Why are some people upset about the Xone ads?

#31Laylow12Posted 10/20/2013 12:04:53 PM
There's people in this thread defending commercials.... Commercials on a video game console!!!
Commercials, really?? Hahaha!

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#32bob15xPosted 10/20/2013 12:09:16 PM
Keep in mind that MS is giving you the choice. Not sure if anyone installed windows 8.1 but there are settings there to turn off the advertising collecting. I am sure it will be the same way with xbox one.

then there is google that rips it out of you without even your knowledge.

I am ok with the ad stuff if you have the choice to opt out which looks like MS is giving you that option. So if that is correct, then no one has any right to complain because there is nothing to complain about.
#33FoppePosted 10/20/2013 12:15:41 PM
hiplock posted...
You have to look at who is actually getting paid to advertise. If you sign up for cable, cable's not getting money for those commercials. The tv shows are. That's how television programs make their money.

You sure about that?
Because around here, a production company create/pays for the TV shows.
Then the TV Channels buys the rights to air the TV shows from the production company.
And the TV channels get paid for showing commercials.
Now I know that it may be confusing when the TV channel owners also owns production companies, but it's still the same basic steps.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC