Why are many fanboys "one-console" gamers? Xbox 1 will have great games, period.

#1TerraUniversePosted 10/18/2013 8:12:52 PM
I don't understand why someone would spend so much time in fanboyism. The fact of the matter is, great games will come on both systems. There's a lot of criticism against the Xbox One right now, especially by core gamers, even though I think the Xbox One will do surprisingly well with the casual crowd and families.

The Xbox One has corrected the major point of contention which was the used games policy. It's now exactly the same as the PS4.

The Xbox One is going to have great games and for anyone to say that the Xbox One is not worth getting, they are missing out on games. The Xbox 360 has the Halo series, the Gears of War series, the Forza, all quality titles. There's no way a gamer can dismiss the Xbox One, completely.

If anyone is going to compare Xbox and Playstation so much, why not get both consoles? You can't really compare them, unless you play with them both and try the exclusives from both sides. If you've never played Halo, for example, you don't really know what Halo is about and what makes its multiplayer so popular, as well as the production value of the Halo series.

Both the Playstation and Xbox consoles are going to have great games, and either console will get you great exclusives, basically the Xbox One is an excellent console to get.
#2MaverickneoPosted 10/18/2013 8:14:10 PM
Not everyone has $1000 + to drop on both consoles.

People usually go for one of them first and wait for a price drop on the other.
#3Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 10/18/2013 8:14:49 PM
because that would be boring....
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#4TerraUniverse(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 8:17:01 PM
Maverickneo posted...
Not everyone has $1000 + to drop on both consoles.

People usually go for one of them first and wait for a price drop on the other.

You don't have to get both at the same time, but certainly, you don't have to limit yourself to one console either. I guess I'm speaking more about people who only choose one console. It doesn't make sense to me that someone who gets both consoles, would criticize one of the consoles they own all the time, so that's why I'm assuming that people who dismiss everything about Xbox for example, haven't tried it.
#5ArkonBladePosted 10/18/2013 8:17:43 PM
I give you your answer to the Fanboy problem

http://insight.kellogg.northwestern.edu/article/leave_my_brand_alone
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#6XtremeWRATH360Posted 10/18/2013 8:46:08 PM
TerraUniverse posted...
The Xbox One is going to have great games and for anyone to say that the Xbox One is not worth getting, they are missing out on games. The Xbox 360 has the Halo series, the Gears of War series, the Forza, all quality titles. There's no way a gamer can dismiss the Xbox One, completely.

When the company behind the system charges more for their system and forces you to pay extra for a device you may or may not use it becomes very easy to dismiss the system, im sorry but these anti consumer practices don't deserve rewarding.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#7SilentS89Posted 10/18/2013 8:50:16 PM
The Video Game Industry isn't a vacuum. The success or failure of products influence other products. Xbox One will send the industry a bad message if it succeeds. That message being that you can charge more and offer inferior tech.

That isn't a message I want to send. I am not shortsighted enough to allow a few great games to damage the industry with that message.
#8DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/18/2013 8:55:48 PM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
TerraUniverse posted...

When the company behind the system charges more for their system and forces you to pay extra for a device you may or may not use it becomes very easy to dismiss the system, im sorry but these anti consumer practices don't deserve rewarding.

Why are we talking about the PS3 exactly?
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#9scoobydoobydontPosted 10/18/2013 8:58:58 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
TerraUniverse posted...

Why are we talking about the PS3 exactly?

He must hate Sony. What a jerk.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#10jellybeanmasterPosted 10/18/2013 9:19:01 PM
you sound just like me TC. if you have both its a win/win for you. ALL of my friends have sided with 360 this gen and wont even give ps3 a chance. but what ive come to realize is, its not not having the money to own both cuz u can buy one now and another later. but its the TIME people dont have. only the truly hardcore are willing make time to be switching back and forth between consoles. if you only have one, you know whats out there for it and know what to look forward to. for the last few years, my friends only had to worry about getting the new CoD or some other AAA multiplat since 360 exclusives were very far apart. me on the other hand, had to worry about CoD AND whatever exclusive was dropping from Sony every 2-3 months, or what PS+ games i was getting that month. while my friends play that ONE game every time, im over here balancing my play time with them and my other games. kind of becomes are crazy juggling act and a lot of people just cant bother.
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,