Should I be worried about MS "overclocking" the CPU & GPU?

#21Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/17/2013 10:20:27 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
ExampliaGratia posted...
nismo_R33 posted...
ExampliaGratia posted...
Scarface720 posted...
I really want to get the xb1 because I like the exclusives better and all my best friends are getting it, but I read somewhere that MS overclocked their CPU at the last minute which sounds like they haven't tested it very much. Can someone please ease my mind?

Just as much as PS4 owners will have to worry about the red line error. Which is little to none.

Particularly as the PS4 doesn’t even have a red LED there just a blue and white…

Oh really?

http://videogamescene.com/ps4-overheating-the-red-line-of-death/

Stop it. Don't talk about things you may not know.

But he does know...its been debunked...in fact Yoshida denies this right below the article. Taking your own advice FTW
that was the whole point in saying, "just as much as ps4 owners have to worry" meaning, they don't have to worry at all.
#22Ramsus082Posted 10/17/2013 10:45:26 AM
Probably not, though I'd be a little concerned about their heat sensor that throttles energy, and therefore game performance. I'm hoping it's not calibrated too conservatively, on account of wanting to avoid another RROD era of gaming.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#23mrpicPosted 10/17/2013 11:01:14 AM
to put it simply op

both Ps4 and Xbox one use very similar CPU and GPU

ps4 is clocked higher slightly tell me are you worried about ps4 being overclocked?
#24assassin10133Posted 10/17/2013 11:05:23 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
LEGEND_KILLERRR posted...
dude Microsoft made the Xbox one extremely big for the reasons of updating it and upclocking it for the future I know I'm sure many people are nervous aboutwhat happen with 360but there's no way in hell that can make the same mistake twice

It's Microsoft, they constantly repeat mistakes.

Source. Windows

They also learn from their mistakes. Source: Windows XP coming shortly after the atrocious windows millennium and windows 7 coming shortly after the awful windows vista. Granted you'd hope they do it right the first time but at least they listened, saw the problems and fixed them, kinda like what happened with the XB1 after E3, imagine that...
#25reincarnator07Posted 10/17/2013 12:13:22 PM
assassin10133 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
LEGEND_KILLERRR posted...
dude Microsoft made the Xbox one extremely big for the reasons of updating it and upclocking it for the future I know I'm sure many people are nervous aboutwhat happen with 360but there's no way in hell that can make the same mistake twice

It's Microsoft, they constantly repeat mistakes.

Source. Windows

They also learn from their mistakes. Source: Windows XP coming shortly after the atrocious windows millennium and windows 7 coming shortly after the awful windows vista. Granted you'd hope they do it right the first time but at least they listened, saw the problems and fixed them, kinda like what happened with the XB1 after E3, imagine that...

Vista wasn't that bad. People were just putting it on crappy computers. After SP1, it's absolutely fine.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#26Bryant187Posted 10/17/2013 2:41:44 PM
Combo626 posted...
Yes, be afraid of this, and
- the Earth breaking out of the sun's gravitational pull and falling out of orbit...
- The Sky Falling
- The Sun exploding into a Super Nova
- Black Holes
- Drowning
- Being eaten by a giant cave dwelling spider
- Being buried alive
- Space Aliens invading and making us slaves
- Drinking expired milk

Did I miss anything?

Like the spider from Gilligans Island?
---
GamerTag - RevolverFist
#27AzaneAzerPosted 10/17/2013 2:43:35 PM(edited)
Don't worry at all, it worked out really well for the original 360's

Also, this is coming from a 360 fan, I just look at the negatives without any sony indications at all.