Pacher: "Xbox One is as next gen as the Wii U."

#61LaManoNeraIIPosted 10/19/2013 1:30:12 PM
How is PS4 next-gen in comparison?

Don't link his article, just summarize it.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#62Jacob46719Posted 10/19/2013 1:54:22 PM
SilentS89 posted...
Due to how much Pacher hates Nintendo this is pretty harsh of him.

patcher is allowed to change his opinion

watch the pach attacks from the last two months I found them entertaining
---
Buying These: Mario 3D World, SSB4, SSB4, MK8, Watch Dogs, CoD: Ghosts, Zelda: ALBW, X
May Buy These: PS4, Infamous: SS, Destiny, ESO
#63kyncaniPosted 10/19/2013 2:50:18 PM
DiaperDandee posted...
kyncani posted...
catzrul2002 posted...
This gen consists of of 3DS, Wii U, PS4, PSVita and Xbox One.

Technically speaking you could include the Ouya, the Shield, the Mojo and even the Steam Box.

Hmm... Last time there were soo many consoles there was a crash...

The Xbox One is already crashing, so is the Ouya and probably the Shield and Mojo.

To be fair, how much of the hate is heard over the internet? Maybe it will all come true and the One will struggle in reality but I'm not going to be a 100% confident that it will fail simply because a bunch of message boards, where anyone in the world can jump on (including fanboys, and sad people that have tons of alternate accounts) the bandwagon and say it will fail.

I am not 100% confident but at some point and with so many choices at hand, one console will disappear and may be replace with another.

I have a lot more confidence in the Wii U than the Xbox One, but I guess this will be decided in 2014.
#64DiaperDandeePosted 10/19/2013 3:05:53 PM
But why Kyncani (on the Wii U and One)? The Wii U hasn't done well at all so far and the Xbox One at least has sequels to titles that did extremely well on the 360.

Consoles in general sold extremely well this gen, I don't get where some people feel like a system could crash and burn in an instant or that one company is on the verge of bowing out.

I'll wait to see what actually happens instead of listening to a bunch of random people, who quite frankly, have no idea at all what they are talking about.
---
Playing: Dead Space, inFamous, Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
#65RemakeMePosted 10/19/2013 3:20:28 PM
Wii U has problems alone with name being confusing to the casual crowed. How will the Xbox "ONE" not confuse general audiences as well?

PS4 is pretty obvious the next evolution of the system.
---
"There's No absolutes in life. Only in Vodka"
#66Dannyson97Posted 10/19/2013 3:29:46 PM
Well since 8 Gen has already started so they are both current Gen already.
---
I'm pro Nintendo, my friend is pro Sony,
my other friend is pro Microsoft.
#67bloodlover4everPosted 10/19/2013 4:00:47 PM
Solis posted...
Foppe posted...
...people whine about the price of the GPU?
Is a modern $130 GPU less powerful than a 8 years old $600 GPU?
Oh wait, does that mean that my 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 from 2001 is faster than a modern 3.0 GHz i7, because the old P4 CPU cost more back then?

Which would have been perfectly fine if we were actually comparing the GPUs 8 years ago. The Xbox 360's GPU was remarkable for its time. The Xbox One's is lackluster for its time. That's all there is to it.

Solis and Foppe in one topic! This means this topic is very important. To the other gamefaqs users, you are watching two of the legendary Xbox fans here...since the first Xbox...so everyone else show some respect ;)
#68L0L_FAQPosted 10/19/2013 4:13:49 PM
Avirosb posted...
The Wii U isn't next gen, it's current gen.

What a pissing contest. A "generation" is a chronological measure. It's not like fat people aren't part of Generation Y just because you don't like them, it's not like Wii U isn't "next gen" because of whatever arbitrary crap you just made up on the spot.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Tk5qqZc.png
"I dont combine the 3DS and LL together to inflate the numbers. I live in the real world" - Sailor Goon
#69Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 10/19/2013 4:16:57 PM
GwynsSonSolaire posted...
Avirosb posted...
The Wii U isn't next gen, it's current gen.

Thats the point. The One is barely better than current gen

If that was the point then he's an idiot.
#70coltsfan4ever31Posted 10/19/2013 4:36:55 PM
Ironman06 posted...
coltsfan4ever31 posted...
axelfooley2k5 posted...
coltsfan4ever31 posted...
Yeah this will get the fanboys in a frenzy. *grabs popcorn* Who else wants some?

ill have some

if its not coverd in that fake butter garbage

Nope,only all natural. ;)

Have you ever mixed candy in with your popcorn, like m&m's? If you haven't you should try it, it will blow your mind.

I never tried that before. Sounds so delicious. I'll have to do that very soon.
---
---"If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score?"-Vince Lombardi