Xbox one, Original Xbox acronyms. Please learn these to make things easier.

#31FoppePosted 10/18/2013 6:30:16 AM
X1 = Original Xbox
X2 = Xbox 360
X3 = Xbox One
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#32gray_fox_00Posted 10/18/2013 8:28:29 AM
knightimex posted...
XBO = Xbox One

OXB = Original Xbox

That is all.

Nope, can't have that. They're anagrams of each other and that just might confuse word puzzle enthusiasts.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#33lilj812Posted 10/18/2013 9:02:01 AM
Just call it xbox and xbone? Problem solved.
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#34LonethernetPosted 10/18/2013 11:00:35 AM
Ch3wy posted...
roddair posted...
Ch3wy posted...
knightimex posted...
Foppe posted...
Xbox = Original Xbox
Xbox One = Xbox One.

To save typing, those 2 examples are not ideal.

Neither are yours.

X1 = Xbox One
X = Original Xbox

Can't reduce it by any more letters than that.

Sorry can't have X that's for kisses.

Kisses will now be K.

Kan I haz kissez?
---
Been here for years but signed up before the dawn of the 8th gen for the boards! Going all out this time. Weirdtown user Lonethernet
#35RybalPosted 10/18/2013 11:09:41 AM
knightimex posted...
So if I said this as an example would you understand?

Would the X1 have the same level of capabilities as the X1 when it comes to TV viewing?

^ This will obviously confuse the hell out of you.

Now if I said it as....

Would the XBO have the same level of capabilities as the X1 when it comes to TV viewing?

You would obviously know what I was talking about.

Except that no one would ever actually say anything like that except when trying to make a point and trying to be confusing.

That's like me trying to argue against your use of OXB to mean "Original Xbox" because someone could type out "Did you have to remove your OXB at OXB when you were there last week?" (OXB, in this case being an airport code)

SilentS89 posted...
It is a bad tradition. We shouldn't willingly and knowingly follow bad traditions.

Bad tradition? Go to an acronym website (such as www.acronymfinder.com). I typed in three letters, which happened to be "JEC" in this instance, and it spit out 19 different acronyms/abbreviations. Many of the acronyms are obscure, but that doesn't change the initial issue. The problem is that there are only so many combinations of letters and numbers when you are trying to create an acronym, especially when you are trying to make it easy to remember and use.
---
Brand loyalty is most evident in Apple acolytes - the Applytes - that most rabid of fan bases who will buy a brand new device with every minor upgrade
#36TeleriumPosted 10/18/2013 11:15:09 AM
Foppe posted...
Xbox = Original Xbox
Xbox One = Xbox One.

To save typing, those 2 examples are not ideal.

How about;
Original Xbox=Xbox/Xbox One (after 360's release)
Xbox One=Stupid name. Maybe Xbox 720/900/1080 (:O see what I did thar?) or "infinity" or ANYTHING but Xbox One...?

Lonethernet posted...
Kan I haz kissez?

Also yes.
#37knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 9:43:57 PM
I'm still going to use xbo for xbox one, because I know you guys won't be able to un-see it.

<3
---
Games I'm currently playing: Final Fantasy 9 (ps1), Serious Sam 3 BFE (pc)