You guys do realize that launch exclusives are a horrible deciding factor?

#71shotymePosted 10/17/2013 9:15:19 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
shotyme posted...
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
Lol at the folks baseing an entire gen off a launch line up. MS does the same ush every time. Yoke up some timed exclusives for a year or 2 and then.... nothing but Forza and Halo till the end. Thats it. There is no precedent of MS sticking tgings out for tge long run.

This is true unfortunately. I was going to invest in a PS4 but seeing as the PS3 is still getting good games like MGSV, Dark Souls 2, etc...no need. Plus for Titanfall and Battlefield, I'll run them at full 60fps on my PC. Ill just pick up a X1 or PS4 controller. Who knows I might pick up "next-gen"(lol)

Oh look, the village idiots trying to enlighten us with their misinformed stupidity.

MS has a history of timed exclusives? Since when? They've only had two consoles and those two consoles have been drastically different. One cared for timed exclusives and another did not.

If we are going to go by this made up last gen history than the PS3 was pretty garbage and not worth buying until year 4 at least.

Of course this is not an accurate predictor at all so really, the people buying consoles off of known exclusives are much smarter than people basing it out of nothing at all like you two.

True Sony was late but at least it had stayimg power. Honestly this has always been Microsoft's problem, they rely to much on two or three brands to carry them. There will be be a point where they will have to produce more games. Halo, Gears, and Forza alone can't cut it no more. Also no need for name calling. I would say something back but I remembered this is the enet.
---
Games: Dragon's Crown, Borderlands 2, NBA2k14, GTA5/Want: Watchdogs, Persona 5, Beyond, Guilty Gear Xrd
Sports: Titans, Oregon Ducks, NY Knicks, STL Cards
#72VIC10U5Posted 10/17/2013 10:04:21 PM
METALINGUS5150 posted...
Are there actually people who think launch exclusives are a good deciding factor?

Yeah, because do you expect people to buy a console and then just sit on their thumbs? It's to play games and if there aren't any worth playing....
#73CapwnDPosted 10/17/2013 10:18:37 PM(edited)
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
Lol at the folks baseing an entire gen off a launch line up. MS does the same ush every time. Yoke up some timed exclusives for a year or 2 and then.... nothing but Forza and Halo till the end. Thats it. There is no precedent of MS sticking tgings out for tge long run.

Oh look, here's another guy that's saying "You'll see. In 2020 MS will stop having exclusives. You just wait. Greatness.Awaits... and waits... and waits.... "

Sorry bud. This is 2013. I'm not waiting for greatness. PS3 has shown how slow Sony systems are the first year or two.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#74Evel138Posted 10/18/2013 1:53:21 AM
What a bunch of presumptuous BS. A person throwing a f****** coin up in the air is just as valid of a "deciding factor" for what console they want to buy as any (if that's what they want to base the decision on).
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#75xninjagrrlPosted 10/18/2013 4:28:41 AM
I doubt most people who pre order launch day consoles do so for launch games. If you were an xboxer last gen, youll be an xboxer this gen. Thats just how its always worked. Now, for folks who end up owning both systems eventually, they may use launch games to decide which console they buy first.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#76scoobydoobydontPosted 10/18/2013 4:32:28 AM
Launch exclusives as a decider has never steered me wrong in over 20 years of gaming, but sure, just this time it's a horrible predictor. Because PS4 fails miserably by this metric. Pure coincidence, that.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#77DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/18/2013 5:38:46 AM
Oh look, the village idiots trying to enlighten us with their misinformed stupidity.

MS has a history of timed exclusives? Since when? They've only had two consoles and those two consoles have been drastically different. One cared for timed exclusives and another did not.

If we are going to go by this made up last gen history than the PS3 was pretty garbage and not worth buying until year 4 at least.

Of course this is not an accurate predictor at all so really, the people buying consoles off of known exclusives are much smarter than people basing it out of nothing at all like you two.

True Sony was late but at least it had stayimg power.

Yes, it stayed and it had power. But games, it did not have. MS has the exact same staying power. PS3 was a crap console for the first 4 years and MS was crap for the last two. I have no idea how PS3 has anymore staying power just because it had its games later.

Honestly this has always been Microsoft's problem, they rely to much on two or three brands to carry them.

Really? Seems like thats ONLY the case on XBO. On Xbox 360, they were carried by jRPGs, Shmups, indies, timed exclusives, online play, a much cheaper price that gave better performance, ridiculously suicidal warranty policies that would kill other companies and having the more popular exclusives.

There will be be a point where they will have to produce more games. Halo, Gears, and Forza alone can't cut it no more. Also no need for name calling. I would say something back but I remembered this is the enet.

Silly logic is silly. XB1 had far more games in the majority of the generations and the XB1 is now beating the crap out of PS4 in terms of exclusives. We are looking at a launch that is Dead Rising 3, Crimson Dragon, Ryse, Killer Instinct and Forza 5 vs Killzone SF and Driveclub. MS has also opened 4 new studios.

In 2014, we have Infamous, Driveclub, The Order and Guilty Gear going up against D4, Halo 5, Black Tusk, Titanfall, Fable Legends, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark, Kinect Sports and Kinect Sports rivals.

I have no idea what MS needs to worry about in this department. You guys trying to bring up select periods of times when Sony had a good library vs when MS didn't is a pretty terrible argument for whats going to happen this generation.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#78Cereal4youPosted 10/18/2013 6:01:16 AM
People forget Zoo Tycoon as a launch title......guess I am the only one getting that game for my niece to play....

anyways Wii U begs to differ look at it having no games and people not getting even though Nintendo tends to have the most exclusives that are worth getting....I knew it is going to get it when they announced a couple good games and guess what a price drop later I have Zelda Pikimen, and getting mario.... so by deciding on Launch exclusives and seeing WiiU have nothing I saved a little money on the console itself and now have games to play instead..

I am getting a XB1 AND PS4

I dont want Knack at all, never liked Killzone, and not into Infamous....

but I love Dead rising, Forza, Crimson dragon...

I am getting a XB1 first and by the time PS4 announces games worth getting it might have gone through its first price drop or not...but atleast I know I will be having fun on it instead of not.

but if you only get one console in its life time....go for your favorite brand...both will have great games to play now/ eventually.
#79Sin_Angelus_Posted 10/18/2013 2:00:05 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
I have no idea what MS needs to worry about in this department. You guys trying to bring up select periods of times when Sony had a good library vs when MS didn't is a pretty terrible argument for whats going to happen this generation.

Furthermore, people who keep repeating 360 has had no good exclusives the past few years are talking out of their ass. Going by publisher ranking and an average score of the exclusives overall, 360 has done better over the past 3 years than PS3:

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/game-publisher-rankings-for-2012-releases

So there goes the idea that Sony's exclusives will eventually surpass MS's based on this past gen. MS had the stronger exclusives overall and it's looking like they will this gen as well.
#80SoulTrapperPosted 10/18/2013 2:40:22 PM
Total PS4 exclusives announced (and unannounced but confirmed):

Infamous Second Son
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
DriveClub
The Order: 1886
Rime
Everyone's Gone to the Rapture
Lily Bergamo
Earth Defense Force
deep down
Shadow of the Beast
Unknown SSM title
Unknown Naughty Dog title
Unknown new Guerilla Games title

Total Xbox One exclusives announced (and unannounced but confirmed):

Ryse
Forza 5
Crimson Dragon
D4
Killer Instinct
Dead Rising 3
Peggle 2
Zumba
Powerstar Golf
Kinect Sports Rivals
New Halo title
Fable Legends
Unannounced Black Tusk Studios game

Everything else is multiplat or on pc as well.
---
PSN: El_Coon