Xbox One Vs PS4 overheating issues?

#1Exodus_PrimePosted 10/18/2013 3:16:43 PM
My question is and one of my worries going so close to next gen release, will we have overheating issues with either console? we all know the Infamous (see what I did there) RROD from the 360 the slim models cured that issue. Some PS3's also had overheating issues, what did they call it? yellow light of death?

Do you guys think the Xbox One will have the same fate?

How about the PS4 it has already been reported overheating/freezing two times.

Both consoles seem to have warning mechanisms when they start overheating so you can see it coming if you're smart about it. Here's the article for both consoles and their "warning" signs for overheating.

Xbox One:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/13/xbox-one-can-regulate-power-to-prevent-overheating

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/14/xbox-one-will-automatically-adjust-when-overheating/

PlayStation 4:

http://www.geek.com/games/red-line-ps4-overheats-at-sony-event-1573962/

http://www.ps3news.com/playstation-4-ps4-news/video-playstation-4-freezing-ps4-overheating-issue-speculation/
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#2JohnWall32Posted 10/18/2013 3:19:35 PM
I run a fan on my 360 when I play a game like zombies...which could last 6-8 hrs lol...I'll probably do the same for long sessions on my x1 and ps4...why not.
#3MetroidFan9999Posted 10/18/2013 3:21:49 PM
"Hey guys, will these consoles break down? I know it's a month away and no one owns them now but...."

"...Xbox One vs. PS4 GO GO GO!"

EP's topics in a nutshell.

Queue EP alts in 3...2...1...
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#4Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 3:22:59 PM
JohnWall32 posted...
I run a fan on my 360 when I play a game like zombies...which could last 6-8 hrs lol...I'll probably do the same for long sessions on my x1 and ps4...why not.

Wait wait...when you say zombie games do you mean like Halo zombies? or Black Ops zombies? or State Of Decay zombies?
---
Because I can buy both.
#5HalecticPosted 10/18/2013 3:25:10 PM
Want to know how to prevent overheating?

Dont lock your console in a closed box like demo units are.
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#6JohnWall32Posted 10/18/2013 3:27:47 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
JohnWall32 posted...

Wait wait...when you say zombie games do you mean like Halo zombies? or Black Ops zombies? or State Of Decay zombies?

cod
#7IminyourclosetPosted 10/18/2013 3:59:47 PM
Those PS4's didn't overheat. They gave a warning that they were close to overheating (because they were sealed in airtight plastic cases for 8 hours while switched on), and then they were fine after they were taken out. So far no PS4 has actually broken from overheating, unlike some X1s.

This is more subtle than your usual troll attempts (particularly those topics you made on the PS4 board that were deleted by mods), but became obvious when your two X1 links were about the anti-overheat measures it has, while the two PS4 links were specifically about PS4s overheating.
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#8Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 12:05:07 PM
Iminyourcloset posted...
Those PS4's didn't overheat. They gave a warning that they were close to overheating (because they were sealed in airtight plastic cases for 8 hours while switched on), and then they were fine after they were taken out. So far no PS4 has actually broken from overheating, unlike some X1s.

This is more subtle than your usual troll attempts (particularly those topics you made on the PS4 board that were deleted by mods), but became obvious when your two X1 links were about the anti-overheat measures it has, while the two PS4 links were specifically about PS4s overheating.

First off, get out of my closet. Second usual troll posts? because I post comparing both consoles? I'm sorry not everyone praises the almighty PS4 or if you're butt hurt over the fact that it did overheat and FROZE, The Xbox One is also in a glass case I haven't seen any videos or links about it freezing if I had found some I would of posted some links to it as well derp. Also derp the Xbox links were about the anti-overheat measures it has, the video about the PS4 freezing also explains about the red line being anti-overheating which is why I was comparing both consoles, you obviously have trouble telling the difference between a non troll and an actual troll, there are plenty on here take your pick. It's not my fault the mods are biased It has been proven time and time again, they let the troll topics on this board go for days or don't delete them at all, but on the PS4 boards anything negative about the PS4 when compared to X1 it gets taken down.

I post on both boards because I plan on getting both consoles, maybe if you didn't spend all the time in my closet you could understand what a real troll is. Good day enjoy your console of choice.
---
Because I can buy both.
#9triple sPosted 10/21/2013 12:09:39 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Iminyourcloset posted...

First off, get out of my closet. Second usual troll posts? because I post comparing both consoles? I'm sorry not everyone praises the almighty PS4 or if you're butt hurt over the fact that it did overheat and FROZE, The Xbox One is also in a glass case I haven't seen any videos or links about it freezing if I had found some I would of posted some links to it as well derp. Also derp the Xbox links were about the anti-overheat measures it has, the video about the PS4 freezing also explains about the red line being anti-overheating which is why I was comparing both consoles, you obviously have trouble telling the difference between a non troll and an actual troll, there are plenty on here take your pick. It's not my fault the mods are biased It has been proven time and time again, they let the troll topics on this board go for days or don't delete them at all, but on the PS4 boards anything negative about the PS4 when compared to X1 it gets taken down.

I post on both boards because I plan on getting both consoles, maybe if you didn't spend all the time in my closet you could understand what a real troll is. Good day enjoy your console of choice.

Welcome to the Xbox One board, the only board where PS fanboys will call Xbox One "fans" trolls for mentioning anything positive about the Xbox One or saying anything that has an ounce of negativity about the PS4.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#10khardboredPosted 10/21/2013 12:10:43 PM
I don't think over heating will be an issue with either console. I am not saying that it isn't possible, because it is. I am saying that technology today is far more capable of intervening before heat gets to the point of damaging hardware.

If the reports on the PS4 can be believed, than the PS4 has a system in place to warn you of the console heating up. It's safe to assume that once you pass a certain thermal threshold that the console will shut down. The same assumption can be made about the Xbox One.

So I honestly don't believe we'll see heat related issues this generation unless there is some kind of minor/major oversight made that directly correlates to how the consoles handle hardware that gets hot.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */