore games like TLoU! but for launch i preorderd X1 and i cannot wait! The games imo look more attractive, forza 5, Titanfall, halo 5, ect
---
GT MERK uNd HeaD
God is love.
#77danl0134(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 12:31:26 PM
zeekcruz425 posted...
I had both PS3 and 360 for a long time, i bought a 360 when it first came out and bought a ps3 like 3 years ago. i would go months without touching my ps3 waiting for a worth while game, although Killzone was hype it never stuck with me.. but one exclusive i tip my hat to on ps3 is The Last of Us. What an amazing game that was.. I loved it! i beat it and then i sold my ps3 because it was just taking up space on my TV stand... when the next gen consoles got announced i was excited the ps4 looks amazing but in all honesty im just xbox branded... i will eventually pick up a ps4 especially if they make anymore games like TLoU! but for launch i preorderd X1 and i cannot wait! The games imo look more attractive, forza 5, Titanfall, halo 5, ect

The Last of Us is easily one of my favorites from the current gen and should be experienced by anyone that is a gamer, Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo fans alike.
---
Great job!
PSN - CameraManDan, XBL - CameraManDanXBL