Why are many fanboys "one-console" gamers? Xbox 1 will have great games, period.

#31vashtrichamPosted 10/19/2013 3:17:49 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
So they pushed for bluray which is now the standard... Those sony bastards did it again.... Someone is really reaching

Actually, so far, Bluray seems like nothing except terrible for gaming...

For one thing, the increased format size is useless since people are now installing games to the HDD anyways, which is like 10x faster for load speeds.

What HAS happened is that now games take a ridiculous amount of our HDD space instead. Games like Killzone are 50gb while PC games with better graphics and more content only take up a fraction of the resources.

The only person that benefitted was Sony because now they've won their format war. I know you were trying to be smart but you were being pretty dumb since the argument was that it was standardized because they forced it on us with our money.

Ya so dumb of me, sony forced other consoles to use blu ray or a form of blu ray huh
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#32DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/19/2013 3:20:01 AM
vashtricham posted...

And lets not forget Msoft knowing of the RROD problem during production and instead of changing how they make the system they choose to ignore it and sell us faulty systems knowingly just to keep their headstart. Ya Thats more anti consumer than Bluray and cell architecture

Sorry but hell no. RROD is bad but anti-consumer it was not. It was one of the most ridiculous warranties in electronics history that costed the company $2 billion. The PS2 had extremely high failure rates as well with a large portion of consoles being dead on arrival just because of anti piracy issues. PS2 had to be sued SUCCESSFULLY for them to LEGALLY admit the issue and then, they still did not do anything to remedy the situation for those with busted consoles.

MS is far better in this department. People could get new consoles without any questions. I killed my 360 just so I could get a new model with HDMI. This hurt MS more than anyone else.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#33vashtrichamPosted 10/19/2013 3:24:24 AM(edited)
vashtricham posted...

And lets not forget Msoft knowing of the RROD problem during production and instead of changing how they make the system they choose to ignore it and sell us faulty systems knowingly just to keep their headstart. Ya Thats more anti consumer than Bluray and cell architecture

Sorry but hell no. RROD is bad but anti-consumer it was not. It was one of the most ridiculous warranties in electronics history that costed the company $2 billion. The PS2 had extremely high failure rates as well with a large portion of consoles being dead on arrival just because of anti piracy issues. PS2 had to be sued SUCCESSFULLY for them to LEGALLY admit the issue and then, they still did not do anything to remedy the situation for those with busted consoles.

MS is far better in this department. People could get new consoles without any questions. I killed my 360 just so I could get a new model with HDMI. This hurt MS more than anyone else.

Fanboy confirmed there is no excuse for knowingly selling rrod consoles just for their benefit that is the definition of anti consumer. They got sued about it aswell hmph there goes another one of your fanboy arguments
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#34trav3901Posted 10/19/2013 6:24:27 AM
I agree with tc in a way. I owned a ps2 and original xbox but stopped playing ps2 after a while when i realised how much "better" the xbox was. I completely skipped the ps3 and went with the 360 until i wanted a blu ray player at which point ps3 was the cheapest, after having it a few months i decided to get an exclusive and enjoyed it so i tried another. Now after having both i will always buy all consoles I'm still partial to xbox but thats just because of my online experiences with both platforms. But to be honest ive never had as much fun with sony and ms as I've had with nintendo, although i do get alot more enjoyment from them it's just to much about the next "best thing" with them where as nintendo always tries something new and adds a fresh twist on their already popular franchises(although the 9001 2d mario games are gettimg a bit stale). I guess what I'm trying to say is no one is better than the other they just all bring different things to the table and we should respect that and respect that not everyone will like it all
---
i7 3820QM, NVIDIA GTX 675M, 16GB DDR3, 17.4" 3D screen
#35maheo30Posted 10/19/2013 6:34:21 AM
I'm a one console gamer because the PS3 simply didn't have enough interesting games. All my multiplats I played on the 360. So, for me, the only reason to buy a PS3 would have been for exclusives, but if they keep making unimaginative, storyless games like "The Last of Us" then my money is staying in my wallet. I don't see anything changing in the future when it comes to the PS4.
---
The world should realize with increased clearness that Evangelicalism stands or falls with Calvinism. (Dr. B.B. Warfield)
#36DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/19/2013 8:56:53 AM
vashtricham posted...
So they pushed for bluray which is now the standard... Those sony bastards did it again.... Someone is really reaching

Actually, so far, Bluray seems like nothing except terrible for gaming...

For one thing, the increased format size is useless since people are now installing games to the HDD anyways, which is like 10x faster for load speeds.

What HAS happened is that now games take a ridiculous amount of our HDD space instead. Games like Killzone are 50gb while PC games with better graphics and more content only take up a fraction of the resources.

The only person that benefitted was Sony because now they've won their format war. I know you were trying to be smart but you were being pretty dumb since the argument was that it was standardized because they forced it on us with our money.

Ya so dumb of me, sony forced other consoles to use blu ray or a form of blu ray huh

Where did I say that? I clearly said Sony standardized the format for the industry by forcing it on gamers. Are you trying to use bad English as some form of argument?
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#37DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/19/2013 9:00:27 AM
vashtricham posted...
vashtricham posted...

Fanboy confirmed there is no excuse for knowingly selling rrod consoles just for their benefit that is the definition of anti consumer. They got sued about it aswell hmph there goes another one of your fanboy arguments

How does that counter my argument at all? You were comparing Sony and MS. You've proven that MS has done something for their own interests, which you consider anti consumer. The fact is, Sony was worse about their problems. They didn't even fix it for people at all.

You say MS was sued but clearly you don't even know what you are talking about here because their is a clear difference between MS, who got sued but didn't even wait for the issue to be over before issuing a warranty that the courts would not have demanded. Its not "pro-consumer", they clearly just have a lot of money and care more about reputation. PS2 on the other hand, was sued and LOST yet they STILL didn't admit that there was a problem, only that they lost in court for no reason.

I'm a fanboy because I had to buy 4 PS2s and only 1 Xbox due to failure rates?
---
#38Gamer4e4Posted 10/19/2013 9:01:35 AM
One console gamers?

I've preordered the PS4 but also have a decent PC, iPad2, PS3 and Xbox 360.

The ONLY reason I'm not buying an Xbone is the KINECT.. Otherwise, I'd be buying one as well as the PS4.
#39slyman19Posted 10/19/2013 9:31:13 AM
I'm only sticking with the Xbox One this gen because $ony really p***** me off with the Vita. They pretty much abandoned the system before it came out and charged an insane amount for small amounts of memory. It's a shame as the Vita had such potential. Hopefully I won't have to buy another $ony product again.
#40MaverickneoPosted 10/19/2013 9:58:29 AM
This Generation of consoles consumers will be more picky. They both need that "something" to have people flock over to their system.

PS1 was obvious, it was the first "Sucessful" CD based console with companies to back it up.

PS2 was one of the first "cheaper" DVD players back then. (thats the reason I, and a lot of other people bought it)

PS3 was one of the first cheaper Blu ray players also and since Blu ray won the format war, there you go. Thats the reason I purchased a PS3 first, until I realized that ALL of my friends were gaming on XBOX. Till this day, I use the PS3 85% of the time as a blu ray player.

Now we have PS4 and Xbox one. Which one of those will offer or has the "Must have special feature"?