You guys do realize that launch exclusives are a horrible deciding factor?

#1dillpickle69Posted 10/17/2013 12:25:21 AM
I'll admit Microsoft isn't dropping the ball on the exclusives part (Though some are clearly just timed, but that's still a step ahead). But really, why would you judge the entire gen and go off getting an XBO just because of the exclusives? If you have other reasons that's a different story, but about 90% of the people that say they're getting a one say "it's only because of the exclusives and that's all that matters". That's kind of dumb, look at the beginning of this gen. If I preferred Resistance and Assassins Creed, then I would have gotten a Ps3, then a few years along the line Assassins Creed stops being an exclusive, and Resistance only gets a few games, and for all you know I could get interested in Gears of War but can't play because I decided at launch that all the games I want will be on the Ps3.

Now before being called a fanboy, I have both current gen systems, and plan to get both next gen systems along the line, but of course that won't be a proper flame shield.
---
"They don't love you, they won't pet sit your cats. As a matter of fact for fifty cents they'll beat you with a pool stick till your retinas detach."
#2FoppePosted 10/17/2013 1:09:05 AM
Assassins Creed was a PS3 exclusive?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#3tokenblackguy23Posted 10/17/2013 1:10:50 AM
Foppe posted...
Assassins Creed was a PS3 exclusive?

LMAO hahaha TC is High as a Kite lol
---
Baltimore Ravens!!!!!
#4dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 1:17:08 AM(edited)
*Facepalm*

1. That was an example and
2. It WAS when it first came out

Also it's funny how I even mentioned in my rant "...then a few years along the line Assassins Creed stops being an exclusive..."

Guessing you guys forget how to read when trying to make people look dumb, ironically.
---
"They don't love you, they won't pet sit your cats. As a matter of fact for fifty cents they'll beat you with a pool stick till your retinas detach."
#5METALINGUS5150Posted 10/17/2013 1:15:13 AM
Are there actually people who think launch exclusives are a good deciding factor?
#6FoppePosted 10/17/2013 1:16:28 AM
Assassins Creed was released on both the PS3 and 360 at November 13, 2007.
So how was it a PS3 exclusive when it first came out, if it was released the same day for both systems?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#7dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 1:23:42 AM(edited)
Foppe posted...
Assassins Creed was released on both the PS3 and 360 at November 13, 2007.
So how was it a PS3 exclusive when it first came out, if it was released the same day for both systems?

It wasn't announced as a multiplat, and up until near launch, everybody expected a Ps3 only title

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassins-creed-not-ps3-exclusive/1100-6156813/

Notice how they say 'No mention was given for the 360 version'
---
#8ApexMjolnirPosted 10/17/2013 1:24:18 AM
Launch exclusives are the deciding factor, for people picking up the system at launch.

Care to elaborate on how Buying a PS4 knowing that in a year you can play a game that was an exclusive to the Xbox One, especially if that game will likely be much cheaper on Xbox One by the time it makes it to the PS4.

I for one am only interested in the games that are console exclusive, which happen to be launch titles. I personally don't care if the PS4 will eventually get a game I can play on day one... on the Xbox One... and it definitely doesn't sway me to wait on getting a next gen console.

Regardless of what Microsoft has done in the past, Their exclusives, make them a no-brainer. Though I may pick up a PS4 once they figure out that they need a Gran Turismo game to sell more consoles, since I do not plan on waiting around for a good racing game, and I know the quality of Forza 5 is a good enough reason to make my decision to get the Xbox over whatever racing game the PS4 has coming out, which looks to be Sony's version of Horizon, which may actually be a great racing game, I am already more interested in Forza 5. Not even sure I will need another game until after Christmas, but I know I will have plenty of options to choose from for the Xbox One, and worst case scenario... by then people will already be in the middle of some stupid craze around at least one other game, and I won't need to figure out what else to pick up... without being educated first.
---
GT: Wonderpill
#9dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 1:24:59 AM
METALINGUS5150 posted...
Are there actually people who think launch exclusives are a good deciding factor?

Most people who say they're getting a One say it's because they're more interested in the lineup than anything else
---
#10dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 1:33:13 AM
ApexMjolnir posted...
Launch exclusives are the deciding factor, for people picking up the system at launch.

Care to elaborate on how Buying a PS4 knowing that in a year you can play a game that was an exclusive to the Xbox One, especially if that game will likely be much cheaper on Xbox One by the time it makes it to the PS4.

I for one am only interested in the games that are console exclusive, which happen to be launch titles. I personally don't care if the PS4 will eventually get a game I can play on day one... on the Xbox One... and it definitely doesn't sway me to wait on getting a next gen console.

Why would you buy an entire system based on the games at launch is the question. You make it sound as if when next gen consoles come out, you won't be able to play your current gen consoles and games and MUST immediately buy the next gen console with the best games. I'm fairly certain that most people that get a next gen console will play one or two games, maybe three, then go back to their current gen console for the majority of the time while waiting for new next gen games to come out, so yeah, exclusives aren't going to last you long, not nearly as long as your decision on which console you picked.

If (For example, since I have to point out when I make an example now apparently) you get an Xbox One because of Forza 5 and Titanfall. There's a fair chance you're going to spend one or two months playing them, then go back to your current gen games. You're telling me it's a wise choice to pick your system that will hopefully last you about 8 years, over that 1-2 months you spent playing those launch exclusives?
---