Should I be worried about MS "overclocking" the CPU & GPU?

#1Scarface720Posted 10/16/2013 7:48:06 PM
I really want to get the xb1 because I like the exclusives better and all my best friends are getting it, but I read somewhere that MS overclocked their CPU at the last minute which sounds like they haven't tested it very much. Can someone please ease my mind?
#2LEGEND_KILLERRRPosted 10/16/2013 7:52:11 PM
dude Microsoft made the Xbox one extremely big for the reasons of updating it and upclocking it for the future I know I'm sure many people are nervous aboutwhat happen with 360but there's no way in hell that can make the same mistake twice
---
Look out!
#3Foxx3kPosted 10/16/2013 7:52:58 PM
No. QED.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#4Scarface720(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 7:56:42 PM
I'd like to think that they wouldn't take a risk because they wouldn't want to lose a lot of money again. That is their motivation to make sure it works well which makes me feel better.
#5ExempliGratiaPosted 10/16/2013 7:58:24 PM
Scarface720 posted...
I really want to get the xb1 because I like the exclusives better and all my best friends are getting it, but I read somewhere that MS overclocked their CPU at the last minute which sounds like they haven't tested it very much. Can someone please ease my mind?

Just as much as PS4 owners will have to worry about the red line error. Which is little to none.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#6Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/16/2013 8:23:40 PM
LEGEND_KILLERRR posted...
dude Microsoft made the Xbox one extremely big for the reasons of updating it and upclocking it for the future I know I'm sure many people are nervous aboutwhat happen with 360but there's no way in hell that can make the same mistake twice

It's Microsoft, they constantly repeat mistakes.

Source. Windows
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#7nismo_R33Posted 10/16/2013 8:56:19 PM
ExampliaGratia posted...
Scarface720 posted...

Just as much as PS4 owners will have to worry about the red line error. Which is little to none.

Particularly as the PS4 doesn’t even have a red LED there just a blue and white…
---
Wishing they would release Starfox 2 on the VC...
#8DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/16/2013 8:57:39 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
LEGEND_KILLERRR posted...

It's Microsoft, they constantly repeat mistakes.

Source. Windows

Does that mean we should expect PS4 to have both DRE and YLOD because they keep repeating mistakes?
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#9Keeko_caPosted 10/16/2013 8:58:07 PM
Nope. Warranty.

...but Microsoft should.
---
I'm too busy being cooler than you.
#10ExempliGratiaPosted 10/16/2013 8:59:26 PM
nismo_R33 posted...
ExampliaGratia posted...
Scarface720 posted...

Particularly as the PS4 doesn’t even have a red LED there just a blue and white…

Oh really?

http://videogamescene.com/ps4-overheating-the-red-line-of-death/

Stop it. Don't talk about things you may not know.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia