Is xbox one really that bad?

#1fan360Posted 10/19/2013 2:35:11 AM
First, the poll says "It pales in comparison to the PS4, Microsoft needs to get on the ball."

Then, Amazon still takes pre-order for xbox, but not PS4.

Does that mean xbox will not sell at all?
#2EternalVarikPosted 10/19/2013 2:49:07 AM
Yes, Xbone is really that atrocious.

And I am not even joking.
---
My favorite person in the World here:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=92 5601&topic=35833672&user=0
#3BigBossMakaveliPosted 10/19/2013 2:51:46 AM
I asked my local gamestop yesterday how the preorders were at there store Xboxone: 52, PS4:103...OUCH.
#4SoulTrapperPosted 10/19/2013 2:55:02 AM
Microsoft messed it up at the launch and E3, which is when they lost a big part of their core audience: gamers.

They reversed a lot of stuff to catch up to the ps4, but it's still mostly build as a multimedia console instead of a gaming console.
So they might get attention and sales in a different market segment to catch up with the losses in the gamers segment, but I doubt that will happen simply because those different market segments usually just follow whatever is popular with their gamer friends.

The xbox itself isn't that bad, it's just not as good as the ps4 in terms of power, costs $100 more, has a mandatory camera that can stream personal data to Microsoft and has a very negative image attached to it thanks to Microsofts messing up.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#5Gamer4e4Posted 10/19/2013 2:55:07 AM
EternalVarik posted...
Yes, Xbone is really that atrocious.

And I am not even joking.

This ^^
#6BigBossMakaveliPosted 10/19/2013 2:57:34 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Microsoft messed it up at the launch and E3, which is when they lost a big part of their core audience: gamers.

They reversed a lot of stuff to catch up to the ps4, but it's still mostly build as a multimedia console instead of a gaming console.
So they might get attention and sales in a different market segment to catch up with the losses in the gamers segment, but I doubt that will happen simply because those different market segments usually just follow whatever is popular with their gamer friends.

The xbox itself isn't that bad, it's just not as good as the ps4 in terms of power, costs $100 more, has a mandatory camera that can stream personal data to Microsoft and has a very negative image attached to it thanks to Microsofts messing up.

Agreed
#7scoobydoobydontPosted 10/19/2013 3:01:24 AM
Amazon is not taking launch preorders for One. They are offering infinite preorders for "eventually". Pretty much meaningless in terms of gauging sales.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#8CapwnDPosted 10/19/2013 3:02:37 AM
Xbox One has games, PS4 has Greatness.Awaits.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#9straymatterPosted 10/19/2013 3:15:13 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10stekim40Posted 10/19/2013 3:33:24 AM
SoulTrapper posted...

This x1000 + Mandatory spycam in the box doesn't help.
---
With Kinect you are the tool, Microsoft's tool. Now dance puppet, dance!