XB1.pdf

#3195_EclipsePosted 10/21/2013 5:22:19 PM
straymatter posted...
"Xbox One throws out traditional PC architecture. It has special processors that handle things like graphics and physics processing. The result is a chip and system that are freakishly powerful"

http://www.itworld.com/hardware/371478/microsoft-emerges-cpu-force-xbox-one-and-Kinect

Well that's good, throwing out traditional PC architecture and going with a special processor worked wonders for the Ps3.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#32straymatter(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 5:26:10 PM
PS3 just needed more unified RAM
#3395_EclipsePosted 10/21/2013 5:28:36 PM
straymatter posted...
PS3 just needed more unified RAM

Still would have been worse for Multiplats, due to the devs never taking the time to make the processor work.

Devs now want minimal effort, maximum return. Not "best game we can make"
---
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#3495_EclipsePosted 10/21/2013 5:29:17 PM
Basically all I'm saying, is keep your hype in check. No need to lead yourself into disappointment, no matter what console/game you're going to buy.
---
#35Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/21/2013 5:52:38 PM(edited)
Decimator11 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
the Xbox One's chip architect, said that the chance of defects was high because the chip was so complex,

I like how you cut off the last part of that quote. You know, the part that says that chip was designed with redundancies so that if one part failed, the chip would keep on rolling.

and the chip is still screwed up, so you still have defective hardware no matter how you slice it.

If your car has a cylinder misfiring, don't you think your motor is a bit borked and should be repaired? even tho you can keep on rolling
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8.1!
#36NeoMonkPosted 10/21/2013 5:49:16 PM
I don't see where's the "POWER OF TEH CLOUD" Chip...

I'm starting to think we've been had!
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#37straymatter(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 6:07:52 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
Basically all I'm saying, is keep your hype in check. No need to lead yourself into disappointment, no matter what console/game you're going to buy.

Great points, these next gen the hardware the risk factors are way beyond anything before,
The rate of interest I have, and the rate of complexity of this stuff are evolving at closer to thresholds.
#38Styrof0amPosted 10/22/2013 12:03:53 AM
Looks like the whole console is setup for offloading tasks, and with DX11.1+ the PC people should be able to benefit from XB1 games and vice versa (of course with some porting).

Does anyone know what the + means in DX11.1. Some sort of custom DX perhaps?

I'd really like to Know what version of PCIe they've used on the main SoC, because the higher versions can move some serious data
#39DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/22/2013 12:34:52 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Decimator11 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
the Xbox One's chip architect, said that the chance of defects was high because the chip was so complex,

I like how you cut off the last part of that quote. You know, the part that says that chip was designed with redundancies so that if one part failed, the chip would keep on rolling.

and the chip is still screwed up, so you still have defective hardware no matter how you slice it.

If your car has a cylinder misfiring, don't you think your motor is a bit borked and should be repaired? even tho you can keep on rolling

I don't recommend you get a job in hardware design. Redundancy systems are everywhere. In fact, MS has made their chip somewhat fail proof through this process and is one of their primary points, which you apparently wanted to skip over. Xeeh_Bitz is a troll of the most desperate variety.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#40straymatter(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 4:02:57 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]