Games with Gold now ongoing

#1pigman2003Posted 10/18/2013 4:29:30 AM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/10/18/xbox-live-games-with-gold-now-an-ongoing-benefit.aspx

Games with Gold is now ongoing, I imagine we won't see Xbox One games for awhile but it's still nice to know that this service is being offered as part of Gold forever, extended past it's previous December deadline.

I Really like this program, the games maybe old but all of them are good, are more importantly you get to keep them, once you download them you can play them offline, and without a subscription, you OWN them.
#2BadLuckIncPosted 10/18/2013 4:32:47 AM
Any one can argue "ewwww they are all just old games", yes this may be true at this present time, but we don't know what the future holds. Besides, who's banking on waiting for someone to give you something brand new for free? Buy the games you want, or rent, or borrow from a friend, and enjoy. If a Games for Gold game happens to come along that you like, play that too.

It really is a win-win for everyone. Who knows what sort of free stuff we may get with the X1 with this program =)
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~
Xbox 360: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#3Cereal4youPosted 10/18/2013 4:33:18 AM
Yea it will probably take a year or two for it to reach XB1 if it does that is but this is nothing but great news for Xbox users since I remember when I got PS+it started off as weak as GWG so hopefully games get better overtime..
#4JWJW99Posted 10/18/2013 4:36:21 AM
"Microsoft has announced this morning that its two-a-month free game program, Xbox Live Games with Gold, will now be an "ongoing benefit" for Xbox 360 owners. Microsoft states that in a recent survey, 97 percent of users approved of Games with Gold."

Giving free games to a system that they are not supporting anymore. Not a bad deal to keep people hooked on old generation.

You probably will not see any thing for the One until about 5 years down the road after it gets a game library built up.
#5BadLuckIncPosted 10/18/2013 4:40:37 AM
JWJW99 posted...
"Microsoft has announced this morning that its two-a-month free game program, Xbox Live Games with Gold, will now be an "ongoing benefit" for Xbox 360 owners. Microsoft states that in a recent survey, 97 percent of users approved of Games with Gold."

Giving free games to a system that they are not supporting anymore. Not a bad deal to keep people hooked on old generation.

You probably will not see any thing for the One until about 5 years down the road after it gets a game library built up.

I'd assume they'd pass out arcade type titles instead?
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~
Xbox 360: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#6JWJW99Posted 10/18/2013 4:45:47 AM
BadLuckInc posted...
JWJW99 posted...

I'd assume they'd pass out arcade type titles instead?

They could possible do that or you could see some of the same games cycle over and over if they wanted to also do that.

This should have been done in first place instead of making it end at the end of the year.
#7KillerCabalPosted 10/18/2013 4:47:50 AM
old old games come and get your 4 year old games here.
#8Sniper_BrosefPosted 10/18/2013 5:01:32 AM
Now we just need this to carry over to XBO.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#9Ch3wyPosted 10/18/2013 5:04:11 AM
It's just a way for the man to get you to buy more of their proprietary hard drives.

I didn't get Crackdown or Dead Rising because I'm not about to play into his trap. I have a "20" GB hard drive and that's all I'm gonna have.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#10omega1110Posted 10/18/2013 5:08:05 AM
KillerCabal posted...
old old games come and get your 4 year old games here.

Gladly! Already saved some money had planned on Getting Dead Rising 2 someday I had just been waiting for Gamestop to sell it for $10 or less and I had been fighting the urge to rebuy Halo 3 for nostalgia for years.
---
" I thought you were going to fight alone; I
said come alone...I didn't say anything about me." G.O.B.