Pacher: "Xbox One is as next gen as the Wii U."

#71dementedlullabyPosted 10/19/2013 5:11:24 PM
Both the next gen consoles are disappointingly low spec. They should be able to pull off games at 1080p 60fps with all the pretty effects no problem.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam:DementedLullaby
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#72HiddenRoarPosted 10/19/2013 5:23:14 PM
davide8068 posted...
Avirosb posted...
The Wii U isn't next gen, it's current gen.

Lol you do understand generation is related to time and not power, right? Oh man, please tell me you know this..

He probably thinks Light Years is a measurement of Time as well.

lol.
#73XBOXvsPCPosted 10/19/2013 5:27:45 PM
GwynsSonSolaire posted...
Avirosb posted...
The Wii U isn't next gen, it's current gen.

Thats the point. The One is barely better than current gen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep40T7AwjnU
---
"Now you're talking to me baby! That I like! Keep it coming!" - Tony Montana
#74SS_MetalSonicPosted 10/19/2013 5:57:21 PM
DiaperDandee posted...
Foppe posted...
...people whine about the price of the GPU?
Is a modern $130 GPU less powerful than a 8 years old $600 GPU?
Oh wait, does that mean that my 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 from 2001 is faster than a modern 3.0 GHz i7, because the old P4 CPU cost more back then?

Your logic is way off, my 42 inch LCD from 8 years ago is clearly better than my 50 inch LED with way better specs.

No you are doing it wrong.
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Asura's Wrath, Darksiders 2, Assassin's Creed 3, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim,
#75NewMoonShadowPosted 10/19/2013 6:02:40 PM(edited)
DiaperDandee posted...
But why Kyncani (on the Wii U and One)? The Wii U hasn't done well at all so far and the Xbox One at least has sequels to titles that did extremely well on the 360.

Consoles in general sold extremely well this gen, I don't get where some people feel like a system could crash and burn in an instant or that one company is on the verge of bowing out.

I'll wait to see what actually happens instead of listening to a bunch of random people, who quite frankly, have no idea at all what they are talking about.

Hardware sold well, but most companies don't really make a majority of their profits off of hardware, they make it off of software, and that's where most companies are sort of "mmmmeh" right now. The Wii's userbase was massive but the number of people who actually bought games for it is was pretty tiny compared to the X-Box 360 and the PS3. That's why third-parties stopped supporting it outright for the last couple of years barring quick downports from other systems or kids' titles that don't use much power anyway. It's also why third-parties have basically not supported the Wii U in the slightest. The only company selling any Wii games was Nintendo, and even that's not really keeping them afloat anymore since nobody's buying Wii U's.

This is why it seems so weird and awkward that the X-Box One is basically going after the same audience the Wii had, the non-gaming audience.
#76kyncaniPosted 10/20/2013 12:28:18 AM
DiaperDandee posted...
But why Kyncani (on the Wii U and One)? The Wii U hasn't done well at all so far and the Xbox One at least has sequels to titles that did extremely well on the 360.

Consoles in general sold extremely well this gen, I don't get where some people feel like a system could crash and burn in an instant or that one company is on the verge of bowing out.

I'll wait to see what actually happens instead of listening to a bunch of random people, who quite frankly, have no idea at all what they are talking about.

All three consoles have done well this gen, everybody was relevant and nothing has changed, true.

But it is the first time it has ever happened in the history of video games.
Microsoft made their first console last gen only and it was a failure.
Sony made their first console just the generation before and it was a resounding success.
Sega made their last console last generation.

That is why my bet would be one console crashing and maybe a new console coming up.
Because that is usually what happens with a new generation : things change, they don't stay the same.
Using the results of one generation to predict the next one does not work either.